Located in Gold Coast, Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile is within a 5-minute walk of Chicago Water Tower and within 15 minutes of other popular attractions like John Hancock Center. This 225-room hotel welcomes guests with free breakfast and conveniences like an outdoor pool and a 24-hour fitness center. It's in central Chicago and also a short walk from Tribune Tower and Wrigley Building.
Start your day off right with a free hot/cold buffet breakfast, served each morning from 6 AM to 10 AM. Explore the hotel and meet new friends over drinks at the bar/lounge, or enjoy a bite to eat at the onsite restaurant.
All 225 air-conditioned rooms provide refrigerators, coffee makers, and safes. Guests can expect free WiFi and 37-inch LCD TVs with cable channels. Pillowtop beds sport premium bedding and bathrooms offer hair dryers and free toiletries. Other amenities include phones, ironing boards, and desks.
Guests staying at Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile enjoy an outdoor pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and free WiFi in public areas. Valet parking is available for USD 60 per night, and there's also limo/town car service. The front desk has multilingual staff on hand 24/7 to help with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and luggage storage. Additional amenities include 3 meeting rooms, a 24-hour business center, and a seasonal outdoor pool.
- Walking distance to Chicago Water Tower and John Hancock Center
- Free hot/cold buffet breakfast
- Free WiFi in rooms and public areas
- Onsite dining
Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Renovations & Closures
- Swimming pool
Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown/ Magnificient Mile occupies floors 14-40 of a 40-floor building, is within walking distance of the Magnificent Mile, and across the street from Northwestern Memorial and Lurie Children's Hospitals, and the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago.
Guests will find a seasonal, heated outdoor pool on the 40th floor with views of Michigan Avenue and Lake Michigan. On the 40th floor, a 24-hour fitness center offers cardiovascular and weight training machines. Business travelers can take advantage of the 24-hour business center, plan meetings for up to 80 people in 3 meeting rooms that combined, add up to 3,700-square feet of meeting space, and of the complimentary wireless Internet access available throughout the hotel.
A daily complimentary breakfast buffet includes waffles and oatmeal, and on weekdays, guests can grab a Hampton’s On the Run Breakfast bag if rushing to get out early. An on-site restaurant provides a convenient place to get a meal. Coffee and tea are available in the lobby 24-hours, and an on-site shop provides snacks and toiletries.
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- 24-hour business center
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 225
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Year Built 1972
- Number of floors - 26
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Free breakfast
- Concierge services
- Grocery/convenience store
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Meeting rooms 3
- Conference space size (feet) - 3700
- Conference space size (meters) - 333
- Number of meeting rooms - 3
- Smoke-free property
- Outdoor pool
- Outdoor seasonal pool
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile offers 225 air-conditioned accommodations with safes and coffee/tea makers. Pillowtop beds feature premium bedding. 37-inch LCD televisions come with premium cable channels. Bathrooms include complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and phones. Microwaves and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested. Housekeeping is provided daily.
- Pillowtop mattress
- Cable TV service
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Microwave (on request)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Free WiFi
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room safe
- LCD TV
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
The Elephant and Castle Pub - Full-service restaurant on lobby level. British comfort foods include bangers and mash, fish and chips, shepherd's pie, roast beef, and Yorkshire puddings. Other fare includes steak, grilled fish, chicken, pasta, and sandwiches. Imported beers, ales, and single-malt Scotches. Outdoor seating during warmer weather.
Start your day with a free hot/cold buffet breakfast, available daily from 6 AM to 10 AM.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel offers a fitness center and seasonal outdoor swimming pool on the 40th floor.
A jogging path along Lake Michigan is roughly five blocks away and the challenging and scenic Sydney R. Marovitz Golf Course is 4.5 miles north, along Lake Michigan. Rental bicycles and in-line skates are available at several beachfront locations. During summer, Oak Street Beach, two miles north, is popular for sunbathing and for swimming. Also in summer, beach volleyball courts are available for rent or pick-up games.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Golfing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at 12:30 AM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for USD 20.00 per stay.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75 per accommodation, per stay
- Dogs and cats only
- 2 per room (up to 25 lb)
- Specific rooms only
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Parking height restrictions apply
- Valet parking fee: USD 60 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75 per accommodation, per stay
- Refrigerator fee: USD 20 per stay
- In-room microwave fee: USD 20 per stay
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 20.00 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per night
- Crowne Plaza Chicago Magnificent Mile
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago Magnificent Mile
- Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile Hotel
- Hampton Inn Downtown/Magnificent Hotel
- Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
- Hampton Inn Downtown/Magnificent
We should mention
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.