Popular property highlights
Located in Downtown San Francisco, San Francisco Marriott Marquis is within a 5-minute walk of Westfield San Francisco Centre and within 15 minutes of other popular attractions like San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. This 4-star hotel welcomes guests with conveniences like 3 restaurants, 2 bars/lounges, and a fitness center. Located in central San Francisco, the hotel is also near Lombard Street and Pier 39.
There are ample dining options with 3 onsite restaurants, including Bin 55 Restaurant, which specializes in Californian cuisine. You can get a quick energy boost at the coffee shop/café. Start your day off with buffet breakfast, available for a fee.
All air-conditioned rooms feature coffee makers, safes, and phones. Guests can expect WiFi, wired Internet, and 32-inch flat-screen TVs with cable channels. Bathrooms offer hair dryers and designer toiletries, and beds are dressed in premium bedding. In-room massages are available, and other amenities include ironing boards and desks.
Guests staying at San Francisco Marriott Marquis enjoy a fitness center, a steam room, and WiFi in public areas. Valet parking is available for USD 70.70 per day, and there's also limo/town car service. The 24-hour front desk has multilingual staff ready to assist with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and luggage storage. Additional amenities include 59 meeting rooms, a conference center, and a business center.
- Walking distance to Westfield San Francisco Centre and San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
- Onsite dining
- Fitness center
- WiFi and wired Internet in rooms and public areas (fees apply)
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
The San Francisco Marriott Marquis is just south of Market Street, downtown's main thoroughfare. Yerba Buena Center for the Arts is across the street and the Moscone Convention Center is a block away. Union Square shopping, the historic cable cars, Chinatown, and the San Francisco Museum of Modern art are within a quarter-mile (0.4 kilometer) of the hotel.
The hotel's Chill Zone/Work Zone is decorated in warm wood tones with modern furnishings. A concierge desk in the lobby is staffed with certified "Clefs d'Or," members of the national organization of hotel lobby concierges. A FedEx Office located on the B2 Level offers convenient solutions for your business (surcharges apply). WiFi access is available in the lobby for a surcharge.
Dining and refreshment options include the Bin 55 Restaurant and Wine Bar for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The View Lounge for cocktails and light fare.
Guests have complimentary access to a fitness center, which offers cardio machines, and fitness equipment. Lockers are available at an additional charge.
This hotel is entirely smoke-free.
- RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 39
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Coffee shop or café
- Conference space
- Fitness facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Total number of rooms - 1,499
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms 59
- Multilingual staff
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1989
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Conference center
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Steam room
- Wedding services
- Valet parking (surcharge)
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 14.95 per day ), Wired internet access ( USD 14.95 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 14.95 per day ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 14.95 per night )
Valet parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
Air-conditioned accommodations at San Francisco Marriott Marquis offer safes and coffee/tea makers. Beds feature premium bedding. 32-inch flat-screen televisions come with premium cable channels. Bathrooms include shower/tub combinations, designer toiletries, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers.
In-room wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Business-friendly amenities include desks and phones. Additionally, rooms include irons/ironing boards and blackout drapes/curtains. Refrigerators, in-room massages, and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested. Housekeeping is provided daily.
- Air conditioning
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Shower/tub combination
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- In-room safe
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Where to Eat
The View Lounge - Located on the 39th floor of the hotel, this lounge features views of the San Francisco skyline through dramatic floor-to-ceiling windows. Open from late afternoon to late evening daily.
Bin 55 Restaurant and Wine Bar - Featuring a variety of California wines and craft beers; serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
No room service available.
Nearby Things to Do
Guests of the San Francisco Marriott Marquis have complimentary access to the 4th-floor fitness center, along with an outdoor sun patio. The large fitness center offers cardio equipment and free weights. Women's and men's locker rooms are accessible for a surcharge.
Across the street, the Rooftop at Yerba Buena Gardens includes an ice-skating rink, a bowling alley, a small playground, and a carousel. One mile (1.6 kilometers) away, the Embarcadero offers a bayside promenade popular for walking, biking, jogging, and in-line skating. A seasonal ice-skating rink is located at the Embarcadero Center. Kayaking and rock climbing facilities are within 3 miles (4.8 kilometers).
Boating, fishing, sailing, and surfing are offered at various areas around the San Francisco Bay, including several beaches within 3 to 10 miles (4.8 to 16.1 kilometers) of the hotel. The Presidio Golf Course, 4 miles (6.4 kilometers) from the hotel, is open to the public.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20.00 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Only service animals are allowed
- Breakfast fee: between USD 22 and USD 32 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 70.70 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.00 per stay
- Marquis Marriott San Francisco
- Marquis San Francisco
- Marquis San Francisco Marriott
- San Francisco Marriott Marquis Union Square Hotel
- Marriott Marquis San Francisco
- Marriott San Francisco
- Marriott San Francisco Marquis
- San Francisco Marquis
- San Francisco Marriott Marquis
- San Francisco Marriott Marquis Hotel
- San Francisco Marriott Marquis Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Marriott Marquis Union Square
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.