VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
Orbitz Platinum members receive free room upgrades and Platinum and Gold members get other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Located in Downtown San Francisco, Fairmont San Francisco is a leisurely stroll from popular sights such as TransAmerica Pyramid and Westfield San Francisco Centre. This 591-room, 5-star hotel has 2 restaurants along with conveniences like a full-service spa and a health club. It's in central San Francisco and also close to Lombard Street and Pier 39.
Enjoy dining at Caffe Cento, one of 2 onsite restaurants. Savor a meal from the comfort of your room with 24-hour room service, or get a quick energy boost at the coffee shop/café. For your convenience, a cooked-to-order breakfast is served each morning for a fee.
All 591 air-conditioned rooms provide iPod docks, minibars, and coffee makers. 42-inch flat-screen TVs come with digital channels and pay movies, and guests can stay connected with WiFi and wired Internet. Bathrooms offer hair dryers and designer toiletries, and pillowtop beds with Frette Italian sheets and down comforters ensure a restful night. Video-game consoles, safes, and phones are also standard.
Fairmont San Francisco features a full-service spa, a nightclub, and a health club. Parking is available for USD 72.00 per day (USD 72.00 per day for valet parking), and there's also limo/town car service. The 24-hour front desk has multilingual staff ready to assist with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and luggage storage. Other amenities at this luxury hotel include a sauna, a rooftop terrace, and WiFi in public areas.
- Walking distance to TransAmerica Pyramid and Westfield San Francisco Centre
- Onsite dining
Fairmont San Francisco
In addition to a full-service spa, Fairmont San Francisco features a health club and a sauna. The hotel offers a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. WiFi is available for a surcharge.
This 5-star property offers access to a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and meeting rooms. This luxury hotel also offers a nightclub, a steam room, and spa services. Onsite parking is available (surcharge).
- Steam room
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 52
- Total number of rooms - 591
- Multilingual staff
- Express check-in
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Hair salon
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Wedding services
- Concierge services
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- Health club
- Designated smoking areas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Laundry facilities
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Conference space size (meters) - 5110
- Year Built 1907
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 55000
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 13.95 per 24-hour period ), Wired internet access ( USD 13.95 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 13.95 per 24-hour period )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
Fairmont San Francisco offers 591 air-conditioned accommodations with iPod docking stations and minibars. Pillowtop beds feature Frette Italian sheets, down comforters, and premium bedding. 42-inch flat-screen televisions come with premium digital channels, video-game consoles, and pay movies. Bathrooms include bathrobes, designer toiletries, and hair dryers.
This San Francisco hotel provides wired and wireless Internet access for a surcharge. Business-friendly amenities include desks, safes, and phones. Additionally, rooms include coffee/tea makers and irons/ironing boards. In-room massages and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested. Housekeeping is provided daily.
- Premium TV channels
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Room service (24 hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- iPod docking station
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
- Down comforter
- Frette Italian sheets
- Pillowtop mattress
Where to Eat
Fairmont San Francisco offers 3 fabulous dining options. These San Francisco restaurants are world-renowned in this landmark hotel. Tonga Room & Hurricane Bar offers exotic Asian cuisine, along with the city's best Mai Tai, in the unforgettable setting of a tropical rainforest. Laurel Court Restaurant & Bar offers a fine dining experience featuring local ingredients and fresh seafood from San Francisco Bay, paired with one-of-a-kind wines from the area's top boutique wineries and local craft beers. Inspired by the cafes of Europe, Caffé Cento combines the coffee of illy with the chocolate of Ghirardelli and the hospitality of Fairmont.
Due to the restaurants’ popularity during the holiday season, dining reservations are required from November 24, 2016 – January 1, 2017. Book restaurant reservations early to secure preferred timeframe.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a health club, a sauna, and a steam room.
Guests can indulge in a pampering treatment at the hotel's full-service spa, Club One. Services include massages, facials, and body treatments. The spa is equipped with a sauna, a spa tub, and a steam room. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy.
- Steam room in spa
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 50.00 per day.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75 per pet, per stay
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 19 and USD 38 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 13.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 13.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 13.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 72.00 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 72.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75 per pet, per stay
- Refrigerator fee: USD 25.00 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50.00 per day
- Fairmont San Francisco Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel San Francisco
- Fairmont San Francisco
- San Francisco Fairmont
- The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel
- The Fairmont San Francisco
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- Fairmont San Francisco is listed in the 2011 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.