Skip to main content
Beginning of main content

Recent guest reviews

It’s too much noisy . No sound proof. I don’t recommend stay here at all.

room was cold, during winter months recommend a door draft stopper be installed along with a winter curtain over the front window.

The gas fireplace and the large wingback chair! I also liked the lamanent floors and throw rug.

Trash was left in the room, old phone didn’t work. Had to unplug it to stop the busy dial town from continuously making that sound. The lamp inside was broken and didn’t work. No screen on the bathroom window with ash on the bathroom window ledge. Room looked like someone putting lipstick on a pig. Pet friendly but no real place to take them to use the restroom. Only positive was how close it it to the downtown area.

Accessible to restaurants and stores. Nice front desk staff. The room we stayed smelled weed (like the previous client there smoked weed to think it’s a nonsmoking). We just ask for an air freshener but it really didn’t help. Ask if we could be reassigned to another room but they only have a king size room and we need 2 queen beds cause there’s 3 of us. Really disappointed. I hope they will have a good housekeeper.

Location was pretty good, plenty of parking. Rooms mediocre at best.

Property was in a good location, not as close to the lake as the picture would indicate, it’s a few block walk away. The condition was pretty bad, the stairs going up to the second floor of the cedar lodge were not working, and it is extremely dark at night. The shower reminded me of when I was in boot camp, or the shower you would have in a high school gym, and it had enough pressure to strip the bark off of tree. The absolute worst part of this place was the fire hazards in the room. The so called fireplace room is nothing more than an electric fireplace you would buy at Home Depot. This appliance uses 1500 watts of power, and should never ever be plugged into a an extension cord. Not only was this plugged into a cheap dollar store cord, it had a 3 prong adapter as well. This was then plugged into a cheap power strip, along with the tv. To top all this off they had another cheap power strip buried between the mattress and box spring with the items on the night stand plugged into it. Don’t stay here, I can only imagine the rest of this hotel is full of these redneck repairs.

Very close to heavenly village. Fireplace was nice in the room. Room lacked counter space in bathroom. Very small tv that was only in front of one bed. No ice machine with nothing saying it was broken either. End rooms are awkward as the door to other room is basically night next to each other. Guests playing super loud music which sounded like live band. Felt bad as they tried to get the person to stop by they refused to answer the door. Very disappointed as last time I stayed it wasn't bad at all.

It is ok. Clean and warm. But some rooms are old and the microwave didn’t work. The TV was small. Also the bathroom

Not the nicest, but I'd stay here again for the price! After skiing we came home to a toasty warm room with wall fireplace and a scalding hot shower. It was bigger than we expected. The bedding smelled and looked fresh and clean. Things were a little run down overall. The carpet was ancient and would not have been comfortable to use the tub for a bath. But a good cheap stop. We would stay here again.

Nice location. Easy walk to Gondola and stores/restaurants. Checkin was not punctual, had to wait an hour. Otherwise, a good place to stay

Room was very comfortable and spacious. Excellent for a sky trip.

WIFI was very slow and disconnected frequently. AC was too loud.

Overall it was just okay. The walls were paper thin and you could hear your neighbors tv all night long. You get what you pay for.

For an older building it’s in pretty good shape and just something about the feel of the room and bathroom Justin made me feel at home. The location is amazing. I would stay here again for sure.

it was absolutely discusting. my 3 year old granddaughter walked on the carpet for less that 5 minutes and her feet were black. the linens smelled. the carpeted hallways smelled of urine. never ever again

This place has become my go to hotel in Tahoe. Always clean rooms, great location with close walking distance to the Nevada State-line, reasonably priced, and friendly staff.

Cedar Ave South Lake Tahoe CA

Hotel highlights

  • Walking distance to Heavenly Gondola and The Shops at Heavenly Village
  • Free WiFi in rooms and public areas
  • Free parking

Located in Lakeside Park, Big Pines Mountain House is within a 5-minute walk of Heavenly Gondola and within 15 minutes of other popular attractions like The Shops at Heavenly Village. This 75-room motel has in-room conveniences like refrigerators, microwaves, and coffee makers.


Rooms

All of Big Pines Mountain House's 75 air-conditioned rooms provide microwaves, refrigerators, and coffee makers. LCD TVs come with cable channels, and free WiFi keeps guests connected. Bathrooms offer hair dryers and designer toiletries. Free local calls, safes, and ironing boards are also available. Limited housekeeping is available.


Property features

At Big Pines Mountain House, guests have access to free WiFi in public areas, a seasonal outdoor pool, and express check-out. Free parking is included with your stay. Multilingual staff is on hand to answer questions. Other amenities at this beach motel include a terrace, barbecue grills, and a picnic area.

Room options

Deluxe Room, 2 Queen Beds

2 Queen Beds | Sleeps 4

King Deluxe Nonsmoking

1 King Bed | Sleeps 2

King Room with Kitchenette

1 King Bed | Sleeps 2

Standard Queen Room

1 Queen Bed | Sleeps 2

Guest reviews for Big Pines Mountain House

Everyone (31) Couples (5) Family (11) Other (1)
1
Family

It’s too much noisy . No sound proof. I don’t recommend stay here at all.

By , from Bayarea on Dec 13, 2020

3
Everyone

room was cold, during winter months recommend a door draft stopper be installed along with a winter curtain over the front window.

By , from san diego on Nov 30, 2020

5
Family

The gas fireplace and the large wingback chair! I also liked the lamanent floors and throw rug.

By , from Sacramento, CA on Nov 29, 2020

2
Family

Trash was left in the room, old phone didn’t work. Had to unplug it to stop the busy dial town from continuously making that sound. The lamp inside was broken and didn’t work. No screen on the bathroom window with ash on the bathroom window ledge. Room looked like someone putting lipstick on a pig. Pet friendly but no real place to take them to use the restroom. Only positive was how close it it to the downtown area.

By on Oct 11, 2020

5
Everyone

By on Jul 26, 2020

2
Family

Accessible to restaurants and stores. Nice front desk staff. The room we stayed smelled weed (like the previous client there smoked weed to think it’s a nonsmoking). We just ask for an air freshener but it really didn’t help. Ask if we could be reassigned to another room but they only have a king size room and we need 2 queen beds cause there’s 3 of us. Really disappointed. I hope they will have a good housekeeper.

By on Jul 21, 2020

3
Family Partner Couples

Location was pretty good, plenty of parking. Rooms mediocre at best.

By , from California on Jun 28, 2020

1
Family with small children

Property was in a good location, not as close to the lake as the picture would indicate, it’s a few block walk away. The condition was pretty bad, the stairs going up to the second floor of the cedar lodge were not working, and it is extremely dark at night. The shower reminded me of when I was in boot camp, or the shower you would have in a high school gym, and it had enough pressure to strip the bark off of tree. The absolute worst part of this place was the fire hazards in the room. The so called fireplace room is nothing more than an electric fireplace you would buy at Home Depot. This appliance uses 1500 watts of power, and should never ever be plugged into a an extension cord. Not only was this plugged into a cheap dollar store cord, it had a 3 prong adapter as well. This was then plugged into a cheap power strip, along with the tv. To top all this off they had another cheap power strip buried between the mattress and box spring with the items on the night stand plugged into it. Don’t stay here, I can only imagine the rest of this hotel is full of these redneck repairs.

By , from Pasadena,Ca on Jun 16, 2020

2
Partner Couples Friends Business Business

Very close to heavenly village. Fireplace was nice in the room. Room lacked counter space in bathroom. Very small tv that was only in front of one bed. No ice machine with nothing saying it was broken either. End rooms are awkward as the door to other room is basically night next to each other. Guests playing super loud music which sounded like live band. Felt bad as they tried to get the person to stop by they refused to answer the door. Very disappointed as last time I stayed it wasn't bad at all.

By on Mar 7, 2020

3
Family with small children Friends Family

It is ok. Clean and warm. But some rooms are old and the microwave didn’t work. The TV was small. Also the bathroom

By on Jan 22, 2020

url importing http://www.orbitz.com/Lake-Tahoe-Hotels-Big-Pines-Mountain-House.h1142303-p2.Hotel-Reviews
There was an error importing /Lake-Tahoe-Hotels-Big-Pines-Mountain-House.h1142303-p2.Hotel-Reviews, error: javax.servlet.jsp.JspTagException: 301 http://www.orbitz.com/Lake-Tahoe-Hotels-Big-Pines-Mountain-House.h1142303-p2.Hotel-Reviews