Located in Downtown San Francisco, Palace Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Francisco is within a 10-minute walk of popular sights such as Union Square and San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. This 556-room, 5-star hotel has 2 restaurants, an indoor pool, and a fitness center. It's in central San Francisco and also a short walk from Westfield San Francisco Centre and TransAmerica Pyramid.
Enjoy dining at Garden Court, one of 2 onsite restaurants. Satisfy your hunger from the comfort of your room with 24-hour room service. For your convenience, a cooked-to-order breakfast is available for a fee.
All of Palace Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Francisco's 556 rooms are air-conditioned and have an array of amenities, including free weekday newspapers, free bottled water, and laptop-compatible safes. 48-inch flat-screen TVs come with satellite channels and pay movies, and guests can stay connected with WiFi and wired Internet. Bathrooms offer hair dryers and designer toiletries, and beds are dressed in premium bedding. Other standard amenities include phones, ironing boards, and desks.
At Palace Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Francisco, guests enjoy an indoor pool, a fitness center, and a spa tub. Valet parking is available for USD 59.28-72.96 per day, and there's also limo/town car service. Multilingual staff at the front desk are standing by 24/7 to help with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and luggage storage. Other amenities at this luxury hotel include WiFi in public areas, 20 meeting rooms, and a conference center.
- Walking distance to Union Square and San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
- Onsite dining
- Indoor pool
- Fitness center
Palace Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Francisco
This historic downtown San Francisco hotel is just a block from the Financial District and numerous walkable attractions. Union Square, designer boutiques, the Embarcadero, and many cultural locations are within a 15-minute walk.
Renovated in 2015, this San Francisco Palace Hotel - Luxury Collection is a member of the Luxury Collection, which includes more than 100 Starwood hotels and resorts around the world. In its newest incarnation, elements of the historic 1909 construction blend with modern style and convenience. The San Fransico Palace Hotel boasts fine dining in the Garden Court and Pied Piper, along with classic drinks in the GC Lounge. The health club features a skylit pool and spa tub with chaise loungers and marble-clad changing rooms. Onsite fitness offerings also include cardio machines and weight racks. Internet access is available in public areas for a fee.
Guests can relax in the hotel's 556 elegant guestrooms, which boast spacious 11-foot ceilings. Beds feature luxurious headboards, pillowtop mattresses, and down duvets. Wireless Internet access is available for a fee, and each room contains a laptop-compatible safe. Entertainment amenities include 48-inch flat-panel TVs. Ensuite marble bathrooms include designer toiletries, bathrobes, and slippers. All rooms include refrigerators, and in-room dining is available 24 hours a day.
- 24-hour front desk
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 8
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Concierge services
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Fitness facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms 20
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 556
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1875
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Conference space size (feet) - 53000
- Conference space size (meters) - 4924
- Number of meeting rooms - 23
- Conference center
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa tub
- Indoor pool
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 15.99 per 24-hour period ), Wired internet access ( USD 15.99 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 8.00 per hour ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 8 per hour )
Valet parking (surcharge)
Palace Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Francisco offers 556 air-conditioned accommodations with laptop-compatible safes and complimentary bottled water. Beds feature premium bedding. 48-inch flat-screen televisions come with satellite channels and pay movies. Bathrooms include shower/tub combinations, bathrobes, slippers, and designer toiletries.
In-room wired and wireless high-speed Internet access is available for a surcharge. Business-friendly amenities include desks, complimentary weekday newspapers, and phones. Additionally, rooms include hair dryers and irons/ironing boards. Housekeeping is provided daily.
- Air conditioning
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- Free bottled water
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Flat-panel TV
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Shower/tub combination
- Room service (24 hours)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Garden Court - Majestic, atrium-style dining room with soaring stained-glass dome, lush greenery, and Austrian crystal chandeliers. Breakfast and lunch are served daily from Monday-Saturday, the City Brunch is served à la carte on Sundays, and a buffet brunch is provided on certain holidays. A relaxed and elegant tea time, the Signature Tea, is prepared every Saturday afternoon from 2 PM to 5 PM.
GC Lounge - Enjoy signature cocktails and small bites at this stylish contemporary lounge. Open evenings from Monday-Sunday from 5 PM to 10 PM, and for Tea Time on Sunday-Friday.
Pied Piper - Home of the Maxfield Parrish mural The Pied Piper of Hamelin, which was painted for the hotel's reopening in 1909. Polished dark woods and coffered ceiling bring to mind a San Francisco gentlemen's club of the early 1900s.
Nearby Things to Do
Located on the fourth floor, health offerings feature a skylit lap pool, a spa tub, and a fitness center. Relaxing chaise loungers and stone accents surround the pool, and the marble-clad changing rooms include spa showers and large mirrors.
Fitness equipment includes a selection of cardio machines, spin bikes, and weight racks.
The Palace is about 4.5 miles from the historic Presidio Golf Course, rejuvenated under the supervision of Arnold Palmer Golf Management.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 55 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75.00 per accommodation, per night
- Dogs only
- 1 per room (up to 15.00 lb)
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
This property prohibits parties, group celebrations or gatherings in guestrooms and suites. Guests may host parties in a private function room or restaurant. For more details, please contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 20 and USD 150 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 15.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 15.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 8.00 per hour (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: USD 8 per hour (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 59.28-72.96 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75.00 per accommodation, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 55 per night
- Palace Hotel Luxury Collection
- Palace Hotel Luxury Collection San Francisco
- Palace Luxury Collection
- Palace Luxury Collection San Francisco
- Palace Hotel Luxury Collection Hotel San Francisco
- Palace Hotel Luxury Collection Hotel
We should mention
Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.