The Hay-Adams places you in Downtown Washington D.C., within a leisurely stroll of popular sights such as White House and George Washington University. This 145 -room, 5-star hotel welcomes guests with a restaurant, free in-room WiFi, and a fitness center. Located in central Washington, the hotel is also near Ford's Theater and Washington Monument.
In addition to a restaurant that serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner, there's also a bar. Savor a meal from the comfort of your room with 24-hour room service. Start each morning off right with cooked-to-order breakfast served for a fee.
The Hay-Adams's 145 rooms are air-conditioned and provide minibars, free newspapers, and free local calls. Guests can expect 37-inch flat-screen TVs with digital channels and pay movies, along with free WiFi and wired Internet. Pillowtop beds sport Egyptian cotton sheets and down comforters, and bathrooms offer hair dryers and designer toiletries. Laptop-compatible safes, ironing boards, and desks are other standard amenities.
Guests of The Hay-Adams enjoy a fitness center, free WiFi in public areas, and conference space. Valet parking is available for USD 49 per day, and there's also limo/town car service. Multilingual staff at the 24-hour front desk can assist with dry cleaning/laundry, tours or tickets, and luggage storage. Other amenities at this luxury hotel include a 24-hour business center, express check-out, and free newspapers.
- Walking distance to White House and George Washington University
- Free WiFi in rooms and public areas
- Onsite dining
- Fitness center
The Hay-Adams in Washington, DC offers a distinguished address across Lafayette Square from the White House and 4 blocks from the National Mall.
Amenities include a complimentary 24-hour business center, 24-hour room service, and banquet facilities.
- Total number of rooms - 145
- Year Built 1928
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Laundry facilities
- Babysitting or childcare
- Luggage storage
- One meeting room
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 8
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Free WiFi
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Number of meeting rooms - 9
- 24-hour business center
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
The Hay-Adams offers 145 air-conditioned accommodations with minibars and laptop-compatible safes. Pillowtop beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets, down comforters, and premium bedding. 37-inch flat-screen televisions come with premium digital channels and pay movies. Bathrooms include shower/tub combinations, bathrobes, slippers, and designer toiletries.
Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wired and wireless high-speed Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and complimentary newspapers, as well as phones; free local calls are provided (restrictions may apply). Additionally, rooms include hair dryers and irons/ironing boards. Refrigerators, in-room massages, and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered daily.
- Pay movies
- Turndown service
- Room service (24 hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Free local calls
- Air conditioning
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- In-room massage available
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Free dial-up Internet access
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Pillowtop mattress
Where to Eat
Lafayette Room - Contemporary American cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and Sunday brunch. Dinner Monday through Friday evenings. The Hay-Adams' Lafayette Room is elegant and sunny.
Off the Record Bar - Classic American dishes for lunch and dinner. The décor includes red-plush booths and walls decorated with caricatures of current political players—the drawings are changed regularly.
Nearby Things to Do
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets allowed
- Dogs only
- 1 per room (up to 25 lb)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 49 per day (in/out privileges)
- Hay-Adams Hotel
- Hay-Adams Hotel Washington
- Hay-Adams Washington
- Hay Adams Washington Dc
- The Hay-Adams Hotel Washington Dc
We should mention
Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The Hay-Adams is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay and the 2013 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.