The Hay-Adams places you in Downtown Washington D.C., within a leisurely stroll of popular sights such as White House and George Washington University. This 145-room, 5-star hotel welcomes guests with a restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center, and free in-room WiFi. Located in central Washington, the hotel is also near Ford's Theater and Washington Monument.
This hotel serves as home to a bar, along with a fine-dining restaurant that specializes in American cuisine. Savor a meal from the comfort of your room with 24-hour room service. Start weekdays with cooked-to-order breakfast, available for a fee from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM.
The Hay-Adams's 145 rooms are air-conditioned and provide minibars, free newspapers, and free local calls. Guests can expect 37-inch flat-screen TVs with digital channels and pay movies, along with free WiFi and wired Internet. Pillowtop beds sport Egyptian cotton sheets and down comforters, and bathrooms offer hair dryers and designer toiletries. Laptop-compatible safes, ironing boards, and desks are other standard amenities.
Guests of The Hay-Adams enjoy a 24-hour fitness center, free WiFi in public areas, and 13 meeting rooms. Valet parking is available for USD 59 per day, and there's also limo/town car service. Multilingual staff at the 24-hour front desk can assist with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and luggage storage. Other amenities at this luxury hotel include conference space, a business center, and express check-out.
- Walking distance to White House and George Washington University
- Free WiFi in rooms and public areas
- Onsite dining
- 24-hour fitness center
The Hay-Adams in Washington, DC offers a distinguished address across Lafayette Square from the White House and 4 blocks from the National Mall.
Amenities include a complimentary 24-hour business center, 24-hour room service, and banquet facilities.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 145
- Babysitting or childcare
- Year Built 1928
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Concierge services
- Fireplace in lobby
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Luggage storage
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundry facilities
- Number of floors - 8
- Conference space size (feet) - 15500
- Conference space size (meters) - 1440
- Smoke-free property
- Wedding services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms 13
- Multilingual staff
- Number of meeting rooms - 9
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
The Hay-Adams offers 145 air-conditioned accommodations with minibars and laptop-compatible safes. Pillowtop beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets, down comforters, and premium bedding. 37-inch flat-screen televisions come with premium digital channels and pay movies. Bathrooms include shower/tub combinations, bathrobes, slippers, and designer toiletries.
Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wired and wireless high-speed Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and complimentary newspapers, as well as phones; free local calls are provided (restrictions may apply). Additionally, rooms include hair dryers and irons/ironing boards. Refrigerators, in-room massages, and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered daily.
- Pay movies
- Turndown service
- Free newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Free local calls
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Room service (24 hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Premium TV channels
- Free toiletries
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room massage available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Free dial-up Internet access
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Pillowtop mattress
Where to Eat
Lafayette Room - Contemporary American cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and Sunday brunch. Dinner Monday through Friday evenings. The Hay-Adams' Lafayette Room is elegant and sunny.
Off the Record Bar - Classic American dishes for lunch and dinner. The décor includes red-plush booths and walls decorated with caricatures of current political players—the drawings are changed regularly.
On weekdays, start your day with a cooked-to-order breakfast, available from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM for a surcharge. You can order up room service around the clock.
Nearby Things to Do
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is 10:30 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 30.00 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 59 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30.00 per day
- Hay-Adams Hotel
- Hay-Adams Hotel Washington
- Hay-Adams Washington
- Hay Adams Washington Dc
- The Hay-Adams Hotel Washington Dc
We should mention
Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Set meals are served in guestrooms only (no menus or public dining).
Awards & Affiliations
- The Hay-Adams is listed in the 2017 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay and the 2016 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.