Popular property highlights
Located in Midtown, The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park is within a 10-minute walk of popular sights such as Barney's and Carnegie Hall. This 5-star hotel has 259 rooms and welcomes guests with a restaurant, a full-service spa, and a health club. Centrally located in New York, the hotel is also a short walk from Bloomingdale's and Rockefeller Center.
You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge or visit the onsite restaurant for a bite to eat. Savor a meal from the privacy of your room with 24-hour room service, or get a pick-me-up at the coffee shop/café. Start your day off with full breakfast, available for a fee.
The 259 rooms are air-conditioned and have an array of amenities, including minibars, free newspapers, and free bottled water. Guests can stay connected with WiFi and wired Internet. Beds are dressed in premium bedding and pillow menus, and bathrooms offer hair dryers and designer toiletries. Other amenities include laptop-compatible safes, phones, and desks.
Guests staying at The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park enjoy access to a full-service spa, a health club, and a sauna. Valet parking is available for USD 55 per day, and there's also limo/town car service. The 24-hour front desk has multilingual staff ready to assist with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and luggage storage. Other amenities at this luxury hotel include WiFi in public areas, conference space, and a business center.
- Walking distance to Barney's and Bloomingdale's
- Onsite dining
- Health club
HighlightsInformation missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park
Notable amenities at the Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park include a staff gemologist, special treats for children and pets, and a Technology Butler available around the clock to solve computer problems. Almost all of the hotel's concierges are members of the prestigious Les Clefs d'Or, open only to the best in their profession.
The newest onsite restaurant and bar, Auden (meaning "old friend"), opens in September 2012. Guests won't want to miss the beautiful new architecture of this restaurant, which serves modern bistro-style cuisine.
La Prairie at The Ritz-Carlton Spa, the Switzerland-based spa's first stateside location, features six treatment rooms, men's and women's steam rooms, and a variety of relaxation and beauty-related treatments. A fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment is available to guests 24 hours a day, complete with complimentary steam room access.
This New York hotel is entirely smoke-free.
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Babysitting or childcare
- Number of floors - 22
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Coffee shop or café
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Full-service spa
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Health club
- Total number of rooms - 259
- Laundry facilities
- Concierge services
- Luggage storage
- One meeting room
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Spa services on site
- Steam room
- Wedding services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Valet parking (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 14.95 per day ), Wired internet access ( USD 14.95 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 14.95 per day ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 14.95 per day )
Valet parking (surcharge)
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park offers 259 air-conditioned accommodations with DVD players and minibars. Beds feature premium bedding. A pillow menu is available. Televisions come with pay movies. Bathrooms include separate bathtubs and showers, bathrobes, slippers, and designer toiletries.
This New York hotel provides wired and wireless Internet access for a surcharge. Business-friendly amenities include desks, complimentary newspapers, and phones. Additionally, rooms include laptop-compatible safes and complimentary bottled water. In-room massages, hypo-allergenic bedding, and irons/ironing boards can be requested. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered daily.
- Premium TV channels
- Hair dryer
- Premium bedding
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Daily housekeeping
- Free newspaper
- Free bottled water
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- DVD player
- Air conditioning
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Pay movies
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Separate bathtub and shower
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Pillow menu
- In-room massage available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Auden - The newest addition to the Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park, serving traditional bistro cuisine with a fresh, modern twist. The restaurant also includes a completely redesigned bar and dining area.
Star Lounge - Elegant drawing-room decor in pale green and gold is a warm setting for all-day service of coffee, lunch, appetizers, and cocktails, and a menu offering dozens of tea varieties. The Star Bar between the lounge and dining room is a popular gathering spot. The bartender has a loyal following among New Yorkers and visitors.
Nearby Things to Do
The Ritz-Carlton's complimentary fitness center, open 24 hours, contains cardio machines with individual TVs, along with weight equipment and free weights. Personal training, yoga, and Pilates are available for surcharges. Central Park, across from the hotel, encompasses 843 acres of meadows, woods, cliffs, ravines, gardens, paths, and lakes in an emerald setting. Popular walking and running routes include Central Park Drive (closed to traffic during scheduled hours) and the path around the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir. The Loeb Boathouse, on a 20-acre lake, offers rowboat rentals. The recreational activities listed below are available at or near this Manhattan, New York hotel; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Pilates classes on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 11 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 75 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 250.00 per pet, per stay
- Dogs and cats only
- Up to 60 lb
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Fee for full breakfast: USD 50 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 55 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 55 per day
- Pet fee: USD 250.00 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 75 per night
- Ritz-Carlton Hotel New York Central Park
- Ritz-Carlton New York Central Park
- Ritz-Carlton New York Central Park Hotel
- Ritz Carlton New York City
- Ritz Carlton Manhattan
- Ritz New York City
- New York City Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Carlton Central Park
We should mention
Children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay and the 2013 Travel + Leisure 500.