Fly from Rome to New York
Rome may boast some of Italy's most famous ancient landmarks, but a flight to New York introduces you to North America's modern marvels. Premier entertainment venues such as the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts epitomize New York. Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci International Airport (FCO) is easy to reach by car via A91 or E80. When you fly from Rome to New York on a nonstop route, expect to spend just over nine hours in the air.
Sightseeing tours in Midtown Manhattan often encompass the observation decks at Art Deco landmarks including the Empire State Building and the GE Building. Located in Lower Manhattan, the contemporary One World Trade Center offers aerial views of the Big Apple. Cruises on the East River and Hudson River provide other fun ways to admire New York's skyline. If you'd like to reach the Statue of Liberty, board a ferry in the historic Battery Park. By dinnertime, you may enjoy authentic sushi in Little Tokyo or try hot dogs from street vendors in Times Square.
Hints and tips
Located near the junction of I-678 and the Belt Parkway, John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) is a short drive away from Brooklyn and Queens. When winter temperatures drop below 30 degrees, you can head to indoor events such as the New York International Auto Show. Summer temperatures reach the 90s, making conditions great for New York's cultural festivals including the Dominican Day Parade.
- 7 direct flights are operating from Rome to New York today.
- Today's average time for a direct flight is 9h 50m.
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines flight 2791 (10:35 AM GMT, Airbus Industrie A330) is today's earliest available flight from Rome to New York.
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines flight 2793 (2:45 PM GMT, Airbus Industrie A330) is today's latest available flight from Rome to New York.
- Today's shortest direct flight from Rome to New York (KLM Royal Dutch Airlines flight 2791, Airbus Industrie A330) takes 9h 50m.
- Today's longest direct flight from Rome to New York (KLM Royal Dutch Airlines flight 2791, Airbus Industrie A330) takes 9h 50m.
- Flights from Fiumicino - Leonardo da Vinci Intl. Airport (FCO), Ciampino Airport (CIA) to John F. Kennedy Intl. Airport (JFK), LaGuardia Airport (LGA), Liberty Intl. Airport (EWR) are available for this route.
Fare, taxes & fees: Fares include all taxes and fees, except baggage fees. Rates shown reflect fares found by other Orbitz users over the past 48 hours. Due to rapidly changing airline prices & seat availability, these fares may no longer be available.
Refunds/changes/cancellations: Itinerary changes, if permitted for the fare, will have a $30 service fee charged by Orbitz. Additional airline charges may apply.
Other conditions: Schedules, fares and rules are subject to change without notice. Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights/dates or in all markets. Lower fares may be available. Fares will not be honored retroactively or in exchange for any wholly/partially unused ticket. Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. Fare rules are provided for the selected itinerary before booking.