Located in West End, Kimpton Onyx Hotel is adjacent to TD Garden and within a 10-minute walk of other popular attractions like Faneuil Hall Marketplace. This 112-room, 4-star hotel has a restaurant, a fitness center, and a 24-hour business center. It's in central Boston and also a short walk from Copp's Hill Burying Ground and Boston City Hall.
Enjoy a leisurely bite to eat at the onsite restaurant, or have a drink at the bar/lounge. Savor a meal from the comfort of your room with 24-hour room service, or make new friends at the free daily manager's reception. For your convenience, a buffet breakfast is served for a fee each morning from 8 AM to 10 AM.
Kimpton Onyx Hotel's 112 air-conditioned rooms provide minibars, free newspapers, and safes. TVs come with cable channels and pay movies, and guests can stay connected with WiFi and wired Internet. Beds are dressed in premium bedding and bathrooms offer hair dryers and designer toiletries. Other standard amenities include phones, ironing boards, and desks.
Kimpton Onyx Hotel features a fitness center, WiFi in public areas, and a meeting room. Valet parking is available for USD 47 per day. The front desk has multilingual staff on hand 24/7 to help with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and luggage storage. Other amenities at this boutique hotel include a 24-hour business center, coffee/tea in a common area, and express check-out.
- Walking distance to TD Garden and Faneuil Hall Marketplace
- Onsite dining
- Fitness center
- 24-hour business center
Kimpton Onyx Hotel
This stylish hotel is set on a quiet street a block from TD Garden and less than a mile from Faneuil Hall and Boston Common. A subway station is a block away.
Kimpton Onyx Hotel specialties include Office in a Bag, which contains a complimentary selection of office supplies, and Strike a Pose, with an in-room yoga channel and a complimentary yoga mat and block.
The intimate Ruby Room provides breakfast, dinner, cocktails, and 24-hour room service. A complimentary wine hour is featured in the evenings.
Kimpton Onyx Hotel's fitness and business centers are both open 24 hours. The property offers complimentary wired and wireless Internet access to Kimpton Karma members.
Pets are welcome at no extra charge. Dog-walking services are available for a fee.
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 11
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Concierge services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Tours/ticket assistance
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Laundry facilities
- One meeting room
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 112
- Luggage storage
- Conference space size (meters) - 46
- Smoke-free property
- Wedding services
- Free reception
- Year Built 2004
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 500
- Spa services on site
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 12.99 per night ), Wired internet access ( USD 12.99 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 12.99 per night ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.99 per night )
Valet parking (surcharge)
Kimpton Onyx Hotel offers 112 air-conditioned accommodations with minibars and safes. Beds feature premium bedding. Televisions come with premium cable channels and pay movies. Bathrooms include shower/tub combinations, bathrobes, designer toiletries, and complimentary toiletries.
This Boston hotel provides wired and wireless high-speed Internet access for a surcharge. Business-friendly amenities include desks, complimentary newspapers, and phones. Additionally, rooms include hair dryers and irons/ironing boards. Refrigerators, in-room massages, and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested. Housekeeping is provided daily.
- Premium TV channels
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- Cable TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Shower/tub combination
- Room service (24 hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
A complimentary wine hour is provided nightly from 5 PM-6 PM (hours subject to change).
Ruby Room - Intimate restaurant and lounge adjacent to reception area. Stainless-steel chandelier with twinkling red lights, red-leather banquettes, and orange upholstered chairs. Sandwiches, pizzas, appetizers, and desserts. Specialty cocktails. Open for breakfast and dinner; bar open until late evening.
Room service - Available 24 hours.
Start your morning with a buffet breakfast, available each day from 8 AM to 10 AM for a surcharge. Every day, the hotel hosts a free manager's reception for you to enjoy. You can order up room service around the clock.
Nearby Things to Do
Kimpton Onyx Hotel's 24-hour fitness center provides cardio equipment.
Visitors and locals sail, kayak, and row in the Charles River a half-mile from the hotel, and joggers run through parks along the river's banks.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets stay free
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Pets allowed (no fees)
Group bookings of 10 or more rooms cannot be accommodated via this website.
- Resort fee: USD 17.17 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness center access
- Internet access
- Additional inclusions
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 16 for adults and USD 6.95 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.99 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 12.99 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.99 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: USD 12.99 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 47 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per night
- Hotel Onyx
- Onyx Boston
- Onyx Hotel
- Onyx Hotel Boston
- Onyx Hotel Kimpton
- Kimpton Onyx Hotel Boston
- Kimpton Onyx Boston
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.