Located in Castello, Hotel Metropole is within a 5-minute walk of Bridge of Sighs and within 15 minutes of other popular attractions like St. Mark's Basilica. This 67-room, 5-star hotel has a restaurant and a bar/lounge, along with free in-room WiFi. Rialto Bridge and Doge's Palace are a short walk from the hotel, which is in the historical district.
Sit down for a leisurely bite to eat at the onsite fine-dining restaurant, or enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. Savor a meal from the comfort of your room with room service. Start your day off with buffet breakfast, available for a fee.
All 67 recently renovated rooms feature minibars, safes, and phones. Guests can expect free WiFi and satellite TV. Bathrooms offer hair dryers, designer toiletries, bathrobes, and slippers. In-room massages are available, and rooms also include desks.
Guests of Hotel Metropole enjoy access to free WiFi in public areas, a meeting room, and coffee in a common area. For transportation, you can make use of an airport shuttle, as well as an area shuttle for a fee. The front desk has multilingual staff on hand 24/7 to help with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and luggage storage. Other amenities at this luxury hotel include a computer station, laundry facilities, and a garden.
- Walking distance to Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark's Basilica
- Free WiFi in rooms and public areas
- Onsite dining
- Concierge services
The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. This luxury hotel also offers tour/ticket assistance, multilingual staff, and a garden. Concierge services and wedding services can be provided.
Hotel Metropole has designated areas for smoking.
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 67
- Number of floors - 4
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Computer station
- Luggage storage
- Concierge services
- One meeting room
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Designated smoking areas
- Airport transportation
- Laundry facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Year Built 1800
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Hotel Metropole offers 67 air-conditioned accommodations with minibars and safes. Each accommodation is individually furnished and decorated. Satellite television is provided. Bathrooms include showers, bathrobes, slippers, and designer toiletries.
Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and phones. In-room massages and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered daily.
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Shower only
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room safe
- Satellite TV service
- Free WiFi
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge.
Met Restaurant - This fine-dining restaurant serves lunch only. Reservations are required. Open select days.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child 3 years old or younger stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 100 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 30 per accommodation, per night
- 1 per room (up to 5/6 kg)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available.
Debit cards not accepted
- A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property. This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply to patients and their companions, and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties, subject to the submission of proper documents to the property. A 30 percent reduction applies from 1-31 January.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 5 per person, per night for adults; EUR 2.50 per night for guests aged 10-16 years old.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 35.00 per person (approximately)
- Pet fee: EUR 30 per accommodation, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 100 per stay
- Hotel Metropole
- Hotel Metropole Venice
- Metropole Hotel
- Metropole Venice
We should mention
All guests, including children, must be present at check-in and show their government-issued photo ID card or passport. Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. One child 3 years old or younger stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.