Econo Lodge Pearl2.0 out of 5.0
Recent guest reviews
All I can say is do not stay here please! The room in the hotel was flooded. The refrigerator had a large pool of water inside of it. I told the clerk and had to move all my stuff to another room. Both rooms stank like cigarettes even though I had booked a non-smoking room. In fact in the bathroom when I turn the switch on and the fan ran it the room smelled exactly like someone was smoking in the room. It was a cold night and I turned the airbConditioner to heat and the smoke alarm went off within 3 minutes. I could not even run heat to keep warm. Then when I went To sit on the toilet seat and it was broke and was not connected to the toilet. I was too exhausted to complain again and try to solve the problem. I cannot Believe This place is open. Some of the lights in the room did not even turn on. My nose was congested from the bad smells. I do not recommend this place for anyone. It should be renovated or shut down. I cannot believe Choice associates themselves with this hotel. The towels had mismatched hand towels. The lamps between the beds had some part of it ask you and one lamp would not even work. A dresser had some kind of metal attachment built on to it which I didn't even understand what that was. 1 beds and linens was so old and worn that the edging was coming off it was very pilled and the bedspread had cigarette hole holes in it. See pictures.
I arrived late on Thursday evening and got assigned to room 206. 1) security latch on the door was (4 screws) loose, all 4 screws were pulled away from the lock. I thought I'll report it in the morning. Friday morning at 7 45 am I walked into the lobby and found the desk clerk sitting in the lobby, watching the morning news, texting on his phone. One would expect the clerk to go behind the desk to assist the customer. Not this clerk, he just looked up and I informed him of the lock situation in room 206. His comment to me was :he would look into it" When I checked out Monday the lock still had not been rectified". 2). I requested an iron to press my dress shirt, the iron was so dirty I had to run the self clean function. The brown stains that were left on the towel I used to wipe it off possibly required the towel to be tossed away. 3). Bathtub did not drain and you ended up standing in the water. 4). AC unit was filthy and required me to run the filter under the faucet in the bathtub. I see from other guests my room wasn't the only one with this issue. 5). I went shopping on Sunday evening and purchased new white sport socks. I walked across the floor 3 or 4 times and the soles of the socks were brown from the dirt my socks picked up. I had to smile because I followed a rug cleaning service van to the airport and the sign stated they had offices in Pearl MS. Good points the room rates were low, bed was comfortable and the AC worked. I am returning for another event in early August, unfortunately Econo Lodge is not getting my business.
I booked this room using my points for a baseball tournament weekend. I thought it would be ok for one night. The lady at the front desk was not welcoming or friendly at all. Our room was under the stairwell in a very dark spot and there was a guy that was hanging out with the man working there sitting on the steps drinking beer and looking creepy. I opened the door to the room and was overwhelmed with the nastiness. I walked back out and called Choice Hotels to get the heck out of there. I had to stay that night because we ended up paying cash for the first night that was very last minute plan. I slept on blankets that I had in my truck. I do not recommend this place for anyone.
The first room I was given hadn't even been cleaned yet, so I went to get another room, sat on the bed watching tv before I finally walked into the bathroom..... I can't repeat here what I said, but I was so exhausted, I just inspected the bed for bugs and went to sleep.... this place should be shut down!
Walked in the room and there was a strong odor of mold . There was a strange odor coming from the AC/Fan turned it off and the smell went away the AC vent needed to be cleaned it was so nasty probably where the smell was coming from. The pipe on the bottom of the sink leaked and the carpet was soaked . Didn't ask for another room or complain it was storming really bad and just wanted to go to sleep. Save yourself stay someone where else or don't stay in room 111.
Stayed overnight after a long day at the Baptist Convention. We were planning to go on home since it was only 2 hours away, but decide to wait till morning since everyone was tired. For the double bed, they were more like twin beds, but we were able to get a row away bed for the third person in our group. Room was small (I'm a heavy set person, so I require a little more room), but nothing uncomfortable. Wifi was strong after I was able to connect
I stayed here three nights. The room was decent and clean. Excellent water pressure for shower. Parking can be an issue. Plan on eating breakfast some where else. But if all you need is a reasonably priced place to sleep this is it. It can be a little noisy until about 9:00 pm. Lot of construction type workers seem to stay here.
The worst,I made reservations and she sold one of my rooms. The lady at the front desk had us waiting for 2hrs just so she could call her mom to find out what to do and she was in her 40s and no refund for the room she gave me with a broken lock. Never again.
They only had what they considered a suite left. It had a bed and a couch. The room smelled bad and was not clean. Hair in the bathtub. Dead bug on the bathroom floor. Top of toilet cover completely missing. No hair dryer. Have to go to the front desk for an iron. Cups on counter not wrapped in plastic. This was the only room we could find or we would not have stayed. I will sleep in my car before I stay here again!
Key didn't work in the door to the room, therefore, the door was left open for us for our arrival in the dark...Great...that's a first! I guess the housekeeper knew about the broken lock and knew not to close it. We really didn't want to stay, but it was late, so my husband went in first, in case someone was already using the room. The box springs were dirty. Really unfriendly guy named Dee at the front desk. He seemed to be annoyed that he was working. I've never seen any hotel regardless of Star rating, in this crappy shape with such rude staff. The girl was friendly at check out though. We couldn't wait to leave. I really screwed up booking this dump. We shouldn't have stayed.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
0% of guests recommend this hotelTotal of 20 reviews