Lodging near Banff National Park
Banff National Park Cabins
When you’re visiting Banff National Park, where you stay should be as awe-inspiring as the nature around you. So why not choose a cabin?
Hotels near Banff National Park
Make the nearby town of Banff your jumping-off point for adventure. You’ll find loads of hotel options here, including the Moose Hotel And Suitesand the Mount Royal Hotel.
Lake Louise is also a great base for exploring the park. Spend your days discovering the spectacular wilderness and your nights curled up in comfort at the Deer Lodgeor the Lake Louise Inn.
Motels near Banff National Park
Road-tripping through Banff National Park? Make a pit stop at a comfortable motel. Get some shut-eye at one of these excellent options:
Banff National Park Tours & Things to Do
With nature adventures in plentiful supply, the best way to discover Banff National Park is with a tour. Here are a few experiences that’ll get you even more hooked on the outdoors:
Some of the best sights in and around Banff National Park include Lake Louise, Moraine Lake, the Columbia Icefield and Lake Minnewanka. Put them on your to-do list if you’re looking for attractions that inspire wow and wonder.
Banff National Park facts
- Black bears are among the diverse native animals you might spot here.
- This stunning natural landscape became a national park in 1885.
- Covering 2,564 square miles, the park has plenty of dazzling nature waiting for you to explore.
- Entrance fees apply to Banff National Park. For more information check out the official website.
- Banff National Park is open year-round. The peak season runs between July and August.
Where is Banff National Park located?
Banff National Park is located in the Rocky Mountains of Alberta, Canada. You’ll find it about 65 miles northwest of the bustling city of Calgary. Edmonton, another major city, is around 185 miles away to the north.
How to get to Banff National Park
- The closest airport is Calgary International Airport. After touching down, many travelers explore this famous protected area from the comfort of a rental car.
- Hiking and biking are some of the best ways to explore this vast natural marvel.