Popular property highlights
Hotel San Cassiano Ca'Favretto
Hotel San Cassiano Ca'Favretto is the only Grand Canal palazzo previously owned by a Venetian artist. Home to Giacomo Favretto, one of the city's favorite painters during the second half of the 19th-century, lively pictures of Venice and its subjects are dotted all around the hotel, giving it an artsy, bohemian atmosphere. Arriving by water taxi to the canal-level front door, this red-painted 14th-century palace on the Grand Canal is a handsome sight. The pedestrian entrance, reached via quiet residential alleyways, features a small open courtyard with stone columns and a well planted with a tree. The reception is a dramatic, high-ceiling, covered courtyard with original beams, huge chandeliers, a large Venetian flag and artworks.
Hotel San Cassiano Ca'Favretto has a terrace and breakfast room providing romantic waterfront views. A buffet breakfast (surcharge) is served each morning. The hotel also has a typical Venetian bar a collection of precious Murano-glass figures. There is also a small salon with green-baize covered card tables. Alternatively, guests can enjoy a drink on the cosy outdoor terrace overlooking the Grand Canal.
Multilingual staff at the 24-hour front desk can exchange currency, offer tourist information, and help book tours and tickets. Free WiFi is available for guests.
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 35
- Number of floors - 3
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Concierge services
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in
- Rooftop terrace
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1975
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Hotel San Cassiano Ca'Favretto offers 35 air-conditioned accommodations with minibars and safes. LED televisions come with satellite channels.
Bathrooms include shower/tub combinations, bidets, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers. Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access. Housekeeping is provided daily.
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Daily housekeeping
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Satellite TV service
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free WiFi
- Private bathroom
- Shower/tub combination
- Room service (limited hours)
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- LED TV
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
The hotel serves a daily buffet breakfast (surcharge) in the traditionally-decorated breakfast room with a small balcony (available for 2 tables) overlooking the Grand Canal.
The hotel does not have its own restaurant, but there are several dining options within the surrounding area.
Nearby Things to Do
Lido, two kilometres away (15 minutes by waterbus from San Marco) is the recreation and beach area of Venice and offers sporting and leisure opportunities. From the water bus stop, the beach is a five-minute bus journey or 15-minute walk.
The recreational activities listed below are available near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- In-room accessibility
Check-out time is 11 AM
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available.
Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
Pets allowed (no fees)
This hotel will place an advance authorization for any bookings where payment for the stay will be made on site instead of at the time of booking. For more details, please contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property. This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply to patients and their companions, and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties, subject to the submission of proper documents to the property. A 30 percent reduction applies from 1-31 January.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 4.50 per person, per night for adults; EUR 2.25 per night for guests aged 10-16 years old.
- Ca'Favretto Hotel San Cassiano
- Ca'Favretto San Cassiano
- Cassiano Hotel
- Hotel Cassiano
- Hotel San Cassiano
- Hotel San Cassiano Ca'Favretto
- Hotel San Cassiano Ca'Favretto Venice
- San Cassiano Ca'Favretto
- San Cassiano Ca'Favretto Venice
- Hotel San Cassiano Venice
- San Cassiano Ca Favretto Hotel
- San Cassiano Residenza d`Epoca Ca` Favretto Hotel Venice