Located in Downtown Halifax within a short walk of Public Gardens Park, The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites is within a mile (2 km) of other popular sights such as Halifax Citadel. This 3.5-star hotel has 262 guestrooms and offers conveniences like a restaurant, free in-room WiFi, and a fitness center. It's in central Halifax and also a short walk from Halifax Public Gardens and Cathedral Church of All Saints.
Sit down for a leisurely bite to eat at the onsite restaurant, or enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. Satisfy your hunger from the comfort of your room with room service. For your convenience, a buffet breakfast is available for a fee.
The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites's 262 air-conditioned rooms provide refrigerators, coffee makers, and free newspapers. Guests can expect free WiFi and cable TV. Bathrooms offer hair dryers and free toiletries, and beds are dressed in premium bedding. Other standard amenities include free local calls, laptop-compatible safes, and ironing boards.
Guests of The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites enjoy a fitness center, free WiFi in public areas, and conference space. Parking is available for CAD 28.00 per day (CAD 40.00 per day for valet parking), and there's also limo/town car service. Multilingual staff at the 24-hour front desk can assist with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and luggage storage. Additional amenities include a business center, express check-out, and free newspapers.
- Walking distance to Public Gardens Park
- Free WiFi in rooms and public areas
- Onsite dining
- Fitness center
The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites
Across the street from the Halifax Public Gardens, this renovated historic landmark hotel is within one km (a half-mile) of the World Trade and Convention Centre, the Halifax waterfront, and major museums and attractions.
Amenities at The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites include a fitness center, business center and a conference room. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in most public areas and high-speed Internet access in the business center is also complimentary. Concierge services are also on offer. Enjoy the garden onsite as well.
Valet and self-parking are available in an underground parking garage (surcharges). Smoke-free property.
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Express check-out
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 262
- Number of floors - 9
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Free WiFi
- Luggage storage
- One meeting room
- Laundry facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
Family Friendly Amenities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites offers 262 air-conditioned accommodations with laptop-compatible safes and complimentary newspapers. Beds feature premium bedding. Televisions come with cable channels and pay movies. Refrigerators and coffee/tea makers are provided. Bathrooms include shower/tub combinations, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers.
Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks along with free local calls (restrictions may apply). Housekeeping is provided daily.
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Room service (limited hours)
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free newspaper
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Cable TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Daily housekeeping
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
Where to Eat
The Arms - Located off the lobby. Casual dining, seasonal terrace. Overlooking the gardens. Traditional English-pub and international fare. Full bar. Lunch and dinner are served. A buffet breakfast is available (surcharge).
Room service - Available from early morning until late evening.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3:00 PM
Minimum check-in age is 19
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for CAD 40.00 per day.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for CAD 20.00 per day.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of CAD 40.00 per pet, per stay, plus a deposit of CAD 40.00 per stay
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Deposit: CAD 100.00 per stay
- Fee for buffet breakfast: CAD 16.95 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: CAD 28.00 per day
- Valet parking fee: CAD 40.00 per day
- Pet deposit: CAD 40.00 per stay
- Pet fee: CAD 40.00 per pet, per stay
- Early check-in fee: CAD 30.00
- Late check-out fee: CAD 15$ per hour
- In-room microwave fee: CAD 35 per day
- Crib (infant bed) fee: CAD 20.00 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 40.00 per day
- Hotel Lord Nelson
- Lord Nelson Halifax
- Lord Nelson Hotel
- Lord Nelson Hotel Halifax
- The Lord Nelson Hotel And Suites
- The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites Halifax, Nova Scotia
- The Lord Nelson Hotel Halifax