Located in Old Quebec, Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac is within a 5-minute walk of Place Royale and within 15 minutes of other popular attractions like Parliament Building. This 611-room, 4.5-star hotel has conveniences like a full-service spa, an indoor pool, and a fitness center. Located in central Quebec, the hotel is also near Citadelle of Quebec and Battlefields Park.
Enjoy dining at The Champlain Restaurant, one of 3 onsite restaurants. Satisfy your hunger without leaving your room with room service, or quench your thirst with a beverage at the bar/lounge or coffee shop/café. Buffet breakfast is offered for a fee each morning from 7 AM to 10:30 AM.
All 611 air-conditioned rooms provide minibars, coffee makers, and safes. LCD TVs come with pay movies, and guests can stay connected with WiFi and wired Internet. Bathrooms offer hair dryers and free toiletries, and beds sport premium bedding. Phones, ironing boards, and desks are also available.
Guests of Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac enjoy a full-service spa, an indoor pool, and a children's pool. Valet parking is available for CAD 36.00 per day, and there's also a ski shuttle for a fee. Multilingual staff at the front desk are standing by 24/7 to help with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and luggage storage. Other amenities at this ski hotel include a fitness center, a spa tub, and a sauna.
- Walking distance to Place Royale and Parliament Building
- Onsite dining
- Indoor pool
Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac
The Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, a heritage urban resort, is among the signature architectural structures in Québec City.
A city within a city, this stylish Fairmont Le Château Frontenac offers its guests a wide variety of business and recreational amenities, such as wireless Internet access (surcharge) in public spaces, and a 48-foot (14.6-meter) indoor pool in an atrium complex that also features a spa tub and children's wading pool.
Other highlights include a business center, sauna, hair salon, 3 restaurants, a bar, and concierge services. The fitness center has an elliptical-type trainer, 2 exercise bikes, 2 treadmills, free weights, exercise balls, and strength-training equipment.
The Spa du Château spa offers massages; facial and body treatments, including wraps; and manicures and pedicures. The attentive staff employs high service standards. The hotel also allows pets (surcharge).
- Indoor pool
- Children's pool
- Spa tub
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Conference space
- Business center
- Meeting rooms 23
- Express check-out
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 611
- Number of floors - 18
- Hair salon
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Ski storage
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Concierge services
- Express check-in
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- Ski shuttle (surcharge)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Luggage storage
- Year Built 1893
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( CAD 16 per night ), Wired internet access ( CAD 16 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( CAD 15 per night )
Valet parking (surcharge)
Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac offers 611 air-conditioned accommodations with minibars and safes. Beds feature premium bedding. LCD televisions come with pay movies. Bathrooms include bathrobes, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers.
In-room wired and wireless high-speed Internet access is available for a surcharge. Business-friendly amenities include desks and phones. Additionally, rooms include coffee/tea makers and irons/ironing boards. Housekeeping is offered daily and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested.
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Champlain Restaurant - Located in the heart of Old Québec, enjoy a new take on Québec cuisine by Chef Stéphane Modat in this establishment open Tuesday to Saturday for breakfast each morning; à la carte not available. Dinner served daily. A kid's menu is available.
Bistro Le Sam - Be excited in an experience in constant evolution though the creative lunch dishes and trendy happy hour. Innovative mixology galore and evening entertainment for dinner.
1608 - Savor and taste a variety of an excellent selection of Quebec cheeses and wines from around the world.
Starbucks - Light meals, including pastries, sandwiches, soups, and salads, are offered from early morning to sunset in this casual café on the promenade level of the hotel.
Start your morning with a buffet breakfast, available each day from 7 AM to 10:30 AM for a surcharge. You can order up room service during limited hours.
Nearby Things to Do
This Quebec hotel offers its guests extensive recreational opportunities, including a 48-foot indoor pool in an atrium complex that also features a spa tub and a children's wading pool. The fitness center has an elliptical-type trainer, two exercise bikes, two treadmills, free weights, exercise balls, and strength-training equipment.
Guests can enjoy the on-site toboggan run. An outdoor ice rink, open in winter, is within walking distance. It is also possible to cross-country ski on the Plains of Abraham, an expansive park located less than a mile from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Downhill skiing nearby
- Cross-country skiing nearby
- Snowboarding nearby
- Snowmobiling nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
Relax and unwind at the hotel's Spa du Château.
- Prenatal massage
- Steam room in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 6
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Spa tub in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at 3:30 AM
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for CAD 30.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of CAD 50 per accommodation, per night
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: CAD 32.95 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 16 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): CAD 16 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: CAD 15 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 36.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 50 per accommodation, per night
- Refrigerator fee: CAD 35.00 per day
- In-room microwave fee: CAD 35.00 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 30.00 per night
- Chateau Fairmont
- Chateau Frontenac
- Chateau Frontenac Fairmont
- Fairmont Chateau Frontenac
- Fairmont Chateau Frontenac Hotel
- Fairmont Chateau Frontenac Hotel Quebec
- Fairmont Chateau Frontenac Quebec
- Fairmont Frontenac
- Frontenac Chateau
- Frontenac Fairmont
- Fairmont Hotel Quebec City
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Hotel Quebec City
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Quebec/Quebec City
- Fairmont Quebec City
- Quebec City Fairmont
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Set meals are served in guestrooms only (no menus or public dining).
Awards & Affiliations
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Hot List and the 2014 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of the World.