Graduate Berkeley places you next to Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive and within a 10-minute stroll of other popular attractions like University of California - Berkeley. This 144-room, 3.5-star hotel has a restaurant and a bar/lounge, along with free in-room WiFi. Greek Theater and University of California Botanical Garden at Berkeley are also nearby.
Sit down for a leisurely bite to eat at the onsite restaurant, or enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. Start each morning off right with cooked-to-order breakfast served for a fee.
All of Graduate Berkeley's 144 air-conditioned rooms provide iPod docks, refrigerators, and coffee makers. Guests can expect flat-screen TVs with cable channels, along with free WiFi and wired Internet. Bathrooms offer hair dryers and designer toiletries, and pillowtop beds with Egyptian cotton sheets ensure a restful night. Other amenities include free newspapers, ceiling fans, and laptop-compatible safes.
Guests of Graduate Berkeley enjoy access to free WiFi in public areas, 3 meeting rooms, and conference space. If you drive, self parking is USD 30.00 per night, or you can take advantage of the airport shuttle (available 24 hours). Multilingual staff at the 24-hour front desk can assist with dry cleaning/laundry, luggage storage, and securing valuables. Additional amenities include a business center, coffee/tea in a common area, and a computer station.
- Walking distance to Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive and University of California - Berkeley
- Free WiFi in rooms and public areas
- Onsite dining
- Business center
Renovations & Closures
- Dining venue
- Dining venue
Occupying a landmark Spanish-Mediterranean building, this recently renovated boutique hotel is within a short walk of the University of California-Berkeley, Telegraph Avenue shops and cafés, and a BART station. Berkeley's famous "Gourmet Ghetto" is about a mile (1.6 kilometers) away.
Henry's, the hotel's sports-themed gastropub, offers a wide selection of microbrews, California wines, and creative cocktails, along with fresh seasonal fare. On game days, the parking lot is cleared of cars and transformed into a beer garden. Other highlights include a 24-hour business center and a computer station. A 24-hour, roundtrip airport shuttle (surcharge) is available on request.
Graduate Berkeley (Formerly Hotel Durant) was completely renovated in January 2015 and is smoke-free.
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms 3
- Conference space
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 144
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Number of floors - 6
- Business center
- Wedding services
- Computer station
- Luggage storage
- Number of meeting rooms - 3
- Year Built 1928
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Television in common areas
- Free WiFi
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge)
Graduate Berkeley offers 144 air-conditioned accommodations with iPod docking stations and laptop-compatible safes. Pillowtop beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets and premium bedding. Flat-screen televisions come with premium cable channels. Refrigerators and coffee/tea makers are provided. Bathrooms include bathtubs or showers, bathrobes, designer toiletries, and hair dryers.
This Berkeley hotel provides complimentary wired and wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks, complimentary newspapers, and phones. Additionally, rooms include irons/ironing boards and ceiling fans. Housekeeping is offered daily and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested.
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Bathtub or shower
- Flat-panel TV
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Cable TV service
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- iPod docking station
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Pillowtop mattress
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Henry's Restaurant & Bar - This popular gastropub serves fresh, seasonal fare for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Chalkboard happy hour specials are featured and sporting events are broadcast on 9 big-screen TVs.
Nearby Things to Do
Graduate Berkeley (Formerly Hotel Durant) is located just 2 blocks from the UC Recreational Sports Facility. Day passes can be purchased.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 3 children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 20 per pet, per night
- 2 per room (up to 99.21 lb)
- Specific rooms only
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10 and USD 15 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 30.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 20 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per night
- Durant Berkeley
- Durant Hotel
- Graduate Berkeley Hotel
- Hotel Durant Berkeley
- Durant Hotel Berkeley
- Graduate Berkeley (Formerly Hotel Durant)
We should mention
Up to 3 children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.