ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
I unfortunately payed for the room prior to seeing it. I came to a room that smelled terribly from smoking even though I had ordered a non smoking room . The beds were dirty, the air conditioner was almost falling down, the bathroom was more fitted for animals than people. I walked out of there as fast as I could in order to not catch anything. I have been all around the world , and stayed in some terrible rooms, but this is the absolute worst I have seen. I don't understand how they are aloud to keep it ope. I rented another room somewhere else and gladly payed double in order to get away . STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS HOLE IN THE WALL !!
Do NOT stay in this hotel. All hotels in the area were full and it was 2 am so I called to make a reservation. The man I talked to assured me that it was a 2 1/2 star "at least" and that it had 95 out of a hundred positive feed back. When we drove in, there was not a single light on anywhere at this dump. Not a parking lot light, no exterior lighting of any kind, not even a light at the office. There were groups of people standing around open rooms that looked like obvious drug deals, trash everywhere, air conditioner grills falling off, broken doors, and windows with no curtains. Don't be fooled by the nice replies from "management" that things have been fixed, staff better trained, etc. THIS HOLE WOULDN'T PASS AS A TWO STAR IN A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY!!!!!
Photos are incredibly deceptive. The motel looks like it might once have been a really nice motel but has fallen into disrepair. Half of the hotel is deemed "unfit for human habitation" (no, really) that should probably have been the moment to leave but decided to give it a chance. Saw room and hit by smell of damp and mould. Lights in room did not function, they just made a weird buzzing noise. The area is dodgy and did not feel safe leaving belongings in car overnight, we were worried that the car might not be there in the morning. In the end we left and found somewhere else to stay. The motel have obviously had problems for a long time and there's no evidence that they've tried to fix any of them.
Ok we had booked two rooms, checked in and was told that they were in the process of cleaning up the rooms. So we decided to go to world's of fun. When we got back to the hotel they gave our rooms to someone else. Even though we had paid for ours. They clearly need to learn how to make sure they aren't double booking rooms. So we ended up with a king size bed with five people to share the same room. The girls had to sleep on the nasty floor. There was no extra pillows, only two towels and the porn channel on the tv wasn't secured for young eyes. We ended sleeping on top of the blankets. In a very uncomfortable part of town. And worst of all its not what they make it out to be. Come on selling condoms and lube in thr vending machine? So not a family hotel.
This was the worst hotel we have EVER stayed in!!! The room was disgusting! A hole in the wall (literally!), holes in the furniture and bedding. The room smelled. Cigarette stains on the furniture. Refused to take our shoes off! And slept in our clothes. I worried about my safety and also that my car might have gotten broke into or stolen! It was dingy, dirty, an awful!
I can not believe the pictures viewed here. The room my daughter and I rented was so filthy that my daughter slept in the car. I only stayed in the room (and slept in my clothes} because I am 79 and there was not room for two of us to sleep in the car. We did not look at the room first, My big mistake. There was no toilet set on the toilet. The room was so dirty it should be condemned. I would have ask for my money back, but knew he would have refused to. We had our dogs with us so we stayed because they accepted pets.We did not want to let our dogs down on the dirty floor.Dirty sheets,towels whole place should be closed down. Health department should be called on them.
One room is 60 bucks a night. Seems average price, but it is not worth the stay!! First thing we noticed was that it was in a bad neighborhood. Then, we watched as three cars worth of people walked into one room. Very shady... The swimming pool outside was closed. The area full of trash, did not look like they were going to be renovating or fixing it up any time soon... We got a non-smoking room and there were burn marks/holes in the bed, floor, and table. There was a used needle on the floor under the table! Blood and urine stains on the bed and sheets - they were not cleaned at all. Small hairs in the towels and the knob to the bathtub was broken off. There was mold growing from the wall near the heater. The smoke detector was ripped out of the wall and left behind the tv. We went and complained but could not get a refund so we got a smoking room. The room was slightly better, but still not very clean. There were bugs lined up against the wall behind the bed. One of the lamps were ripped out of the wall. The other had exposed wires. There were bugs in the bath tub and the floors of the room were all damp. Please, save yourself 60 bucks and keep yourself healthy, don't stop here. The pictures shown were obviously taken over a decade ago when this place opened. It's now used for shady drug deals and who knows what....
Hate this hotel. Filthy, no hair dryer, had hair all over my bed and bathroom! The guy in the front is extremely rude and doesn't know how to treat his customers! I would never recommend this hotel for anyone. There is no cleanliness in the room either.
We had reservations for 3 nights over race weekend. When we got here we could tell from the outside that the pictures are nothing like it is! We checked in and the person checking us in was behind a bulletproof glass, (1st clue) then we checked out our room. Bad smell, cobwebs in the corners, the chain lock on the door looked like it had been replaced and repositioned several times! (2nd clue). Expedia really needs to take this off their recommendation list. We did not stay here!!!! Found a different place. I don't even think I would have been able to close my eyes if I had stayed. So my suggestion is DO NOT STAY HERE NO MATTER HOW REASONABLE THE PRICING IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Regency Inn provided great comfort at an affordable price. To be honest I was not expecting the "bells and whistles" because we came across this hotel when everything was booked up last week. We decided to give them a try and they delivered on all aspects of our stay. The staff was friendly, manager seemed on top of things and the rate was affordable. I just wanted to say thanks for making my stay a good one.
Located within a 5-minute walk of Kansas City Children's Museum, Regency Inn Kansas City is within a few miles (5 km) of Granada Theater. This 60-room motel welcomes guests with conveniences like free in-room WiFi, free self parking, and laundry facilities.
All 60 air-conditioned rooms feature free local calls and desks. Guests can enjoy cable TV and stay connected with free WiFi. Bathrooms have hair dryers and free toiletries.
Guests staying at Regency Inn Kansas City enjoy free WiFi in public areas and laundry facilities. If you decide to drive, there's free parking. The 24-hour front desk has staff always at the ready.