Popular property highlights
Galveston Island Railroad Museum is within a 5-minute walk of The Tremont House, A Wyndham Grand Hotel while other popular sites like Ashton Villa are within a 15-minute stroll. This 4-star hotel has 119 rooms and welcomes guests with a restaurant, free in-room WiFi, and a fitness center. Texas Seaport Museum and Grand 1894 Opera House are also a short walk from this Galveston hotel.
Start your day off with breakfast, available for a fee. Order from room service to satisfy your hunger without leaving your room, or enjoy a bite to eat at the onsite restaurant.
The Tremont House, A Wyndham Grand Hotel's 119 air-conditioned rooms provide coffee makers, free weekday newspapers, and ceiling fans. Guests can expect free WiFi and TVs with cable channels and pay movies. Pillowtop beds sport premium bedding and bathrooms offer hair dryers and designer toiletries. Other amenities include video-game consoles, safes, and phones.
At The Tremont House, A Wyndham Grand Hotel, guests have access to a fitness center, free WiFi in public areas, and 11 meeting rooms. Valet parking is available for USD 17 per night. Multilingual staff at the front desk are standing by 24/7 to help with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and securing valuables. Other amenities at this historic hotel include conference space, a business center, and express check-out.
- Walking distance to Galveston Island Railroad Museum and Ashton Villa
- Free WiFi in rooms and public areas
- Onsite dining
- Fitness center
HighlightsInformation missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Tremont House, A Wyndham Grand Hotel
Located in the Strand Historic District, this nonsmoking Galveston hotel is across the street from the Strand Theater and only 2 blocks from the Galveston Cruise Ship Terminal. The 1894 Grand Opera House is 4 blocks away.
The rooftop bar of The Tremont House, A Wyndham Grand Hotel offers views of the harbor. A fitness center is on site and guests also have signing privileges at the hotel's partner property, including complimentary use of the pool. Guests can make use of complimentary wireless Internet on site.
- Concierge services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Conference space
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 119
- Express check-out
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 4
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Business center
- Wedding services
- Free WiFi
- Meeting rooms 11
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- Conference space size (meters) - 1466
- Conference space size (feet) - 15776
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Long-term parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
The Tremont House, A Wyndham Grand Hotel offers 119 air-conditioned accommodations with video-game consoles and safes. Pillowtop beds feature premium bedding. Televisions come with premium cable channels and pay movies. Bathrooms include bathrobes, designer toiletries, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers.
Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include complimentary weekday newspapers and phones. Additionally, rooms include coffee/tea makers and irons/ironing boards. Housekeeping is provided daily.
- Premium TV channels
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Room service (limited hours)
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Cable TV service
- Pillowtop mattress
- Free WiFi
- Room service
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
The Tremont Café - Open for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Features Starbucks coffee, pastries, pizza, gourmet sandwiches, salads, soups, desserts. 42-inch plasma TV and Internet booths with complimentary Wi-Fi and printing.
Room Service is available until 10 PM weekdays and 11 PM on weekends (hours subject to change).
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20 per night.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 100 per accommodation, per stay
- 2 per room (up to 25 lb)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 5 and USD 14 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 17 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 100 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per night
- Hotel Tremont
- Tremont House Hotel
- Tremont House Wyndham Grand
- Tremont House Wyndham Grand Galveston
- Tremont House Wyndham Grand Hotel
- Tremont House Wyndham Grand Hotel Galveston
- Wyndham Tremont
- Wyndham Tremont House
- Wyndham Tremont House Hotel
- The Tremont Hotel
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.