If you are traveling through Tennessee, Hartsville is a great, more off-the-beaten-path destination to visit on your trip. While the town is small, it is close to a number of historical sites and beautiful parks, which are perfect for enjoying the outdoors.
Where is Hartsville?
Hartsville is located in Trousdale County, which sits near the border between Tennessee and Kentucky. It is less than an hour away from Nashville, making it a satellite of the city, and nearly 3 hours from Chattanooga. It is in an area known as Middle Tennessee, which is land east of the Tennessee River's western crossing and west of the line between Eastern and Central time zones.
Where to Stay in Hartsville, TNHow many hotels are in Hartsville?
There are 26 hotels near Harstville, but none are located directly in town. Instead, most are in Gallatin, Carthage, and Lebanon. The top hotel is William Sypert Station, a cozy bed and breakfast with standard amenities like free WiFi, free breakfast, and free parking.
Things to Do in Hartsville
There are plenty of things to do in and around Hartsville. History lovers will especially enjoy the different sites and landmarks.
- Lebanon Premium Outlets – Only 30 minutes away, these outlets sell a variety of classic brands with great deals.
- Bledsoe Creek State Park – This former Native American hunting ground is a great place for hiking and enjoying the outdoors.
- Triple Creek Park – Another great location to get outdoors. It also includes an area for dogs to run around.
- Historic Cragfont – To learn more about Tennessee’s history, check out the former home of General James Winchester. He played an important role in the American Revolution and was a co-founder of Memphis. The home sits upon a beautiful rocky bluff and is full of antiques to give you a peek into early America.
- Cedar Grove Cemetery – Many historic leaders are buried here.
- Cordell Hull Birthplace and Museum – Named after one of the key founders of the United Nations, this park is dedicated to his story. From a recreation of the log cabin where he was born to a museum about his life and more, you can learn all about how Hull contributed to the US during his long term as Secretary of State under Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- Fiddlers Grove Historical Village - Visit this village to learn about the history of Wilson County.
- Battle of Hartsville Memorial Park - To experience one of the major battles during the Civil War, this is a 17-stop driving tour that will take you through the various buildings and locations used.
Hotels Near Nashville International Airport
Since Hartsville is so small, it does not have its own airport. Your best bet is to fly into Nashville International Airport, rent a car, and drive to your hotel. The airport has destinations all over the United States as well as many in Mexico, Canada, and Panama. If you need to stay overnight because of a late arrival or early departure, you can stay at one of the ten airport hotels nearby.