Gateway Inn and Suites2.0 out of 5.0
Recent guest reviews
I travel a lot. This is the first time I have checked in, then checked out to go somewhere else. I was willing to overlook the broken light switch that greeted me. The room was spacious and moderately clean. No wifi... Well OK. I'm tired. I can do without. Then I turned down the very old, thin sheets. Not only were they mildewed, there was crunchy bodily fluids on them. YUCK!!! The lady at the desk had already offered another room because of the internet, which didn't work anywhere, so the bedding was the last straw. Back to the desk again. I was promptly refunded after explaining in detail what I found. There are at least 2 other inexpensive options in this immediate area. Don't waste your time here.
Stayed at this hotel on a cross country road trip. We actually tried 2 other hotels before this one, but it was after midnight and they were full. We pulled into Gateway as a last resort, and really, it didn't look that bad from the outside. I will say that the girl who checked us in was helpful and nice. The room smelled. The toilet had a disgusting looking "rust" ring around the base. The shower was filthy! The sheets had holes in them and we saw several stains. My son wouldn't even get underneath them and slept on top of the bed (with the bedspread pulled back). Needless to say, we didn't really sleep at all. The "breakfast" was a container of some sort of raisin bran cereal. It looked like there might have been some coffee, but no sign of milk to put on the cereal. After the night we'd had and how disgusting the room was, we left and ate breakfast elsewhere. This motel was cheap for sure, but not worth the terrible stay we had. I guess you get what you pay for but this is not a great property.
Location is ideal right off of I-24 and local shopping. I was visiting a sick friend up the street at Gateway Medical Hospital. Centrally postured for easy off, easy on to I-24 in Clarksville ,TN. Close to Nashville around 20 mins away. So called breakfast was very poor. Cereal, coffee, milk nothing more. WIFI in lobby ONLY.
The only thing I can say good about the place is the customer service. The front desk ladies were very friendly and helpful. I don't normally write reviews, but this place should be avoided unless you just don't care where you sleep. I personally have slept better in the woods on the ground in the rain and mud. The room is non-smoking but reeked of cigarette smoke, and I'm a non-smoker. I dealt with it in hopes that the smell would subside, but it never did. Cigarette burns on linen and stains from cigarettes on the sink and counter. Found hair on the linen that was supposedly clean linen. The fridge, eh it worked but the microwave... Holy smokes!!! I haven't seen a microwave like this since I was a kid (I'm 39) and anything needing heated up had to go through several cycles on high. Television... well, you can pick one of these babies up at an antique store. Windows were dirty as can be as well as mold in the shower. The "free wi-fi" was ridiculous. We were told we needed an internet cord to use in our rooms, but we use Mac-Air laptop with no cord plug in and had to go to the lobby to use the wi-fi (luckily our room was the closest to the lobby and we were able to get a signal. Finally, the continental breakfast was nothing more than a joke. Coffee, Tang juice, milk, glazed looking cinnabuns, and raisin bran type cereal. I've done more than my share of traveling and any other hotel/motel/inn that I've stayed in would actually have some sort of breakfast with (at minimum) fruit and sometimes even a hot egg. The price paid for such a cruddy place may be cheap, but it should really be lower for the quality of the place.
I have worked in management of a hotel before, so I am bit understanding. However this place needs to be demolished! First room we were assigned (non-smoking) the fridge didn't work, had to be one of the first microwaves on the market, the sink was cracked around the drain-stained with black mold/bacteria. Shower/bath was disgusting, bedding had cigarette burns in it. Went to desk, she moved us to other room... Double beds ..we requested King, started getting nauseous due to the mold/mildew smell..only thing better was fridge worked. Requested a refund. Explained to front desk that it wasn't her issues, but to relay info to he owner... She stated they have been for quite awhile. The pool was a drained disgusting mess.
Staff was great but room was horrible!!! We arrived very late and just needed a place to sleep so we had no choice. The room was big but our bedding had holes in it. Very outdated and an old school TV. I understand you get what u pay for bc we didn't pay a lot but I would hope it would have been better taken care of the worst thing was our love seat had huge holes on it seriously that was just ridiculous
This hotel is cheap because it's awful. It was 2/3rds the price of surrounding hotels and it's still too high be $10. The carpet is stained, the toilet was covered in urine - dried and wet - the shower stall was dirty, there was hair in the tub, light bulbs were missing, etc. All this was in the SECOND room I was transferred to. The first one smelled of dog, pet urine, and carpet cleaner. I didn't make it 5 steps into that room. Why did I stay? I stayed because I was by myself and I only wanted to sleep. If I had wanted to brush my teeth, shower, sit on the sofa, hang out and relax in my room, eat the breakfast, use the sink, or anything else, I would not have stayed. If a cold freeze had not just come in, I would have slept in my car and been way less paranoid of mold, mildew, and incurable bacteria. This place is awful.
Clean quiet basic amenities although a microwave and refrigerator are furnished. Some non smoking rooms smell of smoke but they had no problem moving me to another room. Accommodating. Breakfast is basically nothing. I have stayed here many times and will again.
After viewing 3 different rooms I chose the lesser of the evils. After unpacking I took a closer look at my room. These are a few of the things I discovered: Vomit on the wall next to the bed and on the wall next to the toilet Glass shards in the carpet BB's in the carpet Blood or some type of red sauce on the bathroom door frame and on the wall over the tv cabinet Tape on the archway Slashed (as with a knife?) shower curtain Broken glass picture frame over the head of the bed The room stank of cigarette smoke even though it was on the opposite side of the smoking rooms This room was disgustingly dirty, dingy and horribly outdated. I would not recommend this hotel to ANYONE
My husband ,sister and I stopped here after a long trip. After seeing the rooms we went straight back to the Lobby and asked for our money back. It was filthy. Mold around the bathtub,a busted closet door,burn holes in the couch and bedspread were only a few of the problems with this room. My room smelled terrible AND MY SISTER'S ROOM WAS EVEN WORSE. We went across the street to La Quintas and it was beautiful and clean.
Gateway Inn and Suites places you 6.9 mi (11 km) from Austin Peay State University and 11.9 mi (19.2 km) from Fort Campbell. This 60-room hotel has free breakfast along with conveniences like free in-room WiFi and free self parking. War Memorial Park and Links at Novadell are also within a 20-minute drive.
Free continental breakfast is included with your stay and is served from 6 AM to 10 AM.
All of Gateway Inn and Suites's 60 rooms are air-conditioned and have an array of amenities, including microwaves, refrigerators, and coffee makers. Guests can expect free WiFi and TVs with cable channels. Phones and ironing boards are other standard amenities.
Gateway Inn and Suites features free WiFi in public areas, a 24-hour business center, and laundry facilities. You can take advantage of free parking if you drive. Front-desk staff are standing by 24/7 to assist with any requests.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
23% of guests recommend this hotelTotal of 27 reviews