Executive Inn & Suites Baker2.0 out of 5.0
Recent guest reviews
The rooms were horrible! They were old and outdated which I could have lived with considering the price; but they were dirty and stunk. A friend set half of his burger down on the table while he went to the restroom and when he came back out there were 3 roaches on his burger!! There were mold issues in the bathroom/tub areas and the hallways and stairways were dirty. Trust me, unless you are truly desperate...don't stay here.
Nice check-in, employees very friendly. Was suppose to be a smoke free hotel. You can smell smoke as soon as you enter the hotel. My asthma kicked in and needed my rescue i haler almost immediately. The stairways, hallway were filthy, gross, disgusting. The bathroom in the lobby area looked like it hadnt been cleaned in a year, or ever. Our rooms were dirty, mold on curtains, a/c....disgusting. Our room was so awful. Tried to get another room, of course they were booked. Coughed all night from smokey room. Was informed by the maids in the morning that our room had been occupied for 4 months by some constractors who smoked h and trashed the room. Run! The most dirty, disgusting hotel ever!
toilet dirty window broken air condition broken pillow stained with yellow stuff all the Lampshades were broken and old bed sheets were dirty price increase it's not a place to take someone you care about I wouldn't go back to get out the rain
this hotel was horrible. the door wouldn't lock the smell of the room was horrible I had to buy candles to make it smell better. once I did check in the man at the check in was very rude. the room had roaches in the microwave. and crawling up the wall. then once I called front desk they had the audacity to tell me to come and get some roach spray are u serious?? never will stay there again
I chose this motel because of its proximity to the zoo. We should have stayed a little further away. The A/C was not on in the room when we arrived (with a reservation), so it was smoldering. Then, it would not cool past 80°. I know the unit type, so I took a look at it. The filter hadn't been cleaned in months from the look of it. Once cleaned, it worked. The ice machine took over a minute to generate a few pieces of ice, which we needed because the fridge was barely cool. The next morning, I went check out the breakfast at about 7am (supposed to be available from 6 to 9). It was nothing special: pastries and mini muffins from a box, one choice of juice, cereal, milk, coffee, and bananas that were brown. When my husband went down at 8, all that was left was cereal. The towels were thin and scratchy, and the soap left a vegetable oil residue on your skin. The only plus that I possibly give is that the bed was comfortable.
This is okay for a place to sleep for one night, but I wouldn't want to stay longer. TV is nice with a good lineup of channels. I won't use the tub because it has a torn up rubber mat that could easily be replaced. The furniture, carpets, and drapes are old. The A/C works okay, but there is a musty smell in this nonsmoking room. Unfortunately, I feel like this is a place to be endured rather than enjoyed. I won't return, and I've learned to be more careful when booking a room.
Our group checked in and started checking out our rooms. Immediately, we started checking our beds for evidence of bedbugs. BINGO! One of rooms had them. So, they moved us to another room. Our group would have left and found a new hotel but, everything around was booked solid due to a huge event in the area. Another room had no working light in the restroom, so a floor lamp was brought in & sat on the bathroom countertop. Yet, another room had no air conditioning. My room had a hair dryer with an exposed electrical prong, open beverages in the refrigerator, a rotten cabinet leg that was held up by a folded up towel, and a magazine in the desk drawer with crusty food stuck to it. Because of the work that we were in Louisiana for, we did not leave and had nowhere else to go. However, I can guarantee, we will never use this hotel again. We've already booked next year's trip in another, CLEAN hotel!
I would never ever recommend this place to no one everything in it is old the website is very deceitful the room has a really loud, strong and strange order and the long chair is very dirty and the lighting is very out dated, Not sure how the building even passed inspection to operate. Health is a persons main concern they continental Breakfast was horrible!
I felt safe because the hotel has inside halls which seems like a good idea in this neighborhood. The room had a few problems, so we left a list of the things that needed to be fixed with the front desk who thanked us "because sometimes the management thinks we are making these things up" , toilet seat was not bolted, the shower rod was not secure, the soap shelf in the shower was broken off and the microwave cabinet wobbled when you touched it. Bed was comfy enough. I thought the continental breakfast was fine but my husband did not find enough variety. 2 kids of cereal, a few small muffins, apples, bananas - no yogurt
As we were driving to the hotel it did not seem to be in the best neighborhood. We walked in to the lobby and the furniture had huge rips on the leather couch and it looked dirty. I was afraid to see the room. Our microwave stand was laying up against the TV. We had a chair in the room they had black spots all over it. I immediately pulled the sheets back and the bed was very clean. It was just the two of us and we were just going to sleep. We sat on the bed and never sat in the chair. The next morning I took a shower the tub had a black ring around it, but we slept really good. The mattress was very comfortable.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
27% of guests recommend this hotelTotal of 18 reviews