Located in Amsterdam City Centre, Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam is within a 10-minute walk of popular sights such as The Old Church and Dam Square. This 177-room, 5-star hotel has conveniences like a full-service spa, an indoor pool, and free in-room WiFi. Centrally located in Amsterdam, the hotel is also a short walk from Royal Palace and New Church.
Enjoy dining at one of 2 onsite restaurants including Bridges Restaurant, which specializes in seafood. Order from 24-hour room service to satisfy your hunger without leaving your room. Buffet breakfast is offered for a fee each morning from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM.
The 177 air-conditioned accommodations afford space to spread out with separate bedrooms, dining areas, and sitting areas. Guests can expect to find free WiFi and wired Internet, plus flat-screen TVs with satellite channels and pay movies. Bathrooms offer rainfall showers, hair dryers, and designer toiletries. Private yards, minibars, and espresso makers are also standard.
Guests of Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam enjoy a full-service spa, an indoor pool, and a fitness center. Parking is available for EUR 50 per night (EUR 50 per night for valet parking), and there's also limo/town car service. The 24-hour front desk has multilingual staff ready to assist with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and luggage storage. Other amenities at this luxury hotel include a spa tub, a sauna, and free WiFi in public areas.
- Walking distance to The Old Church and Dam Square
- Free WiFi and wired Internet in rooms and public areas
- Onsite dining
Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam
Located between two canals in the heart of the city, Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam boasts a rich history. Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel blends sleek design with five-star facilities, including 52 luxury suites with butler service and an indulgent spa. With the Michelin-stared restaurant Bridges, Amsterdam’s first raw bar, a vinothèque, library, and a brown café, this is the perfect spot for the discerning traveler to have a luxury stay in Amsterdam.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Babysitting or childcare
- Number of floors - 5
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Business center
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Luggage storage
- Total number of rooms - 177
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms 19
- Multilingual staff
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Train station pickup (surcharge)
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Conference center
- Year Built 1578
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Conference space size (feet) - 15069
- Conference space size (meters) - 1400
- Number of meeting rooms - 17
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Steam room
- Indoor pool
- Wedding services
- Conference space
- Fireplace in lobby
- Turkish bath/Hammam
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Spa services on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Long-term parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 air-conditioned accommodations with minibars and espresso makers. Accommodations offer separate dining areas. Flat-screen televisions come with premium satellite channels and pay movies. Bathrooms include shower/tub combinations with rainfall showerheads, bathrobes, slippers, and designer toiletries.
Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wired and wireless high-speed Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks, complimentary newspapers, and phones. Additionally, rooms include safes and hair dryers. In-room massages and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered daily.
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- In-room safe
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Separate sitting area
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- Rainfall showerhead
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Separate dining area
- In-room massage available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Separate bedroom
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Flat-panel TV
- Espresso maker
Where to Eat
Bridges - Michelin-starred French restaurant serving seafood and innovative Dutch dishes with fresh, organic ingredients. The Private Dining Room overlooks a Vinothèque with French and New World wines.
Bridges Cocktail Bar - This trendy Amsterdam bar offers classic cocktails, fine Gosset Champagne and wine flights selected by the hotel's sommelier.
The Flying Dutchman - Brown café offering refreshing draft beers and a range of malts and whiskeys served by knowledgeable bartenders. Also serves tasty pub food and snacks.
Bridges Raw Bar - The Netherlands' first Raw Bar serves fresh fish as oysters, carpaccios, tartars, lobster and seafood platters, prepared before your eyes by dedicated chefs.
Start your morning with a buffet or cooked-to-order breakfast, available every morning from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM for a surcharge. You can order a meal from 24-hour room service.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Sailing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Scooter/moped rentals on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
Designed over two floors, the offers rejuvenating traditions from around the world where skilled therapists create an invigorating spa experience. SoSPA also includes an indoor pool with jetstream, hot tub, sauna, hammam, and SoFIT gymnasium.
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body scrubs
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 2
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 11 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 90 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 25 per pet, per day
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same property / stay dates).
- A 4.7149 percent city/local tax will be charged
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 38 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: EUR 50 per night
- Valet parking fee: EUR 50 per night
- Pet fee: EUR 25 per pet, per day
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 90 per night
- Amsterdam Grand Sofitel
- Sofitel Amsterdam Grand
- Sofitel Legend
- Sofitel Legend Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Legend Hotel
- Sofitel Legend Hotel Amsterdam Grand
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Sofitel Legend Grand Amsterdam Hotel
- Sofitel Legend Grand Hotel
- Sofitel Legend Grand
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport and train station (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Up to 2 children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam is listed in the 2011 Condé Nast Traveler Hot List.
This property does not have a Netherlands Tourist Board rating. For the benefit of our customers, we have provided a rating based on our rating system.