ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
I rented 2 rooms that totaled over $400 for 2 nights. We went for the balloon festival so everything was booked but still for that amount of money you should expect somewhat decent sleeping arrangements. Well room 1 had stained sheets with hair on them, smelled horrible, everything is broken. We had to sleep with our clothes on, on top of the sheets! Room 2 was flooded, no sheets on bed, cigarette burns in the mattress and when we asked for another room they gave us a room with 1 bed for 3 people. Ohhh and there are people doing drugs on the stairs which have no lights at night! I wish i would have slept in the car! STAY AWAY!
We arrived in Albuquerque late on a Friday night and this was the only motel we could find with an available room. It was awful! Filthy, garbage overflowing from the trash cans, and in need of repair. The neighborhood is very sketchy. We paid $85 for this dump, and the guy acted like he was doing us a great favor. My husband said it was better than sleeping in the car, but I am not so sure....
This room was cheap. I won't lie; that's why I booked it. We needed a cheap place to stay on an overnight trip on a road trip. You get what you pay for. It wasn't bad enough that we decided to leave or anything, but I wouldn't stay again. People definitely live here. It's "that" kind of place. Everyone we encountered was nice enough, but it was a sketchy place with traffic in and out to "see" the people who are clearly living there. Our room was actually clean, although it was old. The grounds weren't all that clean, though.
Checked in 6 Oct around 1630, first room had overwhelming stench of smoke, I went to office requested another room, less stench of smoke but my reservation was for non-smoking. Bedspread had burns and room is very crampy. Left luggage and went to visit family in the area. Returned around 0030 am, and could not get my room door open with card key. Went to front desk to get cards rekeyed. Upon entering room 226, we notice our luggage wasn't as we left it. After inspection of the luggage, we noticed alot of our belongings were missing. Not even a toothbrush. I didn't feel safe in the room or hotel, so we took our luggage and I went to office and I checked out of hotel. Hotel condition is filthy. We observed atleast two persons checking car doors while waiting for police. I filed a police report of the theft and complained while checking out. My credit card was charged for three days. Now, I'm requesting a full refund with motel and choice hotels.
Place was disgusting and small/cramped. When my friend and I stayed and got to our room, there were bloodstains on the duvet. Notified the manager, Tony Macklin, he "wrote it down", but nothing was done about it. I also asked for a "DO NOT DISTURB" Sign and he told me that they didn't have ANY. The following day, I asked for a roll of toilet paper for our room, and had to call again, fifteen minutes later, for the roll. The room did not have an iron or ironing board, the shower water was scorching hot, there was no coffee machine, yet they had a microwave and "working" safe. The door latch didn't work well, but thank God for the deadbolt. The building elevator is rickety. The laundry room has empty vending machines, yet food is sold in the front lobby ($2.00 for Ramen noodles-- really?). Also, the ice machine on the 3rd floor didn't work, only the first. During checkout, we went to go get breakfast; that was laughable. No food out, whatsoever, but they had coffee. Front desk clerk said "the machine was broken". Sad. If Mr. Patel,the property owner wants to improve his business, he should really step it up and take these things into consideration, but reading other past reviews, I highly doubt that will happen. As for Mr. Macklin, he should work on his customer service skills.
When I walked in, it was storming outside and I was glad to be out from the storm. However, the sink was running and there was a leak, which left the carpet wet. There were no towels either, and the front desk said "Can you wait till 9 am for towels" and I said "No". So he gave me one towel that morning, around 6 am. He didn't know what a washcloth was so I gave up. I said, "I paid $50 for this" and he looked at me like, "tough $%^&" or "I don't understand what you are saying" one or the other...
I guess that for only $55, we shouldn't have expected much. The TV was useless, the picture kept freezing and chopping up. The lavatory faucet simply didn't work at all, so we used the shower for water. The walls need paint, and the whole facility looks tired, old, and worn out. It needs a MAJOR overhaul, but that would cost money. I get the impression that there is only enough revenue to keep it from falling apart.
I’ll start with the positive. The manager at the front desk was friendly and checked us in quickly. There’s also a Denny’s right next to the front, which was great. The beds are firm, which I like. The shower also had good pressure. Now for the bad and the ugly. The non-smoking room has obviously been smoked in. It was gross. Trying to air it out didn’t do much good. On top of that, the HVAC wall unit was missing the temperature knob, and looks like a bunch of dirt has made its way onto the broken vent. There are also cigarette burns on the tub. Again, this is clearly marked right below the room number as a non-smoking room. The smoke detector is also stained yellow. If this room used to be for smokers and was converted, then they need to try again at the remediation process. The TV had a hole on the bezel for the speakers, the room did not have a remote, and the standard definition cable was fuzzy. One of the channels also had a Dish Network logo stating that a receiver had been unplugged, so I’m assuming that there was a less than stellar cutover between service providers. As for the Wi-Fi, it was handing out APIPA addresses all night, so either their Internet was out, or the DHCP scope isn’t set up properly for the number of guests and devices. The pillows were stained as evidenced under the pillowcases, and all of them were flat or lumpy. The pillows belong in the trash, it’s that simple. That ruined the experience of having decent beds, so we didn’t get a good nights sleep. The plumbing has serious issues. The toilet needs to be snaked, as it can’t handle even small amounts of toilet paper. The water pressure in the sink is poor. I hadn’t stayed at a Rodeway before, and I will never consider the brand again.
Stay here if you're desperate or if your nightly rate plus fees is $30 or less, it's not worth more than that. "Non-smoking room" with odor of smoke in every portion of room, even absorbed by dispenser tissues. Furnishings cheap and dated. Bathroom smelled of urine on arrival. Stained upholstery. Walls damaged and stained. Generally grimy. Windows did not open, so ventilation impossible. AC/heater wall unit had large hole of broken plastic. Room telephone plastic wall plug was broken off, terminating in exposed cables, conveniently tucked under bed. Large gap under bottom of entry door allowing freeway noises to enter freely--all the time. Tight bathroom/sink area creating awkward passage unless door closed to bathroom. Only antenna TV, with 8 channels detected but half of those with constant pixelated static and only one worthwhile English language working channel. Staff fine to interact with, though denied any available rooms to change to non-smoking room, even as we were multi-night guests and we saw other guests had checked out and new ones checked in after us. Three-story, no elevator in sight, if it exists, which was especially infuriating after a long tiring day and both our (and other guests') key cards failed and we had to walk them to the front desk for re-coding. Whoever manages or owns this place is taking cost cutting to slum lord levels.
Location is just off I-40 on Coors south. It's near numerous fast food restaurants and shopping mall is north about one mile. when we checked in the service was very friendly and fast. we went to our room and we found it to be "stuffy." The bed cover had burn holes in it. Wife went to bathroom but walked out because the tub had "something gross in it." it turned out that the toilet was backed up and when you flushed it the waste would go into the tub. needless to say we moved to another room. the second room was much better. the a/c worked very well This room still had it's problems, only one towel, carpet was worn with holes in it but believe it or not the carpet was clean. the wall around the door was dirty. the parking lot filthy and all entrances into the motel was blocked off by a chain link fence except foe the small main entrance. we believe the motel did this because of the possible "bad" area that "may" surround it. our room had no refrigerator. shower in 2nd room was clean and water pressure was good.
Located in Westside, Rightway Inn is within a few miles (5 km) of sights such as Old Town Plaza and ABQ BioPark Botanic Garden. This motel has 109 rooms and welcomes guests with conveniences like free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free self parking.
Free hot/cold buffet breakfast is included with your stay and awaits you each morning.
Rightway Inn 's 109 rooms are air-conditioned and provide microwaves, free local calls, and desks. Guests can expect to find WiFi and TVs. Bathrooms offer hair dryers and free toiletries.
Renovated in 2015, Rightway Inn offers an outdoor pool, free WiFi in public areas, and coffee in a common area. If you decide to drive, there's free parking. The 24-hour front desk has staff always at the ready. Additional amenities include free newspapers and laundry facilities.