Popular property highlights
Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver places you in Granville Street, within a leisurely stroll of popular sights such as Canada Place and BC Place Stadium. This 197-room, 4-star hotel has conveniences like an indoor pool, a fitness center, and a spa tub. Located in central Vancouver, the hotel is also near Granville Island Public Market and Stanley Park.
Sit down for a leisurely bite to eat at the onsite restaurant, or enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. Satisfy your hunger from the comfort of your room with 24-hour room service. For your convenience, a cooked-to-order breakfast is served for a fee each morning from 6:30 AM to 11 AM.
Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver's 197 rooms are air-conditioned and provide iPod docks, minibars, and coffee makers. Flat-screen TVs come with cable channels and pay movies, and guests can stay connected with WiFi and wired Internet. Bathrooms have hair dryers, designer toiletries, and bathrobes. Free weekday newspapers, free local calls, and video-game consoles are also available.
At Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver, guests enjoy an indoor pool, a fitness center, and a spa tub. Valet parking is available for CAD 40.00 per night. Multilingual staff at the 24-hour front desk can assist with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and luggage storage. Additional amenities include a sauna, free WiFi in public areas, and 7 meeting rooms.
- Walking distance to Canada Place and BC Place Stadium
- Free WiFi and wired Internet in public areas
- Onsite dining
- Indoor pool
HighlightsInformation missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver
Built under the guidance of a Feng Shui master—Foo dogs guard the entrance—the 18-story Metropolitan is an intimate boutique hotel with a keen interest in privacy and security, much appreciated by business and film-industry guests. Families like the kid-friendly attitude that includes delivery of milk and cookies to guestrooms.
This downtown Vancouver hotel is ideally situated in the center of Vancouver's business district, across from Pacific Centre Mall, 2 blocks from Robson Street's chic shops, 3 blocks from the theater district, and 7 blocks from Gastown. A Canada Line station a half-block away offers easy access to Vancouver International Airport.
The hotel is approximately an hour via public transit from Grouse Mountain, offering skiing in the winter and ziplining in the summer. Other nearby activities include jogging, ice skating, and boat cruises.
The hotel features a business center, secretarial services, and extensive meeting facilities. Wired and wireless Internet access are complimentary.
This is a smoke-free property.
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- 24-hour front desk
- Indoor pool
- Fitness facilities
- Concierge services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Express check-out
- Business center
- Ski storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 18
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Total number of rooms - 197
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Free WiFi
- Computer station
- Express check-in
- Meeting rooms 7
- Luggage storage
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Steam room
- Wedding services
- Spa tub
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( CAD 8.00 per night ), Wired internet access ( CAD 8.00 per night )
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver offers 197 air-conditioned accommodations with iPod docking stations and minibars. Flat-screen televisions come with premium cable channels, video-game consoles, and pay movies. Bathrooms include separate bathtubs and showers, bathrobes, designer toiletries, and complimentary toiletries.
This Vancouver hotel provides wired and wireless Internet access for a surcharge. Business-friendly amenities include desks and complimentary weekday newspapers, as well as phones; free local calls are provided (restrictions may apply). Additionally, rooms include safes and coffee/tea makers. In-room massages and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested. Housekeeping is provided daily.
- Room service (24 hours)
- Premium TV channels
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Separate bathtub and shower
- In-room massage available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- iPod docking station
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Diva at the Met - Located within the Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver, is available for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Happy Hour.
24 Hour room service is also available.
Nearby Things to Do
In addition to its own health and recreation facilities, which include a fitness center, squash court, and 40-foot indoor pool and spa, hotel staff can arrange excursions to some of the region's finest golf courses, including Westwood Plateau and Furry Creek on the Sea to Sky Highway. Running trails are nearby and the concierge can arrange for bike rentals. The start of the Vancouver seawall, a 19-km (12-mile) paved pedestrian pathway, is 4 blocks from the hotel. The hotel is approximately an hour on public transit from Grouse Mountain, where guests can enjoy winter sports and ziplining during warmer months.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Snowboarding nearby
- Downhill skiing nearby
- Cross-country skiing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Ski lessons available nearby
- Ski equipment rental shops nearby
- Racquetball/squash on site
- Boat tours nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Minimum check-in age is 19
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for CAD 30 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of CAD 30 per accommodation, per stay, plus a deposit of CAD 30.00 per stay
- Specific rooms only
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Parking height restrictions apply
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: CAD 23 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 8.00 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: CAD 8.00 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: CAD 40.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 40.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: CAD 30.00 per stay
- Pet fee: CAD 30 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 30 per night
- Hotel Metropolitan Vancouver
- Metropolitan Hotel
- Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver
- Metropolitan Vancouver
- Metropolitan Vancouver Hotel
- Vancouver Hotel Metropolitan
- Vancouver Metropolitan
- Vancouver Metropolitan Hotel
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Up to 2 children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.