Refer a friend, help the world
Making the world a better place also makes it a better place to visit. See below to refer a friend to Orbitz. Your friend will receive a coupon for 15% off one qualifying hotel booking, and when your friend books a hotel with a value of $50 or more, we’ll drop $20 Orbucks into your account to use toward your next stay! Plus, in honor of referrals made during the month of October, Orbitz will also make a donation of $5,000 to support LGBTQ charity The Trevor Project’s life-saving work. See Terms and Conditions.
The Trevor Project
The Trevor Project is the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning) young people. The organization works to save young lives by providing support through free and confidential suicide prevention and crisis intervention programs on platforms where young people spend their time: our 24/7 phone lifeline, chat, and text.
Refer-a-Friend Program Terms and Conditions
Orbitz Worldwide, LLC. (“we” or “Orbitz”) is offering you the opportunity to refer friends via a Referral Program (the “Program”) offered on the web site located at www.Orbitz.com (the “Site”) effective October 1, 2020 through October 31, 2020.
1. Binding Agreement. By using the Site or participating in the Program, you are bound by these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) and indicate your agreement to them. Orbitz’ decisions regarding the Program are final and binding.
2. Privacy. The personal information collected, processed, and used as part of the Program will be used in accordance with Orbitz’ PRIVACY STATEMENT.
3. How the Program Works. To participate in the Program and refer friends, you must be a legal resident of the United States, be at least 18 years old, have a Orbitz.com account, and be enrolled in the Orbitz Rewards Program. Next, you must visit www.orbitz.com/refer and follow the on-screen instructions to refer friends, family members, or colleagues who have not previously made a booking on Orbitz.com. You may refer a maximum of 25 people during each session and a maximum of 500 people throughout the duration of the Program. Once an individual makes a referral, he/she becomes a “Referrer” and will be provided with a unique referral link (“Personal Link”) that can be shared with referred friends (“Friends”). A Friend must create an Orbitz.com account and make a booking in order for both the Referrer and the Friend to receive one of the rewards described below.
4. Restrictions. Referrers may not refer themselves or existing account holders or create multiple, fictitious, or fake accounts with Orbitz or participate in the Program as “Friends.” Referrers may not use the Program to violate any law, infringe or violate the rights of any third party, or otherwise act in a manner that is deemed harassing, harmful, illegal, hateful, obscene, or outside the spirit and intent of the Program. In addition, Referrers may not (a) tamper with the Program, (b) act in an unfair or disruptive manner, or (c) use any system, bot or other device or artifice to participate or receive any benefit in the Program. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAM MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ORBITZ RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Employees of Orbitz are not able to participate.
5. Rewards. If you refer an eligible Friend, your Friend will receive a coupon for 15% OFF OF ONE QUALIFYING HOTEL-ONLY BOOKING and, if your Friend creates an account and makes a qualifying hotel booking of $50 USD or more of one night or more, you will receive $20 in Orbucks. You may earn a maximum of $500 in Orbucks throughout the duration of the Program. You can earn a maximum of 100 rewards per year, and a Friend may only use one coupon, regardless of how many people refer him/her. Use of Orbucks is subject to the ORBITZ REWARDS PROMOTIONAL PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Rewards are subject to verification. Orbitz may delay a reward for the purposes of investigating whether a Referrer or Friend has violated these Terms and/or verifying whether the Friend has opted-out of receiving commercial messages from Orbitz. Orbitz will not honor any requests that do not comply with these Terms.
6. Charity Partner. In honor of the Refer-a-Friend Program, Orbitz will make a charitable donation of $5000 USD to The Trevor Project.
7. Limitation of Liability. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES (DEFINED BELOW) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF ORBITZ WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES). By participating in the Program, you agree to defend, indemnify, release, and hold harmless the Orbitz, Extole, Inc., as the provider of the referral service, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, and subsidiaries, together with their respective employees, directors, officers, licensees, licensors, shareholders, attorneys, and agents including, without limitation, their respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, operation, or administration of the Program (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, actions, demands, damages, losses, liabilities, costs, or expenses caused by, arising out of, in connection with, or related to the Program (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death caused to any person(s)) and/or the awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of any benefit in the Program. To be clear, the Released Parties shall not be liable for any technical errors or malfunctions, data theft or corruption, any printing or typographical error, or any damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Program. The Released Parties shall not be liable to any users for failure to supply any advertised benefit by reason of any acts of God, any action or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not valid), or any other activity or action that is beyond any of the Released Parties’ control. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, THE RELEASED PARTIES’ MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE), WILL NOT EXCEED $100.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (A) THE PROGRAM IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND ORBITZ EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS AND TERMS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR CUSTOM, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES AS TO PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE USE OF THE PROGRAM, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT; (B) THE RELEASED PARTIES MAKE AND GIVE NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE PROGRAM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE PROGRAM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, AND (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE PROGRAM WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (C) ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE PROGRAM IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
9. Bulk Distribution (“Spam”). Referrers must comply with applicable laws and avoid “spamming” others. Referrals must be created and distributed in a personal manner that is appropriate and customary for communications with friends, colleagues and family members. By submitting any email address as part of the Program, the Referrer represents that he/she has the appropriate permission and consent. Bulk email distribution, distribution to strangers, or any other use of the services described herein in a manner that is not promoted is expressly prohibited and may be grounds for immediate termination and further legal action. Orbitz has no obligation to monitor the Program or any communications; however, Orbitz may choose to do so and block any email messages, reject messages to individuals who had previously opted-out of receiving commercial messages from Orbitz, or prohibit any use of the Program. Referrers who do not comply with the law, including anti-spam laws, are obligated to indemnify the Program Entities against any liabilities, costs and expenses it incurs as a results of such spam.
10. Sign-In Credentials. Users are responsible for maintaining the confidentially of any sign-in credentials and are fully responsible for all activities that occur through the use of them. Users agree to notify Orbitz immediately if they suspect unauthorized access to their account. Users agree that Orbitz will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from unauthorized use of their credentials.
11. Right to Cancel, Modify or Terminate. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, terminate, alter, limit, suspend or modify the Program and/or these Terms and Conditions at any time, without notice, even though such modifications may affect your ability to earn rewards. You are responsible for checking these Terms from time-to-time to keep informed of any changes. We reserve the right to disqualify any User (defined below) at any time from participation in the Program if he/she does not comply with any of these Terms.