Give on Giving Tuesday
This week, in honor of Giving Tuesday, thank a friend or family member who has helped you along your journey to self-love and acceptance. For every message sent, Orbitz will donate $20 to the IGLTA Foundation, up to $50,000.
Plus, refer a friend to Orbitz. Your friend will receive a coupon for 15% off one qualifying hotel booking, and when they book a hotel with valued $50 or more, we’ll drop $20 Orbucks into your account to use toward your next stay!
See Terms and Conditions.
The IGLTA Foundation is the charity of the International LGBTQ+ Travel Association, an organization committed to advancing LGBTQ+ tourism globally. With a focus on leadership, education, and research, the IGLTA Foundation shares information and supports initiatives that create welcoming experiences for LGBTQ+ travelers—so they can safely explore a world in which more than 70 countries still criminalize same-sex relationships. IGLTAF also mentors LGBTQ+ small business owners and young professionals through its Fellowship Program, giving priority to those from destinations/communities where LGBTQ+ people face added challenges due to laws, culture, or lack of support.
Giving Tuesday Terms and Conditions
Orbitz Worldwide, LLC. (“we” or “Orbitz”) is offering you the opportunity to thank friends via a Referral Program (the “Program”) offered on the web site located at www.Orbitz.com/thejourney (the “Site”) effective 12:01 am CT, December 1, 2020 through 11:59 pm CT, December 6, 2020 (the “Giving Tuesday Campaign Period”).
1. Binding Agreement. By using the Site or participating in the Program, you are bound by these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) and indicate your agreement to them. Orbitz’ decisions regarding the Program are final and binding.
2. Privacy. The personal information collected, processed, and used as part of the Program will be used in accordance with Orbitz’ PRIVACY Statement.
3. How the Program Works. To participate in the Giving Tuesday Campaign, you must be a legal resident of the United States and be at least 18 years old. Next, you must visit www.orbitz.com/thejourney and follow the on-screen instructions to send a thank you to a friend or family member who helped you on your journey to self-love and acceptance. You may send a thank you to a maximum of 25 people during each session and a maximum of 500 people throughout the duration of the Giving Tuesday Campaign. Once an individual sends a thank you, he/she becomes a “Referrer” and will be provided with a unique referral link (“Personal Link”) that can be shared with referred friends (“Friends”). A Friend must create an Orbitz.com account and make a booking in order for both the Referrer and the Friend to receive one of the rewards described below.
4. Restrictions. Referrers may not refer themselves or existing account holders or create multiple, fictitious, or fake accounts with Orbitz or participate in the Program as “Friends.” Referrers may not use the Program to violate any law, infringe or violate the rights of any third party, or otherwise act in a manner that is deemed harassing, harmful, illegal, hateful, obscene, or outside the spirit and intent of the Program. In addition, Referrers may not (a) tamper with the Program, (b) act in an unfair or disruptive manner, or (c) use any system, bot or other device or artifice to participate or receive any benefit in the Program. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAM MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ORBITZ RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Employees of Orbitz are not able to participate.
5. Rewards. If you refer an eligible Friend, your Friend will receive a coupon for 15% OFF OF ONE QUALIFYING HOTEL-ONLY BOOKING and, if your Friend creates an account and makes a qualifying hotel booking of $50 USD or more of one night or more, you will receive $20 in Orbucks. Coupons are subject to the Orbitz 15% Off Coupon Terms and Conditions below. You may earn a maximum of $500 in Orbucks throughout the duration of the Program. You can earn a maximum of 100 rewards per year, and a Friend may only use one coupon, regardless of how many people refer him/her. Use of Orbucks is subject to the ORBITZ REWARDS PROMOTIONAL PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Rewards are subject to verification. Orbitz may delay a reward for the purposes of investigating whether a Referrer or Friend has violated these Terms and/or verifying whether the Friend has opted-out of receiving commercial messages from Orbitz. Orbitz will not honor any requests that do not comply with these Terms.
6. Charity Partner. During the Giving Tuesday Campaign Period, Referrers send a thank you to friends or family members who helped them on their journey of self-love and acceptance. Orbitz will donate $20 for each thank you sent up to $50,000.00 USD to IGLTA Foundation (the “Giving Tuesday Donation”). Referrals will receive a 15% off hotel promo code, and Referrers who are Orbitz Rewards members will receive $20 Orbucks when their referral books a hotel stay on Orbitz.com.
7. Limitation of Liability.YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES (DEFINED BELOW) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF ORBITZ WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES). By participating in the Program, you agree to defend, indemnify, release, and hold harmless the Orbitz, Extole, Inc., as the provider of the referral service, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, and subsidiaries, together with their respective employees, directors, officers, licensees, licensors, shareholders, attorneys, and agents including, without limitation, their respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, operation, or administration of the Program (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, actions, demands, damages, losses, liabilities, costs, or expenses caused by, arising out of, in connection with, or related to the Program (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death caused to any person(s)) and/or the awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of any benefit in the Program. To be clear, the Released Parties shall not be liable for any technical errors or malfunctions, data theft or corruption, any printing or typographical error, or any damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Program. The Released Parties shall not be liable to any users for failure to supply any advertised benefit by reason of any acts of God, any action or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not valid), or any other activity or action that is beyond any of the Released Parties’ control. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, THE RELEASED PARTIES’ MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE), WILL NOT EXCEED $100.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties.YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (A) THE PROGRAM IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND ORBITZ EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS AND TERMS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR CUSTOM, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES AS TO PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE USE OF THE PROGRAM, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT; (B) THE RELEASED PARTIES MAKE AND GIVE NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE PROGRAM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE PROGRAM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, AND (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE PROGRAM WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (C) ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE PROGRAM IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
9. Bulk Distribution (“Spam”). Referrers must comply with applicable laws and avoid “spamming” others. Referrals must be created and distributed in a personal manner that is appropriate and customary for communications with friends, colleagues and family members. By submitting any email address as part of the Program, the Referrer represents that he/she has the appropriate permission and consent. Bulk email distribution, distribution to strangers, or any other use of the services described herein in a manner that is not promoted is expressly prohibited and may be grounds for immediate termination and further legal action. Orbitz has no obligation to monitor the Program or any communications; however, Orbitz may choose to do so and block any email messages, reject messages to individuals who had previously opted-out of receiving commercial messages from Orbitz, or prohibit any use of the Program. Referrers who do not comply with the law, including anti-spam laws, are obligated to indemnify the Program Entities against any liabilities, costs and expenses it incurs as a results of such spam.
10. Sign-In Credentials. Users are responsible for maintaining the confidentially of any sign-in credentials and are fully responsible for all activities that occur through the use of them. Users agree to notify Orbitz immediately if they suspect unauthorized access to their account. Users agree that Orbitz will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from unauthorized use of their credentials.
11. Right to Cancel, Modify or Terminate. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, terminate, alter, limit, suspend or modify the Program and/or these Terms and Conditions at any time, without notice, even though such modifications may affect your ability to earn rewards. You are responsible for checking these Terms from time-to-time to keep informed of any changes. We reserve the right to disqualify any User (defined below) at any time from participation in the Program if he/she does not comply with any of these Terms.
Coupon Terms and Conditions
Orbitz Coupon – Save 15% on Selected Hotels!
Qualifying Bookings: This promo code discount applies only to stand-alone select hotel bookings (not a hotel booking in combination with any other product such as flight + hotel or flight + hotel + car) made online at www.Orbitz.com that are pre-paid at the time of booking (subject to the restrictions set out in the terms and conditions below).
Promo Code Value: 15% off.
Maximum Discount Value: The maximum savings discount is up to $150.
Minimum Booking Value: $50 USD
Redemption Period: 12:01am CT, September 18, 2020 to 11:59pm CT, December 31, 2021.
Travel Period: The travel dates must be between September 18, 2020 and December 31, 2021 (inclusive).
How to use your promo code:
- You must make your hotel booking online with Orbitz.com.
- Search for a hotel for your desired stay dates, within the travel period given above.
- During the booking process, on the payment page you will see the link “Enter coupon or promo code” where you can enter the promo code.
- Enter the promo code in the relevant field and then click the “Apply” button. If your booking is eligible, the applicable discount will be subtracted from the price of the travel reservation before the application of any taxes, applicable fees or additional costs.
- This offer does not apply to multi-room bookings.
*TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Subject to the restrictions set out in these terms and conditions and compliance with the above, the promo code may be applied to a pre-pay stand-alone select hotel only booking (not a hotel booking in combination with any other product such as flight + hotel or flight + hotel + car) made online at www.Orbitz.com. The promo code can only be used for pre-pay bookings and cannot be redeemed against bookings which are paid at the destination.
- The promo code may only be used in relation to the first room booked on an eligible single booking. This means that where the eligible booking includes more than one room, the promo code will only be applied against the first room in the booking.
- Customers are limited to one (1) redemption of this promotion code and up to a maximum savings of $150 per booking. After that one booking, this promo code will not be able to be used again, even if that booking is cancelled.
- The promo code cannot be redeemed against taxes, supplier fees, cancellation or change fees/penalties, administrative fees or other miscellaneous charges, which are the sole responsibility of the customer.
- Usual booking terms and conditions apply (see http://www.orbitz.com/p/info-other/legal.htm) and all bookings are subject to availability.
- The promo code may not be used or combined with other coupons, promotions or special offers.
- The promo code cannot be used for any booking previously made. It will be deemed fully redeemed once a qualifying booking has been made. The promo code has no cash value and no refunds or cash alternative will be offered. There is no residual value and no credit will be issued if the purchase amount is less than the promo code discount. The promo code may not be re-used, even in the event that you change or cancel the booking.
- The promo code is void where prohibited by law and may only be used by legal residents of the US aged 18 and over.
- When booking using a mobile device, message and data rates may apply. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding their pricing plans. Not all wireless service providers carry the necessary text message service to participate. Check your wireless devise for specific text messaging instructions and capabilities.
- The promo code may not be used by employees of Expedia Group companies (including Orbitz) or any other person professionally connected with this offer including, without limitation, travel agency affiliate program partners.
- Improper use of the promo code by you including but not limited to publication or selling of the promo code is prohibited, will result in the voiding of the promo codes use, and may constitute fraud.
- This promo code may not be transferred or sold. Promo codes obtained through unauthorized channels, mutilated, altered, copied, forged, damaged, manipulated, or tampered with in any way will be deemed void.
- Orbitz reserves the right to change or withdraw this offer at any time and to cancel any bookings made where the coupon was improperly obtained or used to make any speculative, false, or fraudulent bookings.
- This offer is from Orbitz.
- Terms and conditions of this coupon are as written and cannot be changed by any representation of any unauthorized person, including employees of Orbitz. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Washington State, USA.