By Brian Hoyt
With so much to do in Washington, D.C., it is essential to find the perfect place for your family to rest and recharge. As a family man who has stayed at a hotel or two in my day, here are my recommendations for the best Washington, D.C.hotels for family vacations:
- Sofitel Lafayette Square, Washington, D.C.: Location, location, location. This fantastic property is not cheap, but it is in the heart of downtown D.C. Steps from the White House, McPherson Metro Station and great eats, you can make this luxury hotel your family’s central jumping point. If you are going to splurge and spend money on your trip to Washington, spend it here.
- Hampton Inn, Crystal City, Arlington, Va.: One Metro stop away from Reagan National Airport, the Hampton Inn is a good budget hotel in a solid location. Crystal City is a bit of a concrete jungle, but check out the newly built up shopping and dining option along Crystal Drive.
- Omni Shoreham Hotel, Woodley Park, Washington, D.C.: This hotel is in agreat location, just north up Connecticut Avenue above the hustle and bustle of the downtown area of Washington, D.C. Even better, this hotel is just around the corner from the National Zoo.
- SpringHill Suites, Annapolis, Md.: I love this hotel and budget hotels in general. Free breakfast. Very family friendly. Big suite size rooms too. This property in the suburbs is 30 miles outside of Washington, DC, but a great jump point for road trippers to see Annapolis’ Naval Academy, Baltimore’s Aquarium and all of Washington’s attraction.
Related Orbitz resources:
- Family vacations
- Washington, D.C. hotels
- Cheap, easy ways to explore the Washington, D.C. area
- Washington,D.C.’s freebies provide fun for family vacations
Brian Hoyt is the head of corporate communications and government affairs for Orbitz Worldwide. He and his wife are parents to an energetic 3-year-old daughter and a newborn 4-month-old son. Their favorite places to visit are Chicago, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, Florida, the Shenandoah Mountains, New Orleans, Charleston, SC., and Yankee Stadium.
Tagged: Family time