Royal Botanic Gardens is within 2 miles (3 km) of Art Series - The Cullen while other popular attractions such as St. Kilda Beach are within 3 miles (5 km). This 113-room, 5-star hotel welcomes guests with conveniences like 2 restaurants, a bar/lounge, and a fitness center. Melbourne Cricket Ground and Luna Park are also near this Prahran hotel.
Enjoy dining at one of 2 onsite restaurants including HuTong Peking Duck, which specializes in Chinese cuisine. Savor a meal from the comfort of your room with 24-hour room service, or make new friends over drinks at the bar/lounge. Start each morning with cooked-to-order breakfast, available for a fee from 6:30 AM to 10 AM.
All 113 soundproofed accommodations feature kitchens and space to spread out with dining areas and sitting areas. Guests can expect WiFi, wired Internet, and 42-inch LCD TVs with cable channels and pay movies. Pillowtop beds sport premium bedding and bathrooms offer hair dryers and free toiletries. IPod docks, minibars, and coffee makers are other standard amenities.
Art Series - The Cullen features a fitness center, WiFi in public areas, and conference space. Parking is available for AUD 25.00 per day (AUD 35 per day for valet parking), and there's also limo/town car service. The 24-hour front desk has multilingual staff ready to assist with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and luggage storage. Other amenities at this luxury hotel include a business center, express check-in, and express check-out.
- Onsite dining
- Fitness center
- WiFi and wired Internet in rooms and public areas (fees apply)
- Business center
Art Series - The Cullen164 Commercial Rd Prahran VIC 3181
Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. This 5-star property offers access to a business center, limo/town car service, and meeting rooms.
Public areas are equipped with high-speed wired and wireless Internet access (surcharge). Event facilities measuring 1442 square feet (134 square meters) include conference space. This luxury hotel also offers a fitness center, tour/ticket assistance, and multilingual staff. Onsite parking is available (surcharge).
Art Series - The Cullen is a smoke-free property.
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 113
- Number of floors - 7
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Tours/ticket assistance
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Express check-in
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 2009
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Conference space size (feet) - 1442
- Conference space size (meters) - 134
- Number of meeting rooms - 3
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( AUD 9.95 per day ), Wired internet access ( AUD 9.95 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( AUD 9.95 per 24-hour period ), Wired high-speed internet ( AUD 9.95 per 24-hour period )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
Art Series - The Cullen offers 113 air-conditioned accommodations with iPod docking stations and minibars. Accommodations offer separate sitting areas. Pillowtop beds feature premium bedding. 42-inch LCD televisions come with premium cable channels and pay movies. Accommodations at this 5-star hotel have kitchens with refrigerators, stovetops, microwaves, and separate dining areas. Bathrooms include bathrobes, slippers, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers.
In-room wired and wireless high-speed Internet access is available for a surcharge. Business-friendly amenities include desks, complimentary newspapers, and safes. Additionally, rooms include coffee/tea makers and irons/ironing boards. Housekeeping is offered daily and in-room massages can be requested.
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Separate sitting area
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Separate dining area
- Cable TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- iPod docking station
- Cookware, dishware, and utensils
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Soundproofed rooms
- Room service (24 hours)
- Pillowtop mattress
- LCD TV
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10 AM.
HuTong Peking Duck - This restaurant specializes in Chinese cuisine and serves dinner only. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
Gramercy Bistro - This bistro specializes in American cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Happy hour is offered.
Late night fare is available from 24-hour room service.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
To make special requests for accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Parking height restrictions apply
- Breakfast fee: between AUD 12.00 and AUD 35.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): AUD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: AUD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: AUD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: AUD 25.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: AUD 35 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 70.00 per day
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Art Series Cullen
- Art Series Cullen Hotel
- Art Series Cullen Hotel Prahran
- Art Series Cullen Prahran
- Cullen Art Series
- Art Series - The Cullen Greater Melbourne/Prahran
- Art Series - The Cullen Hotel Melbourne
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport. Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- Art Series - The Cullen is listed in the 2010 Condé Nast Traveler Hot List.
Complimentary Smart Car
Guests who book a Cullen Penthouse room type will receive free use of a smart car.
Good for Cullen Penthouse room type only. Valid driver’s license required. Other restrictions may apply.