Popular property highlights
Salamanca Market is a short stroll from Best Western Hobart, and other popular attractions like Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens are within a couple of miles (3 km). This 140-room, 4-star hotel welcomes guests with conveniences like a 24-hour fitness center, free in-room WiFi, and a 24-hour business center. It's in central Hobart and also close to Cascade Brewery and Mount Nelson Lookout.
Enjoy a bite to eat at the hotel's restaurant, or relax with a drink at the bar/lounge. Savor a meal from the privacy of your room with 24-hour room service, or get a pick-me-up at the coffee shop/café. Buffet breakfast is offered for a fee each morning from 6 AM to 10 AM.
All of Best Western Hobart's 140 recently renovated rooms provide refrigerators, minibars, and coffee makers. Guests can expect to find free WiFi and wired Internet, plus flat-screen TVs with cable channels and pay movies. Beds are dressed in premium bedding and bathrooms offer deep soaking tubs, hair dryers, and free toiletries. Ceiling fans, safes, and phones are also available.
Renovated in 2014, Best Western Hobart offers a 24-hour fitness center, free WiFi in public areas, and a conference center. If you drive, self parking is AUD 10 per day, or you can take advantage of the airport shuttle (available 24 hours) for AUD 30 per person one way. Multilingual staff at the 24-hour front desk can assist with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and luggage storage. Additional amenities include a 24-hour business center, coffee/tea in a common area, and a computer station.
- Walking distance to Salamanca Market
- Free WiFi and wired Internet in rooms and public areas
- Onsite dining
- 24-hour fitness center
Best Western Hobart
The hotel offers a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Business amenities at this 4-star property consist of a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and a meeting room.
A computer station is located on site and wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary. Event facilities measuring 1938 square feet (180 square meters) include a conference center. This business-friendly hotel also offers a 24-hour fitness center, tour/ticket assistance, and multilingual staff. For a surcharge, a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) is offered to guests. Onsite parking is available (surcharge).
Best Western Hobart has designated areas for smoking.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 140
- Number of floors - 6
- 24-hour front desk
- Coffee shop or café
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Express check-in
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Designated smoking areas
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Luggage storage
- One meeting room
- Multilingual staff
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Conference space size (meters) - 180
- Number of meeting rooms - 6
- Conference space size (feet) - 1938
- Conference center
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Television in common areas
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Computer station
- Laundry facilities
- 24-hour business center
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Long-term parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
Best Western Hobart offers 140 air-conditioned accommodations with minibars and safes. Each accommodation is individually furnished and decorated. Beds feature premium bedding. Flat-screen televisions come with premium cable channels and pay movies. Guests can make use of the in-room refrigerators and coffee/tea makers. Bathrooms include shower/tub combinations with deep soaking bathtubs, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers.
Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wired and wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and phones. Additionally, rooms include irons/ironing boards and ceiling fans. Housekeeping is provided daily. Renovation of all guestrooms was completed in August 2014.
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Room service (24 hours)
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6 AM and 10 AM.
Embers - This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Happy hour is offered.
Late night fare is available from 24-hour room service.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a 24-hour fitness center.
Guests under 13 years old are not allowed in the fitness facility.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Ecotours nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child 12 years old or younger stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for AUD 39 per night.
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Only service animals are allowed
No cribs (infant beds) available
Parking height restrictions apply
- Deposit: AUD 50 per night
- Fee for buffet breakfast: AUD 24 for adults and AUD 24 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: AUD 30 per person (one way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: AUD 25.00
- Self parking fee: AUD 10 per day (in/out privileges)
- Early check-in fee: AUD 65
- Late check-out fee: AUD 65
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 39 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Best Western Hobart
- Best Western Hotel Hobart
- Hobart Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Hobart Tasmania
- Mercure Hobart Hotel Hobart
- BEST WESTERN Hobart Hotel
We should mention
One child 12 years old or younger stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
This property has been awarded a star rating from the Australian Star Ratings Agency, Star Ratings Australia.