Book your room at Renaissance Charleston Historic District Hotel
Located in Historic Charleston, Renaissance Charleston Historic District Hotel is next to Threshold Repertory Theatre and St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church. This 166-room, 4-star hotel has a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a fitness center. College of Charleston and USS Yorktown are also near this Charleston hotel.
You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge or visit the onsite restaurant for a bite to eat. Satisfy your hunger from the comfort of your room with room service. For your convenience, breakfast is available for a fee.
All 166 air-conditioned rooms provide coffee makers, free weekday newspapers, and safes. Flat-screen TVs come with cable channels and pay movies, and guests can stay connected with WiFi and wired Internet. Bathrooms offer hair dryers and free toiletries, and beds sport premium bedding. Other standard amenities include video-game consoles, phones, and ironing boards.
At Renaissance Charleston Historic District Hotel, guests enjoy an outdoor pool, a fitness center, and free WiFi in public areas. Valet parking is available for USD 24.00 per day. Front-desk staff can answer questions 24/7, and assist with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and securing valuables. Additional amenities include 5 meeting rooms, a business center, and express check-in.
- Walking distance to College of Charleston
- Free WiFi in public areas
- Onsite dining
- Outdoor pool
Renaissance Charleston Historic District Hotel68 Wentworth St Charleston SC 29401-1430
Situated in Charleston's historic district, this six-story hotel is within a block of King Street antique shops, galleries, and restaurants, and is four blocks from the Charleston City Marina and South Carolina State Aquarium. Public areas in the Renaissance Charleston Historic District Hotel feature marble floors, crystal chandeliers, floral arrangements, and an ornamental fireplace.
The lobby area offers complimentary wireless Internet access, and a business center has a workstation with high-speed Internet access (surcharge). The hotel has 2,696 square feet of meeting and event space, including a boardroom, banquet facilities, and a ballroom. An outdoor pool and patio are open year-round, and guests can use a fitness room.
- 24-hour front desk
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Concierge services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Express check-in
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Free WiFi
- Meeting rooms 5
- Number of floors - 6
- Total number of rooms - 166
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Outdoor pool
- Wedding services
- Valet parking (surcharge)
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 12.95 per day ), Wired internet access ( USD 12.95 per day )
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- In-room safe
- Room service (limited hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (free)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Barony Tavern- This restaurant/bar showcases, hearty, simple prepared breakfast, lunch and dinners bursting with big flavor and richness.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel has a fitness room and a year-round outdoor pool. Harbor tours, excursions to Fort Sumter, and fishing charters depart from the Aquarium Wharf and Charleston City Marina. Swimming, surfing, sailing, and other water sports are available at beaches within 12 miles of the hotel. Charleston Municipal Golf Course is 5.5 miles away.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the "Special or Accessibility Requests" section of "Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-in time ends at 10:30 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Pets not allowed (service dogs only)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Only service dogs are allowed
- Tourism fee: USD 1.09 per accommodation, per night
- Breakfast fee: between USD 12 and USD 15 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 16.00 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 24.00 per day
- Charleston Historic District Hotel
- Hotel Charleston Historic District
- Renaissance Charleston Historic
- Renaissance Charleston Historic District
- Renaissance Charleston Historic District Hotel
- Renaissance District Hotel
- Charleston Renaissance
- Renaissance Charleston
- Renaissance Historic District Hotel
- Renaissance Historic District