By Nina Gass
A sophisticated beach resort playground, Cancun has become a top Mexico vacation spot along the Riviera Maya with some of the most pristine white-sand beaches in the world. Whether it’s for trendy nightclubs, elegant eateries or family-friendly activities, Cancun hotels have it all. And what better way to plan a holiday than to choose an all inclusive vacation where your wallet never has to see the light of day? Here are some personal favorites — some for families and others for adults-only — all jam-packed with activities, food, and fun:
- Barcelo Riviera Maya offers families and couples respite from reality with day-spa treatments, six restaurants and bars, a disco and a gym. The avid deep-sea divers in our family found this to be the top resort: we loved the selection of dives, especially the cave and night diving.
- Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas delivers the elegance and elevated service of a five-star resort near Nichupte Lagoon on Cancun Island. While all inclusive ocean-view rooms or suites are available, we selected a villa for that home-away-from-home feel. The room included a kitchen to try our hand at island cooking. It was hard to leave their Jacuzzi beach bar and the Thai lounging beds at their Caribbean-inspired restaurant.
- Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa makes dreams reality with lavish luxury and customizable choices. A favorite among all the Mexico hotels I’ve frequented, my usual to-do list includes swimming with dolphins in the resort’s saltwater lagoon, Euro-bungee, cooking classes and the Freedom Turtle program where you can release a turtle into the sea.
If you don’t have kids, or if you can escape your parental duties, try the peaceful and romantic option of adult all inclusive Mexico hotels in Cancun:
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun releases the sensual side in this hidden treasure just 30 minutes outside of Cancun. My favorite spot at this all-suite resort was the jacuzzi in our room, and I certainly didn’t regret our decision to get a swim-out suite with direct access to 12 pools that connect to a massive infinity pool. With seven bars, eight restaurants, spa treatments, and beach cabanas amongst the host of other day and night activities, it’s a personal haven.
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun provides privacy and seclusion as part of a 20-mile long private and peaceful peninsula that offers marina, ocean, and beach access. Standouts include the Greg Norman-designed 18-hole golf course that my husband enjoyed while I had an aromatherapy massage and sea gems facial. Our romantic adventure was capped off with a private yacht excursion.
Nina Gass is a freelance travel and business writer who lives in Los Angeles with her husband and two boys. An avid traveler and dreamer, Nina makes the most of her international family connections throughout the U.S., Australia, England, and Mexico.
Tagged: Mexico Vacation