By Maria Mora
As a Floridian, I don’t have to travel far to find the perfect exotic location. Bahamas vacations offer a stunning tropical locale, relaxing beaches and exciting activities.
Here are my five favorite all-inclusive resorts in the Bahamas for those trying to decide where to go on their next vacation:
1. Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island: If you’re looking for a romantic getaway, check out this Five Star Diamond resort open only to adult couples.Don’t miss the intimate, private, off-shore island, Sandals Cay. Get a couple’s massage or learn to windsurf — you set the pace.
2. Breezes Bahamas: Like Sandals, this resort doesn’t allow children. However, kids above the age of 14 and singles are welcome. As a result, the resort has a livelier party atmosphere. Come ready to play, and don’t skip the trapeze!
3. Paradise Island Harbour Resort: Traveling with kids? Paradise Island Harbor Resort offers a fun, sheltered lagoon where families can snorkel and sunbathe. While family-friendly, this resort draws a diverse crowd — from honeymooners to seniors.
4. Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach: This recently renovated resort has an intimate, casual feel. All-inclusive packages include fitness and sports lessons, as well as the VivaKids club, making this a great choice for active families. Grab some bicycles and explore the expansive, breathtaking property.
4. Riu Palace Paradise Island: Located near the premier Atlantis resort and casinos, the Riu Palace Paradise Island resort offers affordable all-inclusive Bahamas vacations. Children are allowed, but the resort may be more appealing to young singles and couples. Be sure to make a reservation at the Sir Alexander restaurant for an elegant night of fine dining.
Maria Mora is a memoir blogger and wannabe photographer. She travels extensively throughout Florida and the Caribbean with her two young sons.