- Charges for extra guests may apply and vary depending on the property's policy.
- A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges, as well as a government-issued photo ID, are required at check-in.
- No parking is available onsite.
- The following credit cards are accepted: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, and Visa.
- No rollaway or extra beds are available.
Moulin Plaza Hotel3.0 out of 5.0
Recent guest reviews
I booked the Moulin Plaza Hotel for an (initially!) two night stay in Paris. I had been travelling previously and my friend had been living in Paris for an extended period of time and had literally just moved out of her apartment. On arrival to the hotel, the receptionist, seeing the amount of luggage we possessed between the two of us, upgraded our room without skipping a beat! We found all the reception staff to be helpful and polite, particularly when we decided to extend our stay by a further two nights, keeping us in our upgraded room. Accommodation itself was comfortable and clean with enough room to negotiate around the luggage! Breakfast was a great start to the day with the only negative being the slow WiFi speed. This hotel is very conveniently located both to Montmartre and the Metro. Would definitely stay again and recommend.
I stayed there for 4 nights: room and bathroom was small and simple but it was clean and the staff was always friendly. The hotel was only half a block from the metro stop (Blanche on line 2) and I actually found this very convenient. The noise from the "nightlife" outside might have been a problem... I think it's fine if your expectations aren't too high.
I think the hotel goes on to earn more points than the room rates I booked for. I think I got the promotion pop up from google after browsing for hotels in Paris. The price was so competitive I did not spend much time researching on the neighbourhood. Overall I have no complaints except the lift but guess that cannot be changed. The staffs were helpful and the location was so close to Gare Du Nord. It’s the locality that had set me off. Finally if you are traveling single or with friends this is a good bargain, not with family.
Stayed for four nights in October. Not "high end" but good location a two minute walk from Blanche Metro station. We were allocated a room at the rear of the building which occasionally struggled with Wifi but was surprisingly quiet for this lively part of Paris. Breakfast was all that you would expect and set us up well for the rigours of the day, the bunch who replenish the buffet and clear away plates were very friendly and reception were also very helpful. A kettle in the room would have been welcome as we do like a cup of tea after a day pounding the pavements of Paris, but we made do with wine instead.
1. The female member of staff, very rude. We booked this hotel for one the location, two the size of the rooms, and most importantly for us was air conditioning, and yes there was a remote for aircon, it does not work. Arrived at the hotel and was given a keycard for room 404, hotel and room was boiling hot so instantly me and my preganat wife was sweating, went to turn the aircon on and nothing happened no lights to tell you it on or anything from the little keypad (photos and videos to prove it), when trying to call the front desk no answer so my wife who speaks better French than me went to the front desk and explained that the aircon is not working and can someone come and fix it, the lady at the front desk pressed a button and said that should be it. So the wife calls me to confirm and nope nothing so the lady asks us to wait and it takes a while to reset the system :/ (its electric on and off so I was highly doubtful and believing this was an excuse to get rid of us as they had other customers looking to rent a room). After waiting 45 minutes with the windows open the room is still boiling hot to the point where I checked the temperature and it was at 29 degrees. We both at this stage went to the front desk and explained that the room is to hot for us and the aircon is still not working, is it possible to move to a different room, to which the lady shouted at me and my partner explained that there is no room and you'll have to do with it. After the shock of being shouted at by a hotel receptionist I explained my wife is 6 months pregnant and the resason we booked the hotel was because of location and the fact it had Aircon, I was told that there is nothing we can do other then find a new hotel but I will he charged for the one night. While checking online to see if there was any rooms still showing available for the night and weekend we found several, when I showed the receptionist she ignored me and said there not available for 'you'! Later that day around 1 hour later we received a telephone call to see if we would like switch rooms at room 10, we went to look and check if the aircon worked. Once again no aircon but the room was a lot cooler so my wife said to me that we should agree to the room as it's more comfortable for her. After this ordeal we did not see the female receptionist during our stay and found the other members of male staff very friendly and understanding.
Clean, convenient and reasonable. It is not fancy but there is an elevator and breakfast is available. The neighborhood is quite lively with Moulin Rouge near by. It feels safe and the subway connection is near by.
We stayed here in May. Hotel is very close to Moulin Rouge (200 m), and it is possible to walk everywhere if you like walking 1-2 hours. Metro station is literally behind the corner. Breakfast was good and sufficient. Hotel is clean. Rooms and bathrooms are small but you don't stay there. Price was reasonable. Highly recommended.
There are lots of great things about this hotel but let's start with the one bad thing that cannot be helped - the room size - it's small indeed but that's Paris and if you can get past that you'll love this hotel. The room has a small desk & chair with TV (see pic) which were perfectly fine and the TV was modern but as can be expected, only 2 English channels which didn't bother us. The bed (see pic) was clean, sleep was fine and the room has fantastic air conditioning which you'll need in the summer. The carpet in the room had lots of old stains (see pic) but they were deep so didn't cause damage to our items and the hotel is quite bargain priced. The room has an unconventional safe (see pic) which you have to pay extra daily if you want to use it, they provide you with a lock for it once paid. We didn't use it but the cleaning staff are rather slack so if you don't use it make sure you hide your items/money well. We didn't need our room cleaned daily but on the days they did clean, they may as well have not bothered. There is a small space used as shelving and hanging space, along with a mirror (see pic) which was adequate for us over 7 days but if you're the type that likes to bring a huge amount of clothing on holiday you may suffer. The bathroom (see pic) is tiny with only 1 person at a time in there, though beautifully tiled and adequate space to store toiletries. They provide soap bars and all in one hair and body wash in the shower, which was surprisingly good in my hair - usually I wouldnt dare use an all in one on my hair. The toilet (see pic) is right up against the shower but there's still room to use it, while the shower has fixed glass panels that don't move with a permanent opening to enter through - you may need to suck in your body to get in and out, though the shower inside is more spacious. I think a really, really large person would struggle. The shower (see pic) has both a rain shower and hand held with fantastic hot water and water pressure, though the towels are quite warn and it's pot luck - sometimes they are like rags, other times soft and thick. The shower is likely to spill out water all over the bathroom floor since it's all one floor (see toilet pic) though the shower drain is built so the water runs downwards into it. There is a little balcony (see pic) that leads into the courtyard, it's nice to have a fresh breeze in the summer coming from the balcony door during the day. They have a lovely breakfast room but we didn't choose to pay extra for breakfast with so many wonderful French bakeries and cafes all around the hotel. The location is excellent - right across the road from the Moulin Rouge, with an entire street of good quality cafes, restaurants and bars just up the hilly street located next to the Moulin Rouge. The area may seem sleezy at night but it's totally safe, just night clubs/pubs around so lots of people. Although we arrived extremely early and our room wasn't ready, they offered us another one which we declined but appreciated their hospitality. The front desk staff day and night were always pleasant and helpful. The building inside is gorgeous with a glorious staircase (see pic), though they have a small lift too, sculptures in the foyer (see pics) and a comfortable public lounge area with lots of tourist brochures. I will definitely be staying here again.
Arrived early morning at the hotel,they stored our bags for us so we could start enjoying our time straight away. Our room was on the 4th floor,it had a small balcony which had views of the Moulin Rouge. Lovely to sit there in evening enjoying a glass of wine watching the windmill going round and people watching. Breakfast was very good plenty of choice to eat and drink. Hotel close to the Sacre' Coeur and Montmartre. Would stay here again .
Pros: location and comfortable bed. Room 103 had a view of the Moulin Rouge too. Cons: Room wasn't ready at 2pm checkin. The woman at reception was rude and unapologetic when I stated that we had paid for a room from 2pm. She told us to go and have lunch or something and when I said we already had had lunch and had been waiting for the room to be ready for 2 hours she said, 'well the hotel is full so the room is not ready'. Thankfully we only had to wait 20 minutes but it's still bad service and not what we paid for. The room itself was tiny. Barely enough room to put our suitcases down. And the bathroom had been renovated but it was a bit awkward. The sink was one of those stand alone basins which took up most of the counter space and there was no door to the shower. Also the walls were really thin and there was a very loud dutch family next door who woke us up at 5am.
- Walking distance to Moulin Rouge and Galeries Lafayette
- Free WiFi in rooms and public areas
- 24-hour front desk
Located in 9th Arrondissement, Moulin Plaza Hotel is adjacent to Moulin Rouge and within a 15-minute walk of popular sights like Galeries Lafayette. This 50-room, 3-star hotel welcomes guests with conveniences like free in-room WiFi, coffee/tea in a common area, and free newspapers in the lobby. Arc de Triomphe and Notre Dame Cathedral are also nearby.
Start each morning with continental breakfast, available for a fee from 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM. Savor a meal from the comfort of your room with room service.
All 50 air-conditioned rooms provide safes and desks. Guests can expect to find free WiFi and flat-screen TVs with cable channels. Hair dryers are also standard.
Guests of Moulin Plaza Hotel enjoy free WiFi in public areas, coffee in a common area, and free newspapers. You can take advantage of discounted offsite parking, along with an airport shuttle. The front desk is staffed 24/7 to help with tours or tickets, and answer any questions about the accommodations. This smoke-free hotel also has a TV in a common area.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
50% of guests recommend this hotelTotal of 388 reviews