Located in Historic Center, Couvent des Minimes is a leisurely stroll from popular sights such as Citadel of Lille and Lille Grand Square. This 4-star hotel has 83 guestrooms and offers free in-room WiFi, a 24-hour business center, and a conference center. It's in central Lille and also a short walk from Old Stock Exchange and Rihour Square.
This hotel is home to a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Savor a meal from the comfort of your room with room service, or get a quick energy boost at the coffee shop/café. Buffet breakfast is offered for a fee each morning from 6:30 AM to 10 AM.
The 83 rooms are air-conditioned and have an array of amenities, including minibars, coffee makers, and safes. Guests can expect to find free WiFi and LCD TVs with satellite channels. Beds are dressed in premium bedding and bathrooms offer deep soaking tubs, hair dryers, and designer toiletries. Desks are also included.
Guests of Couvent des Minimes enjoy access to free WiFi in public areas, 8 meeting rooms, and a conference center. Valet parking is offered for EUR 19 per day. The front desk has multilingual staff on hand 24/7 to help with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and luggage storage. Additional amenities include a 24-hour business center, a computer station, and free newspapers.
- Walking distance to Citadel of Lille and Lille Grand Square
- Free WiFi in rooms and public areas
- Onsite dining
- 24-hour business center
Couvent des Minimes
Couvent des Minimes offers 83 air-conditioned accommodations with minibars and safes. Beds feature premium bedding. LCD televisions come with premium satellite channels.
Bathrooms include shower/tub combinations with deep soaking bathtubs, bathrobes, designer toiletries, and complimentary toiletries. Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access. Additionally, rooms include coffee/tea makers and hair dryers. Hypo-allergenic bedding and irons/ironing boards can be requested. Housekeeping is provided daily.
- Free WiFi
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Free toiletries
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Satellite TV service
- Room service (limited hours)
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- LCD TV
Couvent des Minimes is set in a 17th-century Flemish-style listed building, formerly a convent. Renovated, then re-opened as a hotel in 1990 and totally renovated in 2012, it has retained many historical features such as cloisters with vaulted ceilings and original red-brick walls.
Framed pictures of the building's transformation are shown on the walls of the upper floors, while temporary exhibitions by painters and sculptors are displayed in the atrium, which also houses the restaurant and bar.
The hotel can accommodate up to 300 people in 8 air-conditioned meeting rooms, all equipped with wireless Internet access (complimentary). A comprehensive range of packages and menus is offered for conferences, cocktail parties and weddings.
Self and valet parking are available for a surcharge.
- Concierge services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 8
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 83
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 4
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Computer station
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Conference space size (meters) - 30
- Number of meeting rooms - 8
- Year Built 1990
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 323
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Conference center
- Snack bar/deli
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Le Jardin du Cloître - Atrium restaurant set against cloisters, with parquet floor and large, leafy plants. Sample dishes include Carpaccio of Scallops Marinated in Herbs and Truffle Sauce, Fillet of Sole with Bacon in Vintage Beer Sauce and Strawberry Delight with Coconut Biscuit and Vine Peach. Every other month the hotel offers a themed menu, such as Italian or Scandinavian, in addition to its à la carte and set menus. Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
L'Echiquier - Vast atrium bar surrounded by cloisters and dotted with sculptures with additional seating on the leafy mezzanine. A menu of classic cocktails and house specials with convent-related names like ‘Confession' and ‘Demon' is available, as well as a selection of cigars. Piano entertainment is provided every evening.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child 11 years old or younger stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 40 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: EUR 165.00
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 1.65 per person, per night
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 19 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: EUR 19 per day
- Valet parking fee: EUR 19 per day
- Pet deposit: EUR 20 per night
- Pet fee: EUR 20 per pet, per day
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for an additional fee
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 40 per night
We should mention
One child 11 years old or younger stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
- Couvent Minimes Hotel Lille
- Couvent Minimes Lille
- Alliance Hotel Lille
- Couvent Des Minimes - Alliance Lille Hotel Lille
- Couvent Minimes Hotel
- Couvent Minimes
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 20 per pet, per day, plus a deposit of EUR 20 per night
- Dogs only
This property has received its official star rating from the French Tourism Development Agency, ATOUT France.