By Abby Samler
Will and Kate – because we like to keep it casual in California – are coming to the Golden State. While their July 8-10 itinerary is no doubt squeezed by royal engagements, we took it upon ourselves to offer up the top 5 things to do during a Los Angeles vacation, from shopping in stilettos on iconic Rodeo Drive to offbeat haunt Muscle Beach.
- Attend a show taping for Jimmy Kimmel Live, which broadcasts right from Hollywood Boulevard, a crossing for Will and Kate look-a-likes, wannabe Supermans and Darth Vaders.
- Hit Rodeo Drive. So far, Kate has a fashion rep to keep up, and where else than the famous boulevard for timeless fashion houses such as Prada and Tiffany & Co. Should the shopping wreck her, maybe they could check in at the Four Seasons or Beverly Hills Hotel, two properties that are both accustomed to entertaining A-listers.
- Check out Muscle Beach, a parade of biceps, bikinis and roller blades. At least they’ll have the Secret Service close by to keep any aggressive onlookers at bay. If the paps get too close, they should steal away to Hotel Erwin’s rooftop bar, the place to soak up views of the entire south bay of Los Angeles from Palos Verdes to Malibu.
- The newlyweds deserve a date night. Since they won’t make it to Disneyland, the next best thing is the Walt Disney Concert Hall, an architectural masterpiece that houses the LA Philharmonic located in downtown Los Angeles. They can catch a view of the entire city from the Westin Bonaventure’s revolving restaurant LA Prime on the 35th floor.
- Maintain their position as the best looking couple in the UK with a refreshing Royal Treatment spa package at the Four Seasons Biltmore Santa Barbara. The bliss incorporates a Jasmine Rose Bath Soak and champagne, green jade rice scrub, detoxifying seaweed wrap, a 50-minute massage, healthy spa lunch and a custom facial.
After all the pampering, they’ll be able to see why the Beckhams ditched the UK for dreamy California.
- California vacations
- Cheap Los Angeles flights
- Los Angeles hotels
- Orange County hotels
- San Francisco hotels