By Valerie Moloney
We get it. For the last few years, your summer vacation default button has been set to Orlando vacation. With plenty of affordable hotels and kid-friendly theme parks, it’s the American family’s go-to getaway.
For a depature from the usual, mix it up with a Colorado vacation during our Colorado sale running June 13-July 24. Snag savings of up to 44 percent, and make use of those brand new hiking boots.
We can already think of a few items to tick off our bucket list:
- Celeb spotting in Vail Square
- Admiring the massive sandstone formations in the Garden of the Gods
- Showing off our doe-see-doe at a country ‘n western bar in Denver
- Smelling the lilacs and Blackeyed Susans near Aspen
- Strolling along Main Street in Breckenridge, a cuddly little mining town dotted by Victorians
Mickey can wait. It will always be sunny in Orlando, but the days of meadow grazing in the Rockies are precious and few.
Valerie Moloney is a writer for Orbitz who was born in the Philippines, lived in Morocco and married a native Irishman. She now covers hotels around the world and contributes to the Orbitz blog.