1. Maroma Resort and Spa by Orient Express: Maybe it’s the aromatherapy with nightly turndown service, the stunning rooftop yoga pavilion, or secluded, picture-perfect location in Playa Del Carmen, but this four-star resort tops my list. It made Travel and Leisure’s list of Top 20 Worlds Best Hotel Spa Mexico, Central and South America.
2. Tides Riviera Maya: To me, romance is all about privacy and relaxation. At the Tides Riviera Maya, every villa is equipped with a private plunge pool and secluded outdoor showers. My husband is a bit of a fitness freak, so I know he’d love to try out the Maya Temazcal sweat lodge.
3. Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas: Although this all-inclusive resort allows children, it’s still great for romantic getaways thanks to sumptuous rooms with enclosed terraces and an expansive beach with private cabanas. The central location makes it convenient to venture out on tours and shopping excursions.
4. Royal Hideaway Playacar by Occidental: I’m intrigued by the fact that this Cancun hotel is the only AAA Five Diamond inclusive hotel in the world. On top of that, my husband and I are both foodies and Royal Hideaway features an upscale tasting menu put together bi-weekly by executive chef Raul Vaqeurizo. Rates are reasonable for such a highly-rated resort.
5. El Dorado Seaside Suites: Every suite in this hotel includes Jacuzzis for two and hammocks. I have my eye on the oceanfront swim-up suites and private, curtained beach beds. There’s something so alluring about the thought of lounging in the balmy ocean breeze all day long. Sign me up!
Maria Mora is a memoir blogger and wannabe photographer. She travels extensively throughout Florida and the Caribbean with her two young sons.
By Maria Mora
When I’ve had a stressful day, I wind down by planning dream romantic getaways. In fact, as our anniversary approaches, I plan on leaving this list of five romantic Cancun hotels on my husband’s desk: