- Charges for extra guests may apply and vary depending on the property's policy.
- A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges, as well as a government-issued photo ID, are required at check-in.
- Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in and can't be guaranteed. Certain requests may come with additional charges.
- The following credit cards are accepted: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, and Visa.
- Upon check-in, all guests, including children, must be present to show their passport or government-issued photo ID.
- Due to national regulations, cash transactions can't exceed EUR 2999.99 at this property. For additional details, contact the property using the contact information on your booking confirmation.
- Connecting or adjoining rooms can be requested, but all rooms are subject to availability. Contact the property using the phone number on your booking confirmation.
- No rollaway or extra beds are available.
Grand Hotel Gianicolo4.0 out of 5.0
Recent guest reviews
An older hotel but clean, very comfortable and great shower. In a great location just outside the City and just minutes from the train. Can be noisy due to traffic by never affected my sleep. Breakfast not the best but adequate and lift a bit slow at times. Overall, a good enough value for the price. Staff very friendly and helpful. Overall great value
Great staff; great location above the noise and tourists of the downtown city center but easily within walking distance of anywhere within the center. We have stayed here many many times over the past decade and the staff are always so welcoming. The Spanish steps are a 2 mile walk from here so if you like to walk, this is the place to stay. The only challenge is climbing the hill from Trastevere at the end of the day, but hey, you're here on vacation, you might as well get in a workout along with the stay. There is a pool but is only open during the summer months. Breakfast is included, and you have a view of the top of St. Peter's from the breakfast room. You can walk there in under 30 minutes. The rooms are adequate (high ceilings) in size (it was a owned by the Catholic church and housed nuns before it became a hotel), and everything is kept very clean. A great choice for Rome.
- Clean enough - yes; - Well enough kept - yes; - Comfortable enough - yes; - Good enough breakfast - yes; - Occasionally noicier than desired - yes; - Somewhat slow elevator - yes Overall, a good enough value for the price. But the staff - absolutely priceless! We interacted, for a variety of reasons, with a number of employees of the Hotel during our stay, and were without exception met with what could only be understand as an honest interest in providing genuinely good service. And they were delightfully successful in so doing. That aspect of Grand Hotel del Gianicolo in general, and the front desk in particular, is what represents excellence and secured our decision to return. In the future.
Just come back from a lovely week in Rome at grand hotel del Gianicolo. Arrived on the 9th of sept. The hotel is on top of a hill so a lovely view at breakfast as that is on the 4th floor. The food at breakfast was lovely. The hotel had a great pool for a good chill day. As there is a lot of walking to be done. As I said the hotel is on a hill to get back you either have some good hills to walk up or a lot of steps. We got a taxi back a few time price wasn't to bad. The only downfall for this hotel is that they have privet party's on a Friday Saturday and Sunday. We was on the first floor, the party was on the 4th. The music 🎶 was so loud and could not sleep with the sound. Just so glad we wasn't on the 3rd floor. But other than that the staff were fantastic. Wouldn't definitely come back and stay here as it is in a very good location. Had a great week 😀
Don't stay in the 'old centre' when visiting Rome. Stay in the local areas. This hotel is a beauty. Great pool and great positioned. You can travel to the old city in no time and have a great view over the city from the park close by. The hotel itself is very comfortabele. Nice breakfast area with views and proper rooms.
The hotel rooms are small but clean. The bathrooms need updating. There is a beautiful view of Vatican City. There is a nice pool area with a bar and snack area. There is a restaurant in the hotel which is good because there weren't any restaurants within walking distance. I caution anyone that visits Rome to be aware of the taxi fare gougers. Always request a taxi from the hotel concierge or use the my taxi app.
We recently stayed in this hotel as we were in Rome for our wedding. Upon arrival we received a bottle of prosecco as a celebration for our upcoming wedding day which I thought was a lovely touch by the hotel. The pool was a lovely treat at the end of a day of site seeing and the poolside catering was great. The breakfast area is located on the fourth floor which provided amazing views of Rome. The decor is a little dated but I think this adds to the charm.
We stayed here for 2 nights in their saver room. It was tiny but clean and did the job. Very old fashioned hotel. Electrics flickered a lot, shower went from freezing to boiling on it's own accord and the AC was awful. However the pool was a nice touch and all the grounds were lovely. We didn't eat here but had a few drinks. It was 5Euro for a bottle of beer so not cheap but then Rome isn't. Location wise it was about a 15 minute walk up and down a massive hill to Trastevere main square with lots going on there. I wouldn't stay again due to location and it's not our preferred style of hotel but it's a perfectly adequate choice.
The men at the desk are rude. The pool is green and you can't see the bottom. Wifi hardly works. The bathtub tub leaks so the floor floods when showering. The bathroom door locked me in. The air conditioner didn't work. Water was shut off in the morning with no explanation. Lastly the location was inconvenient. The cabs they called for us ripped us off. They also have late night parties at the pool.
We decided on this hotel for its location and pool as it's very hot in Italy during August. It's a very clean and tidy place with a great breakfast clean pool quite rooms . The location is good if you like to walk though and particularly uphill! If you investigate Trastevere you'll need to be a good stair/hill climber not for the less fit amongst us. My tip would be to eat next door at Antico arco it's amazing and will save your legs! Not that much more cost wise compared to hotel prices and portions. There was not much open nearby in august so be prepared to bus ride into Rome for Only €1:50 it's a bargain. Helpful staff and lovely place to stay
- Close to St. Peter's Basilica and Campo de' Fiori
- Free buffet breakfast
- Free WiFi in rooms and public areas
- Onsite dining
Located in Gianicolo, Grand Hotel Gianicolo is within a mile (2 km) of popular sights such as St. Peter's Basilica and Campo de' Fiori. This 48-room, 4-star hotel welcomes guests with free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free in-room WiFi. In the historical district, it's also near Trevi Fountain and Colosseum.
Free buffet breakfast is included with your stay. Enjoy a bite to eat at the hotel's restaurant, or relax with a drink at the bar/lounge. Satisfy your hunger from the comfort of your room with room service.
All of Grand Hotel Gianicolo's 48 rooms are air-conditioned and have an array of amenities, including minibars, safes, and desks. Guests can enjoy satellite TV and stay connected with free WiFi. Beds are dressed in Egyptian cotton sheets and down comforters, and bathrooms offer hair dryers and free toiletries.
Guests of Grand Hotel Gianicolo enjoy an outdoor pool, free WiFi in public areas, and a meeting room. If you drive, self parking is EUR 10 per night, and there's also limo/town car service. Multilingual staff at the 24-hour front desk can assist with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and luggage storage. Other amenities at this family-friendly hotel include a business center, coffee/tea in a common area, and express check-in.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
62.0% of guests recommend this hotelTotal of 483 reviews