- Charges for extra guests may apply and vary depending on the property's policy.
- A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges, as well as a government-issued photo ID, are required at check-in.
- Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in and can't be guaranteed. Certain requests may come with additional charges.
- The following credit cards are accepted: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, and Visa.
- Upon check-in, parents or a legal guardian traveling with children under 18 years old are obligated to present the child's birth certificate and an identity card with photo (passport, for example). For international travels from Brazil, if just one of the parents is traveling with the child, the parent must present—in addition to the child's certificate of birth and identity card with photo—a letter authorizing the trip signed by the other parent with a notarial certification of signature. If the parents or the legal guardian, as applicable, cannot or are unwilling to give this authorization, a judicial authorization is required. People intending to travel to Brazil with children must consult with the Brazilian consulate prior to traveling for more information.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed in guestrooms.
- Connecting or adjoining rooms can be requested, but all rooms are subject to availability. Contact the property using the phone number on your booking confirmation.
- No cribs or infant beds are available.
- No rollaway or extra beds are available.
- Parking has height restrictions.
Hotel Continental Porto Alegre e Centro de Eventos3.5 out of 5.0
Recent guest reviews
We used this hotel as a stopover and it ticks that box. Its very basic, a little tired in terms of furnishings, bathrooms are due a refurb. Wouldn't recommend it for anything other than a base. Check in was slow but seems to be standard in all Brazilian hotels.
Staff not prepared to host properly. Bad reception, bad room service (they snap on your door until you open it). They are not solicitous. Didn't wait even ten min to take out breakfast after settle time (we kindly asker for). Smells bad the hall... Garage is not functional.
As could be seen on the internet site I've already know it was old and in a central location near the bus station. The central region is a little degraded but the proximity to the bus station assegurated easy taxi access. But the surprise was that besides being an old hotel it was very well conservated and the rooms still have the luxury the hotel probably had in the years past. The view to the Guaiba river is fantastic and the rooms really cosy and clean. The breakfast was nice and the staff very polite and attentive. Highly recommend. The only problem was the wifi, for free but without a good signal.
beautiful place, location, adorable breakfast nice hospitality and you can do your dayly exercises or choose for a sauna. you can visit a lot of places by walking by metro and taxi. one adorable hospitality and wonderful breakfast. i fully recommend it.
Clean, good breakfast, on a first sight a good location (near the bus station) but then, at night, we discover that you can not walk in the street because of the burglars. Arriving at the hotel, by taxi, a man came and ask for money, a very sad happening.
Good hotel in a slightly sketchy neighbourhood. The included Breakfast was awesome. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is a little tired but has been partially renovated. The room was kept wonderfully clean and I slept very well.
We stayed during the World Cup, which turned out to be the nicest hotel we had during the 10 day trip. The room might have been remodeled- very clean and new. Most thing works except no wifi in the room (maybe just our room...) and we have to call maintenance because the toilet cant flush. Other than that, everything is great- convenient location, walking distance to the subway station. Great concierge service because they all speak English well and provides helpful tips. If I remember correctly, they do have precise check in time- maybe because of the high volume of guests during the game, but we did wait in the hotel lobby till the check in time. So if you will arrive early, call to confirm the check in time.
Very good hotel located in front of the main intercity bus station of Porto Alegre. Although close to the traffic, very silent in the room. Excelent breakfest. The internet connection was free and with good and fast signal. A good business hotel.
Staff was lovely and tried to help me but even after moving 3 rooms they were quite dirty. Certain places ceiling was chipping away and their was mould. Aircon system from 1940's and swimming pool was closed for renovation and was not advised whilst booking!
Me hospedei por dois dias e gostei da acomodação, bem confortável pelo custo/benefício. Café da manhã razoável. Atendentes educados e prestativos. Boa estrutura e o melhor é que é perto de vários pontos turísticos. Só deixou a desejar pela limpeza da acomodação pois, havia alguns pelos embaixo da cama próximo da cabeceira que imagino ser do hóspede anterior.
- Close to Porto Alegre Public Market and Rio Grande do Sul Museum of Art
- Free full breakfast
- Free WiFi and wired Internet in rooms and public areas
- Onsite dining
Located in Centro Historico, Hotel Continental Porto Alegre e Centro de Eventos is within a mile (2 km) of popular sights such as Porto Alegre Public Market and Rio Grande do Sul Museum of Art. This 217-room, 3.5-star hotel has 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and a 24-hour fitness center. Located centrally in Porto Alegre, it's also close to Sao Pedro Theater and Moinhos de Vento Park.
Start your day off right with a free full breakfast, served each morning from 5 AM to 10 AM. Enjoy dining at Cacarola, one of 2 onsite restaurants. Savor a meal from the comfort of your room with 24-hour room service, entertain your taste buds with a drink at the bar/lounge, and mingle with other guests at the free daily manager's reception.
The 217 rooms are air-conditioned and have an array of amenities, including minibars, safes, and phones. Guests can expect LCD TVs with satellite channels, along with free WiFi and wired Internet. Bathrooms have hair dryers, free toiletries, and bidets. Desks are also standard.
At Hotel Continental Porto Alegre e Centro de Eventos, guests enjoy features like an outdoor pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and free WiFi in public areas. Self parking is offered for BRL 15.00 per night. Multilingual staff at the 24-hour front desk can assist with dry cleaning/laundry, tours or tickets, and luggage storage. Additional amenities include 21 meeting rooms, a conference center, and a 24-hour business center.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
63.0% of guests recommend this hotelTotal of 410 reviews