- Charges for extra guests may apply and vary depending on the property's policy.
- A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges, as well as a government-issued photo ID, are required at check-in.
- Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in and can't be guaranteed. Certain requests may come with additional charges.
- No parking is available onsite.
- The credit card used at check-in for incidentals must be in the name of the primary guest who made the reservation.
- The following credit cards are accepted: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, and Visa.
- The hotel can refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, which include pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed in guestrooms.
- As required by the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare, all international visitors must submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Also, it's required that lodging proprietors photocopy the passports of all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
- No cribs or infant beds are available.
- No rollaway or extra beds are available.
Best Western Hotel Nagoya4.0 out of 5.0
Recent guest reviews
This hotel is a comfortable, peaceful place to call home, with a traditional feel about it. Our room had a full double and a sofabed/futon, the latter quite low to the ground, but quite cozy. The room was small by Western standards, but contained all the necessary little amenities There is good wi-fi, and an iPad guide in the room. There were also a number of outlets to charge our army of electronic devices.The breakfast buffet is on the ground floor, and features a variety of dishes to suit both Asian and Western tastes. The ambiance of the space is exceedingly peaceful, and there is one section that features traditional seating, albeit modified for the less limber. The breakfast room then is transformed into a lovely little restaurant. The staff is invariably helpful, although the range of English mastery can vary. The hotel is fascinating for the foreign people watcher, as it seems to be a destination spot for weddings. Immediately next door to the hotel is a multistory building full of restaurants. There are numerous eating places also within walking distance. The subway is also an easy walk. This is not a trendy tourist hotel--we didn't see a Western face during almost a week's stay--but was a wonderful place to get a restful night's sleep, and a great breakfast to face a day of business.
Our room 609, one of several our family booked for 4 nights over the 2018 New Year Holidays, was tight for 2 adults but still larger than an usual Japan hotel room. Right off the bat, there were visible signs of wear throughout the room. For example, the closet had a lot of paint chipped off in the corners (see photo). Overall the room just looked old and tired but it was clean. The sheets and pillows were definitely clean. The queen-sized bed was neither too soft nor too hard. Air-conditioning was easy to use as the controls were in English, thankfully. The toilet in our room is old and tired but was clean, equipped, of course, with the usual Japanese high-tech toilet. The toilet itself was not fit for a grown man (5'11") despite the over-sized toilet seat they added to the little fixture. The shower head could be placed in two positions (high or mid) but you couldn't change the angle of the shower head. Water pressure was strong and everything worked well. The view from 609 is probably one of the best in the house as it has a view of corner of the main street and side street. The restaurants and other services were either closed or limited due to the importance of the New Year Holiday in Japan, so I cannot speak of those at all. The elevators were fast and clean. The hotel is surrounded by restaurant and is about a 10 minute walk from the major department store chains, shopping roads and Oasis 21 Mall. You can also access the subways in the same area, so it is a very good location.
Spent 3 nights, breakfast was in the traditional Japanese restaurant, great atmosphere. Close to Sakae Subway (exit No. 12), Starbucks at ground floor :). Reception staff assisted with sending our luggage to our next hotel in Tokyo.
Stayed for 9 days in that hotel. Service is great, welcoming front office with a very professional impression. Room service and housekeeping service excellent, all the ameties in the room... Close to Sakae station and a lot of restaurants, bars, conbinis, all you need around. I truly recommend this hotel for people who are going to stay in Nagoya for any type of reason.
I stayed here in a family room with two teenage girls. First time in Japan and great location for the nearby Sakae subway station. Breakfast was great with both Western and oriental options and a nice cuppa if you like your English tea. There is a Starbucks in the entrance too. I would definitely recommend this hotel for families visiting Japan. The toiletries provided were a bonus too!
non-smoking room but smelly as old smoking room. only 1 available power socket for mobile. air condition is not working, no fan, no cooling. only air purifier is working and occupies another one power socket. other lamps connected poorly/directly to wire from wall. extra bed placed for third person fit and occupy all space of room (luggages must be on table/bed/chair). breakfast is nightmare (no pre-arranging reservation so long waiting and empty buffet line most time). shower is only acceptable for space and cleanliness.
Check in was supposed to be 1pm. Arrived 3pm and room was still not ready. Requested for late check out but was asked to pay. Peeling wallpapers, clump of hair on the bed, dried toothpaste on glass.. no complimentary water. Bed was lumpy (backache in the morning). I think i saw only one english channel. Bedside lamps turns on and off when the bed moves. Electric teapot takes forever to boil. Location is around 500meters from the nearest subway station and you have to get up a rather high flight of stairs (which is a drag if you have heavy luggages). Not worth it for the price.
Avoid staying in this hotel. Despite a perfect location, air conditioner does not work and according to staff should not work during the spring time. Sleeping in a small sealed room (you cannot open the window) at 26 deg C (79 deg F) was a torture!!!
1. Location: 5 minutes to subway station, 10 minutes to Mitsukoshi department Stores. 2.room cleaning - good. Hotel rooms are so old, the room we have been used 1201, 1301, 1303, all were smelly, hotel provided a bottle of air spray in the room to be used for killing the smell, but returned after a short while, pillows smelled badly can hardly sleep. 3. Front Desk - when we checked in 5/April, we were offered another style room, we asked if we can see both rooms, later we took the room they offered; the female clerk at the Front Desk was very unwilling to help and told us if you take this room you switch the 3rd person's amenities ( this included one pillow, 2 glasses, pr. sleepers, bath rock, toothbrush, towels ) by yourself, later we did ourselves with no help from her. Our room is 20kvm not suitable for 3 adults, Best Western advertised good for 3 adults, we found hardly move around in the room no place for our 3 luggages and 3 small cabin bags, later we placed behind the room door, I awarded this is dangerous in case of fire. 4. Safety - hotel do not have safety box in the room you hand your valuable items to Front Desk staff to keep in a safety box. There is no TV monitor install in the hotel entrance, any one from the street can come up to all hotel floors and premises without their notice, Front Desk is located on second floor, next to the hotel entrance, there is a Starbucks all kinds of people inside. We tried to ring around to book another hotel for our return trip but it was full because of the Cherry season. On our returned trip 12/April we met the same female clerk she was so unpleasant to us, no say hello, showing us her angry face, a young man check us in she governed him in each step during our check in routines, he was shaking and rysting, poor fellow!! He was nice to us. - This female Front Desk clerk was so unpleasant to us, we really feel uncomfortable each time we returned to the hotel. In general I will say most of the Front Desk staff had no smile when you met them, not saying hello. The rate we paid to this hotel was rather high, I will never booked this hotel again or recommend to any one after our bad experience during our stay, we had some good experience from our past visits with Beste Western Hotels in other cities.
This hotel is located near a crossroad at the busy area of Nagoya City. It's not difficult to find restaurant and minimarket around the hotel. The standard bedrooms are not large enough, so if we bring big suitcases, will be troubled. But overall, the rooms are clean and neat.
- Close to Nagoya City Science Museum
- Free WiFi and wired Internet in rooms and public areas
- Onsite dining
- 24-hour front desk
Located in Nagoya City Centre within a short walk of Oasis 21, Best Western Hotel Nagoya is within a mile (2 km) of other popular sights such as Nagoya City Science Museum. This 140-room, 4-star hotel has 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café, along with free in-room WiFi. Nagoya Castle and Noritake Garden are also nearby.
Enjoy dining at one of 2 onsite restaurants including Le Tamble, which specializes in French cuisine. You can sip a beverage at the coffee shop/café. Buffet breakfast is offered for a fee each morning from 7 AM to 10 AM.
All of Best Western Hotel Nagoya's 140 air-conditioned rooms provide refrigerators, electric kettles, and phones. 32-inch flat-screen TVs come with digital channels and pay movies, and guests can stay connected with free WiFi and wired Internet. Bathrooms offer hair dryers and free toiletries, and memory foam beds with premium bedding ensure a restful night. In-room massages are available, and rooms also include desks.
Best Western Hotel Nagoya features free WiFi in public areas, 3 meeting rooms, and free newspapers. The front desk is staffed 24/7 to help with dry cleaning/laundry, luggage storage, and securing valuables.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
74.0% of guests recommend this hotelTotal of 354 reviews