Adventure Dubrovnik - Sea Kayaking and Snorkeling Tour
Cleaning and safety practices
- Paddle with-in a stone's throw of Dubrovnik’s towering city walls on a ~3-hour kayak tour from the UNESCO-listed ‘Pearl of the Adriatic.’ Learn about the areas history from a local guide as you kayak near the island of Lokrum, with time for snacks and a refreshing swim or snorkel at a secluded, but popular beach cave along the Dubrovnik coastline. Choose from multiple departure times during this leisurely paced experience, suitable for beginners. Book the evening tour and finish with an added treat — a glass of wine as the sun sets.
Morning Tour (10:00) 10:00
Starts at 10:00am. Please arrive by no later than 09:40am.
Sunset Tour (15:00) 15:00
Starts at 3:00pm. Please arrive by no later than 2:40pm.
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Bring a bathing suit, towel, flipflops or waters shoes (rocky beaches), sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- An outdoor shower is available on site
- Minimum age is 5 years old
- Travelers under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Minimum age is 18 years old to consume alcoholic drinks
- Subject to favorable weather and/or sea conditions. Tour time and/or route may vary, if canceled due to poor weather and/or sea conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative tour date or full refund
- 2-seater kayaks are provided by default. Individual travelers without partners are paired up with other individuals. If a pairing cannot be made, the individual without a partner will be assigned to a single kayak. Single kayaks are otherwise subject to very limited availability and require prior arrival.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We serve ham and cheese sandwiches by default on this tour. We also offer a cheese sandwich (vegetarian) if given at least 2 hours notice. For people with extreme food allergies, we offer fresh fruit (usually an apple and two bananas). No special requests.
- Route is ~7.5km
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your posted tour time. Late arrivals will not be refunded.
- Please DO NOT go to the beach! Even if you are late!
- Please DO NOT approach the orange umbrella! That is NOT our company.
- We've temporarily suspended the use of snorkel mouthpieces for anyone not vaccinated or who cannot produce a negative PCR test from 72-hours prior to their tour. Guests are welcome to bring their own equipment. Masks are provided to everyone.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Weight restrictions apply. Total weight allowance for occupants of a 2-person kayak is 270kg/595lbs.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- All guides on staff have been vaccinated. We've temporarily suspended the use of snorkel mouthpieces for anyone not vaccinated or who cannot produce a negative PCR test from 72-hours prior to their tour. Snorkeling masks will be provided for everyone. Guests are welcome to bring their own equipment.
- Returns to original departure point
What you can expect
-Set off below the Old Town, where looking up at the imposing medieval walls you’ll have the chance to take photos and learn their centuries old history.
-We'll make our way to the seas near Lokrum island. As we paddle by the lushly wooded isle, discover the roots of its age-old curse and hear tales of the island’s remarkable inhabitants.
-Amidst towering rocks and translucent blue-green waters absorb the atmosphere of a hidden Lokrum cave and hear it echo with the island’s secrets.
-Cross back towards the mainland towards the entrancing ruins of a 5-star hotel which fell into ruin after becoming the site of hand-to-hand combat during the War of Independence.
-Visit a popular beach cave, only reachable by sea. Disembark and take harbor on its pebble cove, sunbathe, swim or snorkel through crystal waters. Refuel with a snack.
-Continue back towards the Old Town. Just outside the city harbor stop near the Lazareti buildings where you'll learn the fascinating history of Europe’s first quarantine zone.
-On final approach Pile Bay, you’ll be treated to spectacular sky-meets-sea views of the Old Town ahead. Take photos and bask in your unique seafarer’s perspective of the city.
• Old Town, Dubrovnik Croatia
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Gear and equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing measures in place
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
4.9 average out of 5 rating of 214 reviews
Sort reviews by
Best Deals on Things to Do
Rewards are waiting for you in the Orbitz app
- Earn 4% back when you book your hotel in app, vs. 3% on site
- Get flight status and gate number notifications
- Have questions about your stay? Message your hotel right in the app