Located in Downtown Washington D.C., Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC is adjacent to Verizon Center and within a 5-minute walk of other popular sights like Ford's Theater. This 183-room, 4.5-star hotel has a bar/lounge and 24-hour room service, along with a 24-hour fitness center. Located in central Washington, the hotel is also near White House and United States Capitol.
Start your day off with breakfast, available for a fee. Order from 24-hour room service to satisfy your hunger without leaving your room, or make new friends over drinks at the bar/lounge.
All of Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC's 183 air-conditioned rooms provide minibars, free newspapers, and laptop-compatible safes. Guests can expect WiFi, wired Internet, and 37-inch LCD TVs with cable channels and pay movies. Bathrooms offer hair dryers and designer toiletries, and beds sport Frette Italian sheets. Other standard amenities include video-game consoles, phones, and ironing boards.
At Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC, guests have access to a 24-hour fitness center, WiFi in public areas, and 4 meeting rooms. Valet parking is available for USD 50 per night, and there's also limo/town car service. The front desk has multilingual staff standing by 24 hours a day to assist with dry cleaning/laundry and concierge services. Other amenities at this luxury hotel include conference space, a business center, and coffee/tea in a common area.
- Walking distance to Ford's Theater and Verizon Center
- 24-hour fitness center
- WiFi and wired Internet in rooms and public areas (fees apply)
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC
The Hotel Monaco is located in Washington, DC's Penn Quarter, across the street from the National Portrait Gallery. A transformed federal building, the hotel is a playful mix of neoclassical architecture and whimsical decor with bold orange accents and modern art pieces throughout its public spaces.
Some machines in the 24-hour fitness center include LCD TVs with earphones. A business center with both Macs and PCs is open 24 hours a day (surcharge). Overnight shoeshines are complimentary, as are morning newspapers. The property is smoke-free.
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Business center
- Conference space
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge services
- Total number of rooms - 183
- Express check-out
- Multilingual staff
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Fireplace in lobby
- Meeting rooms 4
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 12.99 per 24-hour period ), Wired internet access ( USD 12.99 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 12.99 per 24-hour period ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.99 per 24-hour period )
Valet parking (surcharge)
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC offers 183 air-conditioned accommodations with minibars and laptop-compatible safes. Beds feature Frette Italian sheets and premium bedding. 37-inch LCD televisions come with premium cable channels, video-game consoles, and pay movies. Bathrooms include bathrobes, designer toiletries, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers.
This Washington hotel provides wired and wireless high-speed Internet access for a surcharge. Business-friendly amenities include desks, complimentary newspapers, and phones. In-room massages and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered daily.
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Video-game console
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- In-room massage available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Frette Italian sheets
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
Dirty Habit provides an atmosphere that focuses on social interaction with bar-centric food equally suited for happy hours, sit-down dinners, and late-night bites. This is the perfect spot for a private, urban hideaway. The atrium features remote-controlled glass walls and the patio encompasses an entire city block.
Nearby Things to Do
A 24-hour on-site fitness center has treadmills with LCD TVs and earphones, cardio equipment, and free weights.
A four-story YMCA with a swimming pool is two blocks from the hotel. The Hotel Monaco is four blocks from the National Mall, with its open space to jog or walk.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near Hotel Monaco Washington DC - a Kimpton Hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 25 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets stay free
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Pets allowed (no fees)
Group bookings of 10 or more rooms cannot be accommodated via this website.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10 and USD 20 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 12.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: USD 12.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 50 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25 per night
- Washington DC Hotel Monaco
- Washington DC Monaco Hotel
- Hotel Monaco
- Monaco Hotel
- Monaco Washington DC
- Monaco Washington DC Hotel
We should mention
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.