- Charges for extra guests may apply and vary depending on the property's policy.
- A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges, as well as a government-issued photo ID, are required at check-in.
- Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in and can't be guaranteed. Certain requests may come with additional charges.
- The following credit cards are accepted: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, and Visa.
- Upon check-in, parents or a legal guardian traveling with children under 18 years old are obligated to present the child's birth certificate and an identity card with photo (passport, for example). For international travels from Brazil, if just one of the parents is traveling with the child, the parent must present—in addition to the child's certificate of birth and identity card with photo—a letter authorizing the trip signed by the other parent with a notarial certification of signature. If the parents or the legal guardian, as applicable, cannot or are unwilling to give this authorization, a judicial authorization is required. People intending to travel to Brazil with children must consult with the Brazilian consulate prior to traveling for more information.
- Connecting or adjoining rooms can be requested, but all rooms are subject to availability. Contact the property using the phone number on your booking confirmation.
- No cribs or infant beds are available.
- No rollaway or extra beds are available.
Windsor Guanabara Hotel3.5 out of 5.0
Recent guest reviews
Teh rooms are ok, clean and neat. The major down side is that the aircons only come on when you put your room card into a slot, and they take hours to cool down the room. Won;t stay here again, painful waiting for teh room to cool down before you can go to sleep.
It was fantastic to stay at a this hotel & explore the neighborhood (on foot). Rio's Center is a world away from the Beach. Full of historical buildings, churches, squares & other treasures. But if you do want to get to the beach, the Uruguaiana Metro station is just one block away. Takes about 20 minutes to reach Copacabana. Right around the corner from the this hotel is the Art Museum & Museo do Amanha. 15 minutes away is the Ferry to Niteroi. The Opera, The spectacular "Real Gabinete" Library & The Confeiteria Colombo are within a 10 minutes walk. And the more you walk the more you'll discover. Tip: Main road facing rooms have a view of the beautiful Church Nossa Senhora da Candelaria. Upper floor rooms have a spectacular view of the bay as well.
The roof top pool and restaurant are prime reasons to consider the hotel. Location close to the harbor was nice as you could easily/safely walk to the Museum of Tomorrow I stayed here due to my flight being cancelled for a mechanical failure. The room was dated but clean, bed/pillows were not lux, but just ok. The staff was pleasant. Prob not staying here again unless another flight issue arise.
The hotel itself is OK. The room is dated and could do with modernizing. The Resteraunt food is OK but nothing special. However this is my third night and the second that I’ve had little to no sleep. My room is on the 19th floor and the noise from outside is unbearable last night sounded like a nightclub - music, shouting and a PA system, tonight it sounds like some one working on a construction site - banging, banging, banging. The noise has been so bad I had to reschedule work appointments so I could sleep longer. In total I only had 4 hours sleep. Tonight I have no idea how much sleep I’m going to get. I’m tired!!!!!!
An overnight in Rio. Spacious room full with amenities (I will say that mini bar was a little too expensive). Service was very good and the staff professional. 4*only in the review, as the hotel needs some work inside, small touchups here and there. Close to the center, small grocery shop and Max Hamburger (recommend it). Very good variety at the breakfast. Very good wifi internet speed.
Very modern hotel in the historical center. You can visit many things by foot from here and metro Uruguayana is nearby. They have a pool on the terrace with a view of the Candelaria church and the ocean, and a small gym next to it. Breakfast is quite good with a large choice but they should make it later than 10 am on Sundays and the four days of carnival. Bedrooms are large, showers too. I asked several days in a row for a good pillow but nobody tried to bring any new one. Also missing tea-coffee making in the room.
The hotel was big big rooms many many people check-in but the overall feel was it's just ok. No tea coffee making in room. No free water bottles lifts are slow. Breakfast spread just ok. To me this hotel in an attempt to serve many is missing the factor of giving comfort feel to tourists or business customers
I was forced to stay one night in Rio due flight issues and I spend one night in this hotel. The first impression about the staff, mr Bruno in the reception and mr Erivelton helped me with luggage, helped relieve the tension of the flight shift. About the hotel, the position seems very good and although I didn’t go through my room in details seems good enough for my purpose.
This was the third time I used the hotel, main plus with this place is the location right next to Candelária Church which is just across the street and quite close to SDU airport.. Plenty of transport options available close by. Breakfast served is delicious with plenty of choices.Hotel now looks little dated and will need refurbishment soon.
I was forced to stay overnight in Rio when my flight from Amsterdam made it impossible to get to my final destination that day. KLM provided accommodation at this downtown hotel and included breakfast and dinner. The hotel is situated in a bustling part of the city and looks very modern from the outside but the interior is much in a traditional style. The lobby is quite small and very busy. My room was large and comfortable with a very large bed and a Jacuzzi in the bathroom. The room was light and airy although the air conditioning was a little intrusive. The mini bar was empty. I ate a light evening meal which was very good and the breakfast buffet was also very good.
- Close to National Library and Catedral de Sao Sebastiao do Rio de Janeiro
- Free buffet breakfast
- Free WiFi in rooms and public areas
- Onsite dining
Located in Centro, Windsor Guanabara Hotel is within a mile (2 km) of popular sights such as National Library and Catedral de Sao Sebastiao do Rio de Janeiro. This 3.5-star hotel has 542 guestrooms and offers an outdoor pool, free in-room WiFi, and a fitness center. Located in central Rio de Janeiro, the hotel is also near Arcos da Lapa and Museum of Modern Art.
Start your day off right with a free buffet breakfast, served each morning from 6 AM to 10 AM. This hotel is home to a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Order from 24-hour room service to satisfy your hunger without leaving your room.
Windsor Guanabara Hotel's 542 soundproofed rooms provide minibars, free local calls, and safes. Guests can expect to find free WiFi and TVs with satellite channels. Bathrooms offer hair dryers and free toiletries. Desks are also included.
At Windsor Guanabara Hotel, guests enjoy features like an outdoor pool, a fitness center, and a sauna. Valet parking is offered for BRL 35 per day. The 24-hour front desk has multilingual staff ready to assist with dry cleaning/laundry, tours or tickets, and luggage storage. Additional amenities include a rooftop terrace, free WiFi in public areas, and 32 meeting rooms.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
71.0% of guests recommend this hotelTotal of 1370 reviews