- Charges for extra guests may apply and vary depending on the property's policy.
- A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges, as well as a government-issued photo ID, are required at check-in.
- Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in and can't be guaranteed. Certain requests may come with additional charges.
- No parking is available onsite.
- The following credit cards are accepted: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, and Visa.
- Upon check-in, parents or a legal guardian traveling with children under 18 years old are obligated to present the child's birth certificate and an identity card with photo (passport, for example). For international travels from Brazil, if just one of the parents is traveling with the child, the parent must present—in addition to the child's certificate of birth and identity card with photo—a letter authorizing the trip signed by the other parent with a notarial certification of signature. If the parents or the legal guardian, as applicable, cannot or are unwilling to give this authorization, a judicial authorization is required. People intending to travel to Brazil with children must consult with the Brazilian consulate prior to traveling for more information.
Savoy Othon3.5 out of 5.0
Recent guest reviews
I arrived very early in the morning and I was given a room immediately and didn't have to wait till 15.00. The staff, particularly the reception and concierge , were very friendly and helpful answering all my queries in English which was most appreciated. The location was very good for the beach, shops and most tourist attractions. I could walk to Ipanema Beach and the lake too. The hotel is not a modern building but it was very comfortable.Lots of hot waer and a good shower.
Me and my family waited and waited and waited. Instead of solving our problems they'd come with new ones. Very expensive, no parking lot, no swimming pool and not even AC in the lobby. We were waiting for 3 hours and it was suuuper hot. Would not come back!
The location is great, two blocks away from Copacabana beach. The staff are very friendly, and especially those in the reception all speak very good English. The room was clean, though the furniture was a bit dated.
Located 200 meters from Copacabana beach you can walk there in 2 minutes. Very helpful staff who assisted us with football tickets. And the room had the best pillows ever! But don't expect what you see in the pictures, the hotel is a bit dated. But then again, in Rio you don't really want to spend much time in the room anyway.
The location is pretty great - just a block away from Copacabana beach. The building is old and tired. The room service food is pretty terrible. The room safe was not working and upon calling the reception was told that it would take 2 hours to fix. Hotel is clean, rooms are clean as well but old and the age shows in the bathroom fixtures, the TV, fridge etc.
The hotel has a good location, they provide a good service, secure, cleaning rooms, and the hotel offers a great breakfast. A metro station is two blocks away from the hotel. Bus to Rio downtown runs frequently. The lifts are old.
Beautiful location. Hotel clean but nothing more. Every night we heard a dog from apartments around the hotel yap non-stop so it was hard to sleep. Also, we had problems with the safe so we called the service and they came about an hour and half after to fix it. Breakfast is correct. There are many homeless people sleeping directly in the street near the hotel so you cross them every time you go out. I am not sure that I would return to it.
Great Location, and the Staff was so accommodating! Loved Deborah at the front desk, she is a treasure, her English is impeccable. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The beds were firm which I like. Breakfast was fine. Fresh Fruit, Hot and cold cereals, eggs, bacon and crepes. If you were looking a comfortable place to lay your head before heading out sightseeing this is the place!
Staff were very helpful, they all spoke English fairly fluently. Rooms were clean and tidy. Set central Copacabana with lots of restraunts and cafes all within walking distance. Certainly felt very safe within the area, night market close by
The location is amazing-the amenities are basic but the rooms and the hotel is clean. I did have issues with them complaining that the used towels were too dirty (makeup) and they requested we pay $20.00 USD per towel in order to recover the 'damages'. We insisted that it was removable with a strong detergent and the towels were thin and not worth 20.00. It was interesting that when I became upset, they indicated they would wash it once more and with their 'stronger' detergent. Overall, very helpful staff and pretty quiet as it is on one of the main streets.
- Free buffet breakfast
- Free WiFi in rooms and public areas
- Concierge services
Located in Copacabana within a short walk of Dorival Caymmi Statue, Savoy Othon is within a mile (2 km) of Copacabana Fort. This 145-room, 3.5-star hotel has conveniences like free breakfast, a bar/lounge, and free in-room WiFi. Christ the Redeemer and Sugar Loaf Mountain are also nearby.
Start your day off right with a free buffet breakfast, served each morning from 6 AM to 10 AM. Order from room service to satisfy your hunger without leaving your room, or make new friends over drinks at the bar/lounge.
All 145 air-conditioned rooms feature minibars, laptop-compatible safes, and phones. Guests can expect to find free WiFi and TVs with cable channels. Bathrooms offer rainfall showers, hair dryers, and free toiletries.
Savoy Othon features free WiFi in public areas and laundry facilities. Multilingual staff at the 24-hour front desk can assist with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and luggage storage.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
56.0% of guests recommend this hotelTotal of 804 reviews