- Charges for extra guests may apply and vary depending on the property's policy.
- A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges, as well as a government-issued photo ID, are required at check-in.
- Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in and can't be guaranteed. Certain requests may come with additional charges.
- The following credit cards are accepted: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, and Visa.
- As required by the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare, all international visitors must submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Also, it's required that lodging proprietors photocopy the passports of all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
- No cribs or infant beds are available.
- Parking has height restrictions.
Hotel Sunroute Umeda3.0 out of 5.0
Recent guest reviews
At the ladies' floor, the room was equipped with cream. eye warming masks, streamer for your skin, hair dryers and other useful stuff、 It looks like some rooms seemed to have the renovation. Outlets were sufficient, which was good. Breakfast menu had varieties of food. It was superb. If you need the laundry service, the brochure said that the hotel has a service to deliver by the next morning.
The room and the bathroom both too small but you do not pay heavens to stay here .Good location with lots of shopping nearby and restaurants abound too . Certainly not in walking distance from railway station do not be misled as it is walkable for those locals who know the back lanes of Osaka or are well versed with Japanese language . Breakfast was included and was Japanese fare .Staff helpful but was surprised we seemed only non-Japanese guests .
Not tourist friendly, too far from the train station and if you are a smoker then the rooms in this hotel will be your paradise. But being a non smoker being placed into a smoky room is not fun. We asked to be moved early afternoon and was told that the hotel was full. I checked Booking.com and found that there were rooms available. After trying to sleep in the room and the smoke smell in the room was just too much, we had to make a fuss before one of the officers did his best and gave us another room. Overall our experience in the hotel and in Osaka was not positive as it is not a tourist friendly prefecture unlike Hiroshima, Kyoto and Tokyo. Never return to this prefecture. We were given a 1,000 yen discount voucher for dinner but the damage was done and it was not used. The none speaking English of the staff made it more difficult. I used my English to Japanese translator to be heard.
Average hotel, like most of the hotels this standard the bathroom is somewhat too small for westerners. A/C worked poorly. We were lucky to visit Osaka in a rather cool season - slept with windows open. Personnel, like everywhere in Japan, is very responsive and kind, however, knowledge of English or whatever other language than Japanese is very poor. Room was good and clean.
Good location. Close to Osaka station. Rooms were small, but perfectly comfortable. Bathroom was clean and had nice quality amenities. Wifi was provided for free, but wasn't very stable. Worked fast when it was stable. Staff were friendly and helpful. I didn't eat in the hotel, so am unable to comment on that. Overall, it was an enjoyable stay.
Room is one of the smallest I have ever stayed in Japan all these years. Bathroom in particularly small. Location is to the north of Umeda Station. Even further from JR Osaka. Be prepared to walk a good 10 -15 mins to take the JR. The room is clean and breakfast is excellent in terms of quality and value for money. Some rooms could be facing the main road so if you are sensitive to traffic noise, ask for a quiet room to the back.
I stayed at their Ladies' only floor. it was clean, save and comfy. Some people may find their room too small but remember here is Japan. Don't use your own country's standard to measure. Great location. 3 minutes walk to Metro station and yet away from all the crowds in Umeda. Friendly service with staffs can speak English.
Room was decent size for a Japanese hotel, but the room smelt like smoke and urine, and the floors were ridiculously dirty (as if it hadn't been cleaned in a decade). Felt uncomfortable walking around the room and sleeping. Really regret having switched over from my original hotel in Kyoto to this one. Hotel staff had trouble speaking english and I think they ended up giving me the 'gaijin' sub-par room. International travelers beware.
My original room was not satisfactory- torn, stained carpet, spotty bedspread- but the staff were able to move me to another room. The second room was clean and satisfactory. The bathrooms are clean and nice. The breakfast was tasty and the variety was good.
1. Compare to my other stay in Osaka hotel, this hotel is not near at all. 2. They do not have air-con service, according to them it is due to this particular season. Luckily our room can open the window so that we can have cool air come into the room but pity my sister's room, the window is locked and they just borrow a fan. My sister had terrible stay there. 3. Yes, our room window can open, but we are facing a Fire Station, we being woke up by the emergency, noise really make us suffer so much. 4. Bed is so small that compare to other same ranking hotels We are so regret to choose this hotel. Luckily we just stay for 1 night and switch to other hotel, you know what? We have the feeling of from hell to heaven.
- Walking distance to Umeda Sky Building
- Free WiFi and wired Internet in rooms and public areas
- Onsite dining
- Concierge services
Located in Kita within a short walk of Umeda Sky Building, Hotel Sunroute Umeda is within 2 miles (3 km) of other popular sights such as Osaka Science Museum. The 217 rooms at this 3-star hotel include refrigerators, plasma TVs, and pillowtop beds. Located in central Osaka, the hotel is also near Osaka Castle and Mint Museum.
Start each morning with buffet breakfast, available for a fee from 7 AM to 10 AM. This hotel has a restaurant where you can enjoy a bite to eat.
All 217 air-conditioned rooms feature refrigerators, free bottled water, and phones. 19-inch plasma TVs come with satellite channels and pay movies, and guests can stay connected with free WiFi and wired Internet. Bathrooms offer hair dryers and free toiletries, and pillowtop beds with Frette Italian sheets ensure a restful night. In-room massages are available, and rooms also include desks. Bathrooms are shared.
Hotel Sunroute Umeda features free WiFi in public areas, 8 meeting rooms, and conference space. Self parking is offered for JPY 1500 per night. Multilingual staff at the 24-hour front desk can assist with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and luggage storage. This hotel also has coffee/tea in a common area.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
54% of guests recommend this hotelTotal of 195 reviews