Super 8 - Okawville2.0 out of 5.0
Recent guest reviews
It was great experience stay Okawville. People are very friendly and helpful. Even they give ride to half an hour away enterprise to pick a car. Thanks
There was an overwhelming odor throughout the front of the hotel, possibly from a dinner meal of Indian food. The manager/desk clerk was very nice and cordial. The rooms were fairly clean, time for an update. This seems to be the Super 8 situation throughout the states, some very nice, clean and up to date, others well worn like this one. When you've been driving all day and into the night, all I want is a clean somewhat up to date room not a resort. Wish this brand could deliver at all locations
The hotel was old n smelled of mold. The night personnel was not friendly. I will never stay there again.
Okay stay. Very friendly and help full. Not much there for breakfast, even for a continental one.
A very clean inexpensive hotel staffed by very kind and gracious people that hustled and worked hard. The adjacent town was also very quaint and welcoming.
The worst experience ever in a Super 8 / the whole place smelled like an ash tray, and the floors left stains on our feet when just walking around in our bare feet... NASTY !!!
There were a few bugs that I saw in the room. Wasn't too clean. Staff was great but I wouldn't stay there again.
The hotel was clean, and comfortable. The staff was courteous. I had no complaints and would recommend this establishment.
The Super 8 in Okawville is more than excellent. It looks more like a Holiday Inn than the Super 8s I am accustomed to. Well done !
After we checked into our room exhausted from driving all day, we suddenly spotted many bugs crawling everywhere on the floor. At first we thought they were cockroaches--they were black and about 1 inch long. My husband killed at least a dozen of them, and then I spotted one on a bed pillow! That freaked me out. We went to tell the desk clerk, and she came into our room. She said they were not cockroaches, but "wheat beetles". She said, well, we are in the country, so there are bugs--they are harmless. We said we couldn't stay in a room with bugs crawling all over it. She said all she could do was to give us a refund and we could go stay at another hotel. This was the night before the eclipse--and we knew we would never find another hotel with a vacancy. So we were stuck. We finally decided we would stay, but would keep the light on all night. The desk clerk then said she would give us a $20 refund, which she did. My husband kept finding them, and killed over a dozen more. They just kept coming, scurrying around the room in and out of wall-boards. He also found at least a dozen more already dead in various places of the room. Finally, being so completely tired, we had to try to sleep, after first checking all through the bedding. I stayed up awhile, too afraid to sleep. Then when I was finally almost asleep, I felt something--a bug had crawled onto the bed and gotten inside of my shirt! I became absolutely hysterical, crying and shaking--this was really a terrifying experience for me. My husband, too, was so upset--we ended up then going outside and slept in our car for the rest of the night. It was a horrible for us--I think I will have nightmares about this place for some time to come.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
32% of guests recommend this hotelTotal of 118 reviews