Cleaning and safety practices
Udawalawe National Park safari & wide range of biodiversity
Sanctuary for deer, water buffaloes, leopards & crocodiles
Visiting the Elephant Transit Home during feeding time
Scenic mountain range & important habitat for elephants
Private tour for a personal excursion in a popular area
About this activity
What's included, what's not
Private jeep safari tour in Udawalawe National Park
Admission fees to Elephant Transit Home and Udawalawe National Park
Roundtrip transportation to and from your Colombo or Mount Lavinia hotel
Live tour commentary provided in English
Know Before You Book
Children 2 and younger are complimentary.
Maximum group size is 6 people.
What you can expect
See one of the most fascinating national parks in Sri Lanka—Udawalawe National Park. Take a private safari through the park and spot a wide array of animals, including elephants, leopards, water buffaloes, and deer. After a delicious lunch, visit the Elephant Transit Home at feeding time.
Begin with a drive toward Udawalawe and upon arrival, admire the scenic mountain range that winds endlessly on the Balangoda, Kalthota, and Haputale cliffs. It is then time for an exciting safari across the national park as your guide tells you the park's history dating back to 1972. This reserve, covering 119 square miles (308 sq km), has a lot to offer with many species of plants, reptiles, birds, and 135 species of butterflies.
During your safari, spot sambar and barking deer, water buffaloes, jackals, mugger crocodiles, and Sri-Lankan leopards. Keep your eyes peeled for sloth bears and hear how Udawalawe is an important habitat for Sri Lankan elephants and water birds before a break for lunch.
Continue to the Elephant Transit Home and watch a milk feeding for the orphans from a viewing platform for approximately 20 minutes. Then explore the facility to understand its focus on providing essential resources to these animals before you return to your hotel.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Social distancing measures in place
- Protective shields in place at main contact areas
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Temperature checks available
- Masks required
- Masks provided
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Individually wrapped food options available
This information is provided by our partners
- Udawalawe National Park
- 7th Mile Post
- Sevanagala Uva Province
- Hotel Pick Up (Colombo City center)
- Colombo Western Province
- Hotel Pickup (Mount Lavinia City Center)
- Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia Western Province
- Hotel Pick Up (Negombo City Center)
- Negombo Western Province
Rewards are waiting for you in the Orbitz app
- Earn 4% back when you book your hotel in app, vs. 3% on site
- Get flight status and gate number notifications
- Have questions about your stay? Message your hotel right in the app