Cleaning and safety practices
Look into the Masaya Active Volcano Crater
Visit to Colonial Town of Granada
Boat Ride in Lake Nicaragua
Shop Artisan Markets
Door-to-door service: Pick-up and Drop-off at your hotel
What's included, what's not
Breakfast & Lunch
All Border Taxes and Fees
All Activity Entrance Fees
Food and beverages not listed as inclusions
Know Before You Book
Native's Way is not responsible for any additional fees for obtaining a visa to Nicaragua. Canada, USA, and most European Passports are automatic visa upon entry with no fee. Contact us if you have a questions regarding your visa.
Roundtrip transportation is available from all hotels, condos, and houses in Pinilla, Langosta, Tamarindo, Grande, Brasilito, Conchal, Flamingo, Potrero, RIU Hotels, Ocotal, Playas del Coco, Playa Hermosa, Playa Panama and Liberia
Entry to Nicaragua: Schedule your PCR Covid-19 test with us for 120 USD - Doctor will travel to your hotel 2 days before the date of the tour. If the doctor is not available, please schedule your own PCR test.
Complete the Health Pass for reentry to Costa Rica - https://salud.go.cr/
What you can expect
Explore all of Nicaragua’s most famous highlights all in one day from Costa Rica!
- Visit the highlights of Nicaragua in One Day
- Look into the Masaya Active Volcano Crater
- Visit to Colonial Town of Granada
- Boat Ride in Lake Nicaragua
- Shop Artisan Markets
- Door-to-door service: Pick-up and Drop-off at your hotel
You will picked up from your hotel promptly and taken to the border where your guide will help you in every step of the crossing, which takes about 30 minutes. The guide will make the process easy for you and will take care of all of the passport paperwork and visas. From here we will travel to eat a hearty breakfast to start off the day.
Catarina Volcano Outlook Point:
Here you will enjoy an incredible view over the dormant volcano crater, Granada, and Lake Nicaragua. You will be allowed to walk around freely for a while before getting back in the bus and heading to the next stop.
Masaya Artisan Market: Do some shopping for inexpensive souvenirs and experience the Nicaraguan life style before sitting down for a typical Nicaraguan lunch.
Masaya Volcano: An active volcano where you will have the opportunity to stand right next to its crater and hear it rumbling and spewing of gases. An incredible, rare sight.
Next stop: Granada! An old Colonial town near Lake Nicaragua. Stop at La Merced Church, considered one of the most beautiful buildings of Granada. It is flanked by a large tower that houses the church bells. You will ascend the stairs and reach the roof of the church. From here, you’ll have a panoramic city view of Granada, Mombacho Volcano, and Nicaragua Lake with the islets. This is the perfect place to take pictures of the beautiful city and the surroundings.
Your last stop - one hour boat ride in Lake Nicaragua viewing the Nicarguan Islets around sunset. Your guide will stop by Monkey Island consisting only of monkeys that will come out and take food from your guide on the boat! You will then head back to Costa Rica, stopping on the way to pick up some snacks.
What to Bring: Sunscreen, Camera, Passport, Proof of flight out of Costa Rica, US Dollars to buy souvenirs
Pick up Locations: Hotels/Condos/Houses in JW Marriott/Pinilla, Tamarindo, Langosta, Grande, Conchal, Flamingo, RIU Hotels, Coco, Hermosa/Panama (Villas Sol, Condovac, Secrets Papagayo, Occidental Papagayo, Mangroove), Andaz/Four Seasons/Planet Hollywood (50 USD transport fee per booking, not per person), Liberia, Dreams Las Mareas
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travelers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Masks required
- Masks provided
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Individually wrapped food options available
- Granada Granada
- Hotel Pickup Zone 2 - Hotels, Condos, Houses in JW Marriott, Langosta, Tamarindo, Grande, Conchal, Flamingo, Potrero
- Tamarindo Guanacaste Province
- Hotel Pickup Zone 1 - Hotels, Condos, Houses in RIU Guanacaste/Palace, Ocotal, Playas del Coco, Hermosa, Panama, Liberia
- del coco beach Guanacaste Province
- Hotel Pickup: Liberia
- Liberia Guanacaste Province
4.7 average out of 5 rating of 9 reviews
Sort reviews by
Rewards are waiting for you in the Orbitz app
- Earn 4% back when you book your hotel in app, vs. 3% on site
- Get flight status and gate number notifications
- Have questions about your stay? Message your hotel right in the app