Nazareth, Tiberias & Sea of Galilee Day Tour from Jerusalem
4.4/54.4 out of 5
- Visit the city of Nazareth, and the Church of Annunciation
- View the Sea of Galilee and visit Mount Beatitude church
- Visit the Church at Capernaum, home of Saint Peter
- Visit Tabgha and the Church of Multiplication
- Get baptized in the waters of the Jordan River
Nazareth and Sea of Galilee Day Tour from Jerusalem
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- You will need to contact the tour provider after the booking to arrange pickup time and location
- The minimum age for joining the tour is four years old
What you can expect
Start in Nazareth to visit the Church of Annunciation, built on the site where the angel Gabriel appeared before Mary (Luke 1:26ff) . Right next to it is the Church of St. Joseph, recalling the carpentry where Jesus and Joseph worked. Among the other places of interest are the Greek Orthodox Church of St. Gabriel and the adjoining well.
On the outskirts of Nazareth, offering a panoramic view of the Jezreel Valley is the Mount of Precipitation where “they lead him to the brow of the hill … that they might throw him down” (Luke 4:28-30).
Cana, site of the first wonder performed by Jesus, the turning of the water to wine (John 2:1-12) is about half an hour from Nazareth, on the way to Tiberias and the Kinneret, the Sea of Galilee.
At Tiberias it is possible to board a wooden boat reminiscent of those used by the fishermen of yore. During a short ride on the the Sea of Galilee one cannot but recall how Jesus calmed the stormy waters and walked on them. (Mk 4:35-41 and 6:45-52). On the shores of the Kinneret you can visit the Church at Capernaum, home of Peter, as well as the Benedictine Church commemorating the miracle of the Multiplication of the Loaves and the Fish (Mark 6:30-44) and the Franciscan Church of Mensa Christi where Jesus was revealed to the disciples for the last time (John 21).
Visit the Church on Mount Beatitude which commemorates the Sermon on the Mount (Mat 5)
Get baptized in the waters of the Jordan River at the Yardenit site!
Rewards are waiting for you in the Orbitz app
- Earn 4% back when you book your hotel in app, vs. 3% on site
- Get flight status and gate number notifications
- Have questions about your stay? Message your hotel right in the app