High-Speed Ferry to St. Barths
Cleaning and safety practices
- Comfortable ride on a spacious, high-speed ferry
- Pleasant way to travel from one paradise to another
- Air-conditioned, shaded cabin space & open, sunny deck
- Postcard-worthy tropical views of the islands and sea
- Multiple departures available for a convenient transit
Includes one-way ferry ride
Day Trip Ticket
Includes roundtrip ferry ride with same day return
Includes overnight roundtrip ferry ride
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Children 3 and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
- You must bring a valid passport to enter St. Barths. (St Barthelemy) St Maarten
- Great Bay Express Ferry is Wheel Chair accessible
- If you are prone to motion sickness, please take any necessary precautions. Consult a medical professional before taking any medication.
- Ferries depart from St. Maarten at 7:30 AM, (07:30) and 5:30 PM (17:30) on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Friday and Saturday. Sundays, the ferry departs 5:30 PM - 17:30 and we have No Trips Scheduled on Wednesdays.
- Ferries depart from St. Barth (St Barthelemy) at 8:45 AM, (08:45) and 6:45 PM (18:45) on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Friday and Saturday. Sundays, the ferry departs 6:45 PM - (18:45) and we have No Trips Scheduled on Wednesdays..
- Hours of operation may vary; please check before you go.
- Check-in is 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure start time.
What you can expect
Hop aboard a comfortable, mono-hull ferry and be whisked across the waves from St. Maarten to St. Barths. Take a seat in the air-conditioned shade or on the sun-soaked deck for the 45-minute ride.
Depart from Bobby's Marina in Philipsburg and enjoy a high-speed ferry service between the islands. Watch an audio-visual presentation about the islands, or just soak up the scenery from the deck as you cruise over the turquoise waters to the unspoiled and glamorous island paradise of St. Barths.
You can opt for a one-way ticket, a same-day roundtrip ticket, or a roundtrip ticket with an open return if you plan to spend a night or more soaking up the white sand beaches, dense jungle trails, and Old World culture of St. Jean and the rest of the isle.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travelers
- Social distancing measures in place
- Protective shields in place at main contact areas
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Temperature checks available
- Masks required
- Hand sanitizer provided
3.8 average out of 5 rating of 52 reviews
Sort reviews by
Rewards are waiting for you in the Orbitz app
- Earn 4% back when you book your hotel in app, vs. 3% on site
- Get flight status and gate number notifications
- Have questions about your stay? Message your hotel right in the app