Exclusive: 'Game of Thrones' Walking Tour of Dubrovnik
Cleaning and safety practices
- See the Dubrovnik locations used in the hit TV series 'Game of Thrones' on this 3-hour Exclusive that can't be booked anywhere else. With an expert guide at your side, you’ll get to know the fictional city of King's Landing while exploring Dubrovnik's UNESCO-listed Old Town. Climb the city walls, picturing the bloody battles from the TV series, and visit Lovrijenac Fortress to learn about the evil exploits of King Joffrey. Follow in the footsteps of Ayra Stark and hear insider gossip galore about the popular series. If you have more time free, upgrade to include a 1.5-hour guided trip to Trsteno Arboretum. Explore the historical gardens, which were used as the King's Landing palace gardens in the third 'Game of Thrones' series, and see incredible exotic plants plus a medley of architecture.
2h tour with Lovrijenac ticket 10:15
2-hour 'Game of Thrones' guided walking tour including the Fort Lovrijenac ticket. The City Walls ticket is not included.
3h tour including all tickets 10:15
3-hour 'Game of Thrones' guided walking tour including the entrance tickets for both the Lovrijenac Fort and the City Walls.
4.5h extended tour to Trsteno 10:15
4.5 hour GOT guided walking tour including the Lovrijenac Fort and the City walls tickets, plus a trip to Trsteno Arboretum.
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 15 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is highly recommended to bring comfortable shoes and a hat
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required for the 'Tour Only in French'
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers during transport.
- Returns to original departure point
- Departure time: 10:15 AM
What you can expect
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pile Gate, Ulica Vrata od Pila, Dubrovnik 20000 Croatia
Meeting our licensed tour guide by the 'Dubravka 1836' restaurant at Pile Square marks the start of your exclusive 'Game of Thrones' tour. Placed right outside the Old Town city walls, this spot is just perfect not only for providing you with introductory details about the tour, but also for drawing your attention to some of the city attractions you will hear more about later on the tour: the Pile Gate, the Old Town city walls, the Lovrijenac fort.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Fort Lovrijenac, Od Tabakarije 29, Dubrovnik 20000 Croatia
Nicknamed 'the Dubrovnik Gibraltar', but also known as the Red Keep among the Game of Thrones fans, the Lovrijenac fortress rises on a cliff outside the Old Town city walls, 37 m (121 ft) above sea level. Built in the 11th century within just three months' time, this fort symbolizes the resistance to the Venetian Republic. Visiting the Lovrijenac fortress on this walking tour is a chance for you to enjoy many impressive views of the capital of the Seven Kingdoms.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Old Town, Dubrovnik Croatia
Passing through the Pile Gate, the western entrance to the Old Town, you will reach the historical core of Dubrovnik. Walking through its streets and alleys, you will be walking through the spots where they actually filmed the scenes. A guide will take you to many different filming locations from the show, also providing interesting information and facts about Dubrovnik.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Walls of Dubrovnik, Placa Ulica 32, Dubrovnik 20000 Croatia
A part of this exclusive experience is a walk along the city walls. The city walls of Dubrovnik are a series of defensive stone walls surrounding the Old Town. Built from the 13th to the 17th century and almost 2 km (1,24 mi) long, these walls represent one of the most beautiful fortification systems in Europe. At some points, their height reaches 25 m (82 ft), so a walk along the walls is a must if you want to see those red rooftops of King's Landing or simply look out over Blackwater Bay.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Trsteno Arboretum, Potok 20, Trsteno 20235 Croatia
Upgrade to include a trip to Trsteno Arboretum and after just a short drive in a comfortable vehicle you will find yourself in one of the oldest arboretums in Croatia. Rich in thousands of trees and exotic plants and interesting architecture, this park was used as the King's Landing's palace gardens. Enjoy the greenery and incredible views while your guide gives you details about this outstanding filming location.
Duration: 1 hour 25 minutes
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Gear and equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing measures in place
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
4.6 average out of 5 rating of 696 reviews
Sort reviews by
Best Deals on Things to Do
Rewards are waiting for you in the Orbitz app
- Earn 4% back when you book your hotel in app, vs. 3% on site
- Get flight status and gate number notifications
- Have questions about your stay? Message your hotel right in the app